Garmin Edge 500 Battery Replacement - How to / DIY / Guide

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Exar

by Exar

Dan512 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:39 pm
Any news about the battery change in your 705? Thinking about doing mine.
I've done a couple, it's quite easy, unscrew the Torx screws on the back, open up the case, remove battery (it's glued in but it's not that hard to remove), replace with new battery, make sure all cables are reconnected (again, not hard and there's really only one way to attach them), close it up. If you have a reasonable level of hand-eye coordination and technical insight you'll be finished within 15 minutes. Then again, if play blocks puzzled you to no end in Kindergarten, I would leave the job to someone else ;)
Chains to the right!

by Weenie

Dan512

by Dan512

Exar wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:50 am
Dan512 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:39 pm
Any news about the battery change in your 705? Thinking about doing mine.
I've done a couple, it's quite easy, unscrew the Torx screws on the back, open up the case, remove battery (it's glued in but it's not that hard to remove), replace with new battery, make sure all cables are reconnected (again, not hard and there's really only one way to attach them), close it up. If you have a reasonable level of hand-eye coordination and technical insight you'll be finished within 15 minutes. Then again, if play blocks puzzled you to no end in Kindergarten, I would leave the job to someone else ;)
Thanks! I’ll put that on my winter todo list :D

lucksun

by lucksun

There's a lot of information.

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

Put a new battery in my Edge 800. Easy and gives the GPS a nice long run time again : )
adrenaline junkie