Moderator: Moderator Team
1) Adherence to the "form follows function" axiom, meaning the bike shouldn't have any embellishments it doesn't need to do its job,
2) "Classic" style, meaning it ought not to have aspects that, in later years, will let anyone guess the date of manufacture (the bike equivalent of a mullet haircut),
3) Subtle graphics on the frame and components. That's not to say "stealth", but something other than Formula 1 style logos on every visible surface.
4) Exquisite attention to detail by the builder.
I'm sure there are others, and better ones. I'm looking forward to reading more.
1) Anything thats not melted in-the-sun pinarello
2) Integrated seatmast
3) tubes not overly huge, stays not overly thin
4) proper geometry ala LOOK 595
5) headtube not too short/tall
6) Matte finish, pref bare carbon or black w white logos
7) fork not too thin or fat in proprtion to frame
But... if you have to ask...
The bike should look like things belong together, are in proportion, with no hideous paint schemes, or gaudy graphics.
I prefer single-material frames as I've come to look back on the multi-material craze of the early '00's as a little gimmicky.
I'm not adverse to putting modern components on an older frame, if it's done well.
How many drivers does a buggy have?
So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 0 Replies
- 319 Views
Last post by Tommo
Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:02 pm
5.84kg Beautiful Blue Evo
Last post by SLCBrandon « Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:25 pmReplies: 31
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by SLCBrandon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:41 am » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 31 Replies
- 4176 Views
Last post by SLCBrandon
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:25 pm
- 17 Replies
- 2661 Views
Last post by bllx
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:30 am
- 1 Replies
- 412 Views
Last post by topflightpro
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 pm
- 10 Replies
- 1707 Views
Last post by alcatraz
Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:08 am