2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

PSM

by PSM

prendrefeu wrote:That is strange. What size(s) did you order and what size(s) do you normally wear (so we can compare and figure out what happened) ?

It's ok but a little strange in sizeing...

Maybe I should blame the week in NYC... ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sstefanov

by sstefanov

Here is my take on the fit after two rides with the kit:

1. The bibs are superb. I ordered M and they fit nice and snug. May be a little bit tighter in the belly area than my other bibs (Assos T FI.Uno S5 size M), but nothing you feel while riding. Also the chamois is great.

2. The jersey I got is size S standard fit. It fits nice and snug, with just a little bit of loose fabric in the chest area while in the riding position. I do not see it as a problem, just an observation. The fabric feels nice to the skin.

3. The vest I got is size S, the only fit available. It fits nice and snug, may be a bit tight in the hips area, but nothing that worries me while riding. The issue with the vest is that it fits quite loose in the chest area while in the riding position. This might be a problem for somebody.

Generally I am very happy with the kit. It is unique, the design is superb and the issues I have are minor.

Once again Prend, many thanks for your efforts. Really appreciated.

Stefan

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Alright guys - I just got this e-mail a few minutes ago and will update the front page immediately...

SO, quick news: The shop is now back open on a rolling-order basis... and if you order by November 7th, you can get 15% OFF!!!
Use Coupon Code: Jakroo-BF15

...as for the shop being back open:
It will be open on a rolling basis w/o minimums.

How does this work?
Get your order in by the 7th (Pacific Standard Time, -8 GMT) of each month and it will get produced and delivered to you by the end of that same month. If however you order AFTER the 7th, you'll have to wait until the following month's 7th until the orders get processed. Does that make sense?

Anyway, sorry about the late notice of the coupon code. I literally got the e-mail from Jakroo a few minutes ago and dropped what I was doing (client work) to share this with you...

I'll update the front post immediately. Thanks.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

nismosr

by nismosr

still waiting on my kit ..
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Give Jakroo a call.

They were very helpfull when I called them.

Rob1519

by Rob1519

Jakroo responded to my email within a few hours. I was advised of a delay and order shipment planned around the 13th. I placed my order with seconds to spare so I'm not overly concerned.

nismosr

by nismosr

Rob1519 wrote:Jakroo responded to my email within a few hours. I was advised of a delay and order shipment planned around the 13th. I placed my order with seconds to spare so I'm not overly concerned.

I'm guessing I'll be getting mine at the same time as yours since I too order it the last minute on closing time.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

If anyone is looking to order an XS Slim Cut Jersey, I'm selling mine (used once). The listing is over in the For Sale section.

The fit was a little too snug for me, so I'm going with an S Slim (race) cut. This means I need to decrease the stress load a little bit and focus more on training... but I may never be able to win over my big ol' lungs. Thanks, genetics. :(

As for the shorts? I absolutely love them. While I only managed to get in a 30mi ride with these specifically, I'm really happy with how they turned out. In a few weeks I'll hope to get in a nice 120+ ride in to see how they fair for long distance riding.

EDIT: thanks to ghoundz for sharing sizing experience over pm
Last edited by prendrefeu on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gt5504b

by gt5504b

A few masters cross racing pics from this past weekend with the skinsuit.
I posted in the CX threads as I am very happy with it so far!

"I overheat easily so I may not be the best judge, but I just did a 9*C race in the rain without a base layer and was very comfortable, even unzipping a bit in the middle to cool down a bit. One note, the super stretchy fabric is a bitch to clean mud out of, requiring hand stain removal to keep the white looking pristine."

djconnel

by djconnel

Scientific study:

• two weeks ago climbs Old La Honda in control (Strava) jersey: 20:01
  • today climbed Old La Honda in first ride with new Weightweenies jersey: 19:14

Nice work!!!

The fit works really well for me. Most jerseys are too baggy in the gut. This one fits as well as any jersey I've worn.

PSM

by PSM

djconnel wrote:Scientific study:

• two weeks ago climbs Old La Honda in control (Strava) jersey: 20:01
  • today climbed Old La Honda in first ride with new Weightweenies jersey: 19:14

Nice work!!!

The fit works really well for me. Most jerseys are too baggy in the gut. This one fits as well as any jersey I've worn.

:lol: :thumbup:

astranoc

by astranoc

I got mine as well, many thanks to prend for the personal service!

The bib shorts are great but the sizing on the top is a bit weird but not a big deal. The sleeves are very long compared to all my other jerseys and it's a bit not tight enough around the belly.

fogflip

by fogflip

Are team used Jakroo for this season it is god awful. The fit is horrible! hopefully they fixed the sleeves as they where flapping around on all of us and the bibs come up to your nipples! Anything is better than jakroo!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Apparently it depends on what cut you get. The 'slim' cut has snug arms, the regular (race) cut, not so much.

I've heard mostly positive things about the fit prior to choosing Jakroo - the few negatives were the same things I've heard with every other mfg out there, just as the human body itself is diverse. Following the WW order I've heard positive fit comments as well, which is encouraging.

I'm sorry that you did not like your team's order, fogflip.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

fogflip wrote:Are team used Jakroo for this season it is god awful. The fit is horrible! hopefully they fixed the sleeves as they where flapping around on all of us and the bibs come up to your nipples! Anything is better than jakroo!

Pictures?