Garmin Out-in-front Mounts Ad Nauseum

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

griffith500

by griffith500

Quick update: Right after I posted the above the status changed to sent and I received an e-mail confirmation.

And today the mount was already in the mailbox. Installation was easy, it looks great and quality seems to be very good. 13g only for the mount.

Very happy now!

shuttlenote

by shuttlenote

F3 Mount Users: Anybody running a Go Pro front light setup that they like to share?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

shuttlenote wrote:F3 Mount Users: Anybody running a Go Pro front light setup that they like to share?

i had the go pro mount attached below with light. then my Garmin flew off on a bump road. the center screw was still attached and didn't seem stripped. so i mounted the Garmin mount when i got back to the house. doesn't seem like a sturdy way to hold the Garmin...as it rocks forward and backward quite a bit with the one screw. i think it really needs two. but back to your question...i didn't really care for the light mount...as it put the light too far forward. i like my light set back under the Garmin more...and reverted back to the regular handlebar mount that i originally had on it. the Garmin mount still rocks front to back when i press to start it. i may put the tether on it so i don't damage my Garmin the next time it flies off.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

rkan

by rkan

If one wants to mount a camera to a out front stem-mounted garmin mount.. I'd probably buy something like: https://www.topeak.com/global/en/produc ... sc-adapter It is too bad you cannot get the Phone-cases for other phones than iphones any longer.. A couple years back they made a few cases for other smartphones as well.

thommo

by thommo

i use the K-edge XL combo mount, good to swap the light or gopro in/out when needed

MichaelB

by MichaelB

@ Tillquist

I'm after some help please. I've had one of your Garmin mounts for some time now and love it, and still doing a great job.

It's to suit the older 3T ARX stem and I need to change from a -6 degree to a -10/-12 or -17 degree stem , but npow the 3T stems have the bolts very close together.

Do you know which stems are compatible with the 3T ARX spacing ? I'm looking at Kalloy UNO ultralight, Thompson, Easton EA90 as some options.

Any others that may fit the mount ?

Many thanks in advance

Hamfist

by Hamfist

Hoping someone can help....I recently installed a Shimano Pro aluminum stem, which has the reverse handlebar bolts. What's a good out-front solution? The stock Garmin out-front doesn't fit quite right as the handlebar clamp is too wide and extends into the aero portion of the Pro Vibe carbon aero handlebar. Does the K-Edge have a narrower handlebar clamp than the Garmin?

bomber

by bomber

@hamfist I have the same stem and bars. I tried k-edge and barfly and wahoo mount and nothing fits.

K-edge had a prototype mount at the tour but its not available yet. I've ended removing the stem for a number of reasons.
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Keen on this combo too. Image
Using Tapatalk

Hamfist

by Hamfist

Nefarious86 wrote:Keen on this combo too. Image

Velonews' coverage of Eurobike has a new Garmin mount for the Pro carbon aero bar that clamps around the handlebar, as opposed to using the stem bolts. I emailed K-Edige today and asked them an ETA for retail.

Hamfist

by Hamfist

bomber wrote:@hamfist I have the same stem and bars. I tried k-edge and barfly and wahoo mount and nothing fits.

K-edge had a prototype mount at the tour but its not available yet. I've ended removing the stem for a number of reasons.

Check out Velonews coverage of Eurobike. New K-Edge to fit Pro aero bars that uses a clamp.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Link?

Want Image
Using Tapatalk

Hamfist

by Hamfist

http://www.velonews.com/2017/08/bikes-and-tech/eurobike-2017-liveblog-thursday_446443
Nefarious86 wrote:Link?

Now that I think about it, I wonder if this is referring to the non-aero bar. If K-Edge replies to my question I'll post the response.

Hamfist

by Hamfist

Want Image

Yeah, no shiz.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hamfist

by Hamfist

Hamfist wrote:

Want Image

Yeah, no shiz.

K-Edge replied. It will be out in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk