The unmistakable sign of a connoisseur in 2015?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

eurperg

by eurperg

I don't race, I don't even train... I just RIDE. And mostly alone, enjoying the solitude and sound of Bora Ultras.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

Someone who doesn't consult a cycling forum and forms his own opinion on what works for him?

chipomarc

by chipomarc

sawyer wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
ChrisSnyder wrote:Alloy Tubulars, specifically Ambrosios.

And doesn't pose by training on carbon rims...

That rules me out then ... as I train and commute on carbon tubs ... what if you're actually not racing, are you allowed to ride carbon rims/tubulars?

That's like have a sign on your back saying ' I'm a dentist who just quit golfing and now into Gran Fondos '

sawyer

by sawyer

chipomarc wrote:
sawyer wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
ChrisSnyder wrote:Alloy Tubulars, specifically Ambrosios.

And doesn't pose by training on carbon rims...

That rules me out then ... as I train and commute on carbon tubs ... what if you're actually not racing, are you allowed to ride carbon rims/tubulars?

That's like have a sign on your back saying ' I'm a dentist who just quit golfing and now into Gran Fondos '

Well, I'm not and have never been a dentist (revolting thought to be frank, though a much needed profession) ... I did used to play golf, and have been known to do Gran Fondos - especially the lesser known boutique ones with no dentists
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

kulivontot

by kulivontot

We have a kid on our collegiate team who races on an immaculate 90's Serotta with a Look Ergo Stem. He kills it too. None of you will ever aspire to that level.

Zoro

by Zoro

I age my silks on wood rims.

uraqt

by uraqt

12c is 53f right?

If so I would be baking out here in CA... if I wore all that clothing.... I don't even own a LS jersey. And it's been years since I wore arm warmers the whole ride when it's dry. I might use knee warmers a few times a year, but only on the 1st 20 miles of a ride...

C

PS and only time I have worn a cap under helmet is when it's snowing/freezing temp.

eurperg

by eurperg

Zoro wrote:I age my silks on wood rims.

:thumbup: Have you any tips for a humidor large enough to fit a 700c rim with tubular?

sawyer

by sawyer

kulivontot wrote:We have a kid on our collegiate team who races on an immaculate 90's Serotta with a Look Ergo Stem. He kills it too. None of you will ever aspire to that level.

Serotta is an interesting one - it's in a category that SHOUTS connoisseur, which of course is antithetical to the essence of connoisseurship. Contrast it for example with the quiet self-confidence exuded by the rider on a nice frame with alloy tubular wheels ... he doesn't have to tell you loudly he knows his stuff ... if you know yours, you'll spot it ...
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

jeffy

by jeffy

disc brakes on a road bike :shock:

Zoro

by Zoro

eurperg wrote:
Zoro wrote:I age my silks on wood rims.

:thumbup: Have you any tips for a humidor large enough to fit a 700c rim with tubular?

I do. The dark space under our stairs in the tower.
Live in So California 1km from beach.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

eurperg wrote:I don't race, I don't even train... I just RIDE. And mostly alone, enjoying the solitude and sound of Bora Ultras.

As above ............
BB

Coffee & carbon

dj97223

by dj97223

Stay thirsty my friends . . .
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

fa63

by fa63

Someone who wraps their bars without using any tape :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com