The NEW Weight Weenie Kit Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Clothing manufacturers

Louis Garneau
40
51%
Pactimo
8
10%
Champion System
31
39%
 
Total votes: 79

User avatar
PSM
Posts: 1570
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:45 pm
Location: Stockholm, The Arctic...

by PSM

I am out.

Renatita81
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:20 pm

by Renatita81

I'm out as well this is taking too long!!!

by Weenie


User avatar
djconnel
Posts: 7926
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

by djconnel

With the endless stream of criticism from all sides, it doesn't surprise me if Szczuldo loses motivation. Seriously, people here act like spoiled brats.

BTW, plenty of contributors to this thread have not, for example those volunteering to help and submitting design suggestions.

User avatar
Liggero
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:49 pm
Location: Netherlands

by Liggero

I think somebody should make a pool with the several design options, as pren described. Then we can vote and compromise on buying a certain amount, to have an initial order. Decide a manufacturer and make the order. Who makes the pool and put together all the designs?
Happy Trails !!!

mdeth1313
Moderator
Posts: 2094
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:38 am
Location: Dutchess County, NY

by mdeth1313

djconnel wrote:With the endless stream of criticism from all sides, it doesn't surprise me if Szczuldo loses motivation. Seriously, people here act like spoiled brats.

BTW, plenty of contributors to this thread have not, for example those volunteering to help and submitting design suggestions.



Kind of reminds me of how my 25th high school reunion was destroyed.
Speedplay is the devil!

KvnP
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere out there..

by KvnP

I say someone just make the verdict and open up an order.

I still want my kit ! :twisted:
Parlee Z3c
Independent Fabrication SSR // 953
Independent Fabrication Planet X
Knolly Chilcotin

User avatar
Liggero
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:49 pm
Location: Netherlands

by Liggero

Who's gonna open the poll to decide the design?
Happy Trails !!!

legsrburnin
Moderator
Posts: 682
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: Australia

by legsrburnin

I'd like a kit, but is anyone still working on this?
Lefty heaven

User avatar
Rick
Posts: 2021
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:30 pm

by Rick

I'm out!
Oh, wait....I was never in.

So I am IN.
...so that I can declare I am out!

I think that maybe if a WW kit were available, I would buy one. But I am not interested in haggling over color schemes, and waiting. Maybe a lot of people feel that way. Maybe whoever is the sponsor of the forum could set up a kit buy. But I know from past experience on similar schemes that there will never be a clear consenseless of opinion on exactly what to do from the inmates of the asylum.

Razor
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:23 pm

by Razor

Rick wrote:I'm out!
Oh, wait....I was never in.

So I am IN.
...so that I can declare I am out!

I think that maybe if a WW kit were available, I would buy one. But I am not interested in haggling over color schemes, and waiting. Maybe a lot of people feel that way. Maybe whoever is the sponsor of the forum could set up a kit buy. But I know from past experience on similar schemes that there will never be a clear consenseless of opinion on exactly what to do from the inmates of the asylum.


So true. Maybe a smaller item like socks or gloves would be better, less dependent on design/color perfection.

User avatar
Liggero
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:49 pm
Location: Netherlands

by Liggero

Opening a pool for choosing the new design would be a nice beginning.
Happy Trails !!!

jordo99
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:48 pm

by jordo99

I'm still going to be interested when this is finalized. I just hope I happen to check this thread again during the time the kits are available.

KWalker
Posts: 5845
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Location: Bay Area

by KWalker

Someone needs to just take ownership, finalize the design, find a manufacturer and post up when its done. Its a kit, it doesn't have to be this complicated. It doesn't have to be perfect it just has to fit and look decent. This isn't Project Runway.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

User avatar
MOTOMATT
Shop Owner
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:18 pm
Contact:

by MOTOMATT

jordo99 wrote:I'm still going to be interested when this is finalized. I just hope I happen to check this thread again during the time the kits are available.

Me too :D

by Weenie


User avatar
53x12
Posts: 3762
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am
Location: On the bike

by 53x12

Use Rapha for the kit and I'm sure the interest will increase on WW. :mrgreen:


On a serious note, I am in for the kit. I'm not picky about the particulars. Pick a kit that is price competitive. Use the WW logo. Use the WW theme colors. Don't make it too busy. Done.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post