2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

astranoc

by astranoc

I found the bibs exceptional good, they compete for comfort with my many times more expensive assos bibs. The fit on the jersey is a bit weird but it's not bad while on the bike. The quality of the whole kit is great. I am very happy with it!

nismosr

by nismosr

Any one here still waiting for their kit to arrive ? I haven't receive my kit as of today .
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

nismor - did you talk to Jakroo about your order? They should have provided a tracking number to you, too, when it shipped.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

nismosr

by nismosr

Sent an email this morning but I haven't receive any respond yet. maybe I should give them a call instead ?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

They may be closed today - it is a US holiday after all and some companies take the day off, some chose not to. They tend to be very responsive to e-mails though.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Rob1519

by Rob1519

nismosr wrote:Any one here still waiting for their kit to arrive ? I haven't receive my kit as of today .

Same here. I was advised of an 11/13 arrival, but no tracking info to date

fogflip

by fogflip

prendrefeu wrote:Apparently it depends on what cut you get. The 'slim' cut has snug arms, the regular (race) cut, not so much.

I've heard mostly positive things about the fit prior to choosing Jakroo - the few negatives were the same things I've heard with every other mfg out there, just as the human body itself is diverse. Following the WW order I've heard positive fit comments as well, which is encouraging.

I'm sorry that you did not like your team's order, fogflip.

That could be it we ordered the race cut not pro cut. But one would expect race cut to actually be race cut! Also we have the pro bibs a few of the Skinner legged guys had some issues with the grippers but maybe that's all been resolved since are orders...

slyboots

by slyboots

It looks like Jakroo sent me my items twice, so I wrote them to understand what has happened. If anyone is waiting for his order with 2x standard/S jerseys and 2x S bibs, please let me know - the second one might be yours.

nismosr

by nismosr

prendrefeu wrote:They may be closed today - it is a US holiday after all and some companies take the day off, some chose not to. They tend to be very responsive to e-mails though.

finally received my kit yesterday (friday), Jersey fit well, I haven't tried the bib, maybe tomorrows ride.

Thanks again Pren.

djconnel

by djconnel

Scientific experiment #2: Low-Key Hillclimbs.

Aside: I love comments like "the fit is awful". Translation: "if your body is exactly the same shape as mine, the fit is awful." To me the jersey fits great: no excess material, the crotch is at the right height on the bibs (my normal team bibs fit more like this), yet I don't feel constricted anywhere.

djconnel

by djconnel

Better photo, from Mt Hamilton on Thursday:

Does that look like a jersey that doesn't fit? (me, anyway)

I felt like I paced it well but was slower than I wanted to be.... 30 km mostly uphill w/ 2 short descents.

Winner was Eric Wohlberg:

Look at the difference in position....

Devon

by Devon

Smart looking kit - good job.

djconnel

by djconnel

I was so pleased with how this order went, I just went with my own Jakroo order of a jersey for a hillclimb series I organize. Jersey design is approved, bottoms to follow. The fit options, from slim to relaxed, men and women, really do a wonderful job as long as people can identify which is for them, and the ordering process is super-easy with individual delivery.

I think their art department is a bit more give-the-customer-what-they-ask-for rather than show-us-a-sketch-and-we'll-make-it-professional. If you've got confidence in a design, this is fine. I know having worked with Voler in the past they are more involved in the artistic side. But I've never had any luck with Voler's fit.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Darn it!!! Looks like I missed out on the great price and the coupon code.... :( All because I don't normally visit the Cycle Chat section.

Anyway, how does everyone like their Jersey so far? Is it surviving the abuse form usage and washing?

PSM

by PSM

I haven't used mine due to poor fit. Arms too wide. Hips too tight. But it looks great! :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com