Garmin Out-in-front Mounts Ad Nauseum

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Hi, I just used a handlebar mount in the end.

joncoleman

by joncoleman

slake21 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:55 am
if anyone needs a 27mm edge mount for cheap, let me know. I have one that I don't use anymore.
On the off chance that you are like me and keep hold of all things cycling related even if you're never going to use them again, do you still have the 27mm edge mount?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slake21

by slake21

joncoleman wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:29 am
slake21 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:55 am
if anyone needs a 27mm edge mount for cheap, let me know. I have one that I don't use anymore.
On the off chance that you are like me and keep hold of all things cycling related even if you're never going to use them again, do you still have the 27mm edge mount?
sold it a while ago, sorry.

iamoutside

by iamoutside

Does anyone know the width of the clamp on the Garmin Universal Out Front Mount (Varia)? Trying to figure out if it would fit on my aero bars or if filling it down would be possible.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/521668

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Hi i have a zipp service corse sl stem and was interested in the Enve mount .. does anyone know if it will fit.

Alternativly does anyone have the bolt width for the enve mont handy?

Thanks

ms6073

by ms6073

What is the face plate bolt spacing on the Zipp SL stem? According to RaceWareDirect, that company specifies is 27mm spacing for the SRM Faceplate Mount for the Zipp Service Course SL stem, but my 2018 Enve road stem has a bolt spacing of ~2.2 cm.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

dolophonic

by dolophonic

ms6073 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:41 pm
What is the face plate bolt spacing on the Zipp SL stem? According to RaceWareDirect, that company specifies is 27mm spacing for the SRM Faceplate Mount for the Zipp Service Course SL stem, but my 2018 Enve road stem has a bolt spacing of ~2.2 cm.
Hi thanks for the reply.
i am measuring 27mm spacing on the faceplate bolts on the zipp stem. (Center to center.)
Maybe not a fit .. ?

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Anyone know of an out front mount for the Easton EC90 SL? The bolts are recessed so a generic one wont work i guess. Any advice?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

I thought Zipp made a mount for the Easton stems? Also, this was posted several pages back
one of these should work
Fetha
F3 Cycling
You also might want to post that question in the all-encompassing thread Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts thread.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Im going to check out that F3! Thanks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

wannabefast

by wannabefast

dolophonic wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:32 am
ms6073 wrote:
Hi thanks for the reply.
i am measuring 27mm spacing on the faceplate bolts on the zipp stem. (Center to center.)
Maybe not a fit .. ?
For anyone who's looking for a solution for the Zipp SC stems, I had looked into the same thing. The Enve mount will not work, as the spacing is 22mm, while the zipps are 27mm. However in my research, I did turn up that Pinarello's MOST component stems have the same 27mm spacing, and they do make a mount that I believe will work with the Zipp stem:
https://pinarello.com/en-us/most/accessories/itiger

Alternatively, Zipp now makes an out front mount that will definitely work: https://www.sram.com/en/zipp/models/ac-sc-cmfp-a1

I think the MOST mount looks more elegant, but the Zipp mount is guaranteed compatibility and have a gopro mount underneath for lights/gopro, etc. So depends on what's important to you...

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

wannabefast wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:32 pm
For anyone who's looking for a solution for the Zipp SC stems, I had looked into the same thing. The Enve mount will not work, as the spacing is 22mm, while the zipps are 27mm. However in my research, I did turn up that Pinarello's MOST component stems have the same 27mm spacing, and they do make a mount that I believe will work with the Zipp stem:

Alternatively, Zipp now makes an out front mount that will definitely work: https://www.sram.com/en/zipp/models/ac-sc-cmfp-a1

I think the MOST mount looks more elegant, but the Zipp mount is guaranteed compatibility and have a gopro mount underneath for lights/gopro, etc. So depends on what's important to you...
I actually bought and am using the Zipp SC stem mount on my 3T now. It is a very neat looking solution and the adjustable angle makes it a breeze to get it just right. However, it is on the beefy side at ~82g.

I was using a plastic garmin handlebar mount that had the varia headlight attachment (I use the gopro point on it now for my headlight). Between the mount, the headlight adapter, rubber insert, and removing the weight of the old faceplate, it was a net loss of only 8g.

It did free up handlebar space and looks WAY better, so it's worth it in my opinion.

Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

roox

by roox

OG-evkin direct carbon mount 25 grams including hardware (without the alloy light mount). Looks a bit silly with a garmin 130 plus on it, but would look pretty great with a larger head unit.

fbonde

by fbonde

Does anyone have experience with alternatives (maybe photos) of Out-in-front Mounts for wahoo and the regular Enve road stem? I think the enve mounts are pointing to much up-right to my liking, unfortunately. And with the aero handlebar on, not much options for the "regular" mounting.

I have the one from K-edge/enve on right now.
insta: @fbonde

renoracing

by renoracing

wannabefast wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:32 pm
dolophonic wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:32 am
ms6073 wrote:
Hi thanks for the reply.
Maybe not a fit .. ?

I can confirm that the MOST iTiger mount works great on a Zipp stem. I posted a bit about it recently on Paceline...
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost ... stcount=10

Certainly not as elegant as the TIlquist ones from the good ole days, but I prefer it to the Zipp Quickview that they're releasing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com