Campagnolo - still the bees knees?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

desperado95219

by desperado95219

I've got 4 bikes. I just retrofitted my newest to Campy SR (like two others) and have relegated the Dura Ace to my beater bike. Just my opinion.

kgt

by kgt

All groupsets work fine but in terms of design:
Campagnolo is being evolving gradually from generation to generation based on the same classic shape (like Porsche 911).
In contrast, every new Shimano generation is like a totally different product (for no serious reason IMHO).
Maybe Sram is too young to have a clear design strategy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lewis

by Lewis

I have used Shimano Ultegra on my road bike, then Campag on my current road bike, and SRAM on the MTB. I personally love the look of SRAM red. Also love durace and campag.

The SRAM shifter broke on my MTB and I since sold it.

Ultegra on the road bike worked excellently and looked nice. Felt smoother than campag and slipped less.

Campag Athena 11s is what I currently run. It took me ages to set it correctly and most of the time it changes well. It does sometimes slip though and seems a bit more 'cave man' like than the ultegra. I do like how it looks though and is still working well 1000's of miles on, albeit with the odd slippage here and there. I would like to try SRAM red at some point. One thing I will say Is campag hoods give much better control on the brake and feel better to me than my ultegra hoods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0