London - plea to borrow/rent a turbo for the next 3 days

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Privateer

by Privateer

I have a friend who's in London (Tooting) from now until Wednesday (27th). He's desperately training to get in shape for the Paris-Roubaix challenge.

Unfortunately the freakish snow in the UK is preventing him from getting out on the road.

Does anyone have a turbo trainer they can lend/rent him?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Needed for 3 days really? Is that really going to make a difference?
I do hope someone close to you can lend it to him but I don't think it will matter that much.
You know what happens when you cram for a test right?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Privateer

by Privateer

Ordinarily I'd agree with you that three days won't make much of a difference.

In this case though, he is very new to cycling and is making rapid progress. In the context of his limited training history I do think that these three days will make a difference.

(oh, and cramming always worked for me :thumbup: )

ticou

by ticou

I've rather enjoyed that fresh faced feeling of taking me clodhopper out in the snowdrifts;short and frequent is the byword.

sungod

by sungod

he should get out and ride, i'm in london, it's snowing lightly but not settling

just back from doing some laps around the park on my shiny bike, shifting was a bit iffy, when i got home i discovered the rear of the bike was sheathed in ice, under the downtube the bare cables had 6-7mm of ice on them, spokes encased in ice, brakes iced, rear mech just a block of ice, icicles on the big sprockets

but the roads themselves aren't icy, perfectly rideable and traffic is lighter so it's better than usual in some respects

bonus was the ice made it easy to clean, just sprayed it with the hose and all the cack came off with the lumps of ice, excellent!