Garmin Out-in-front Mounts Ad Nauseum

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

wannabefast

by wannabefast

[/quote]
I can confirm that the MOST iTiger mount works great on a Zipp stem. I posted a bit about it recently on Paceline...
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost ... stcount=10

Certainly not as elegant as the TIlquist ones from the good ole days, but I prefer it to the Zipp Quickview that they're releasing.
[/quote]

Oh, that's great to have confirmation from someone who's tried it. Can you confirm if there a possibility of a gopro style attachement underneath the MOST mount, for a light or similar?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

renoracing

by renoracing

It comes with a GoPro mount that screws into the bottom of the mount!

Konsi

by Konsi

As it seems that Tillquist mounts are out of business, does anyone know which mount would fit the FSA SL-K SCR Stem? I would prefer one with a fixed bolt distance, but I haven't been able to get a good measurement of the bolt distance on the stem (~26-29mm). If someone has tried it, I'd be happy to hear what works

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I picked up one of these mounts which is meant for the 2021 Giant TCR.

It is compatible for any stem with bolt holes between 23-30mm. Mine weighs 43g without the lower go pro attachment which is far more than the 28g claimed on the product page. The heft does make it very stable and it's also very adjustable. I have mine on a Kalloy UNO 7 stem.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/int/stem ... r-2021-tcr

wobbly

by wobbly

does anyone know of an outfront similar to the Giant design which will fit an FSA stem with 33-34mm bolt centres
That Giant mount would be perfect otherwise

ms6073

by ms6073

wobbly wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:47 am
does anyone know of an outfront similar to the Giant design which will fit an FSA stem with 33-34mm bolt centres
Although I have seen lower cost options on Amazon, how about the F3 Cycling's Form mount?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

wobbly

by wobbly

thanks ms - looks good :thumbup:

stanvr

by stanvr

iamraymond wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:21 pm
I picked up one of these mounts which is meant for the 2021 Giant TCR.

It is compatible for any stem with bolt holes between 23-30mm. Mine weighs 43g without the lower go pro attachment which is far more than the 28g claimed on the product page. The heft does make it very stable and it's also very adjustable. I have mine on a Kalloy UNO 7 stem.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/int/stem ... r-2021-tcr
Are you able to post a picture with that mounted on the Kalloy Uno? I'm searching for an option I find good (and cheap) enough, and this seems promising!

iamraymond

by iamraymond

stanvr wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:21 pm

Are you able to post a picture with that mounted on the Kalloy Uno? I'm searching for an option I find good (and cheap) enough, and this seems promising!
Here’s the exact Store I bought mine from

kppolich

by kppolich

Another zipp user here, i'll admit it's a bit too far out front and a bit beefy. I'd like to see someone 3D print a shorter solution that is also lighter.
Pics:
ImageImage[]Image]Image

current length

ideal length
Last edited by kppolich on Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kppolich

by kppolich

-Deleted- double post.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:56 am
Since K-edge never released this and tilquist stopped producing his option. I thought this solution was pretty much dead. However CCACHE has released their own version a while back.

https://ccache.cc/products/ccache-pro-v ... ount-short

Anyone know of a light option for the S-Works SL stems? I'm currently using the k-edge enve mount but it's massive at 50g (without the go-pro adapter) and is way too low.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Update on the Giant TCR Mount. You can flip the mount over and have the Wahoo/Garmin mounted a bit lower. You need to shave down the mount a bit with a file so that it clears the stem face plates.

In my opinion, it looks much better with the Wahoo mounted lower down and more in-line with the handlebar.

Also, it actually weighs 36g not 43g since I forgot to subtract the original M5 stem bolts..

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Ordered my Garmin 1030 mount yesterday from FramesandGear in Danmark. The HideMyBell I have now on my BMC is very instabel and shakes a lot on Dutch roads, and drives me crazy. It's also flalling down when riding on really bad roades or cobbles. The plastic construction is not stiff enough and between the plastic parts there is no friction to keep it in place. Hope the framesandgear.com constrution is firmer and stiffer.

https://framesandgear.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com