probikekit.com

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

AJS914

by AJS914

When I used or order from Ribble and they used Royal Mail / ParcelForce, stuff would get to California in 4 or 5 days.

I've had one order from the UK that took a couple of weeks. This is the price one pays for doing international mail order to save a buck.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nismosr

by nismosr

These parts came in today after a week from Probikekit, never had a problem with them

2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Orbital

by Orbital

Hey everyone,
Long time lurker, finally encountered something worth creating an account and wading into these forums, for better or worse.

This is mainly for Canadian users. I placed 2 separate orders to keep the dollar amount under $200 and avoid duty’s and taxes. However I have received 2 emails from ezclear.ca asking for brokerage fees as well as duty and taxes. All of which should not be collected on orders so small. Google is pretty much telling me they are legit. But I just received 2 orders from Chainreaction recently without any additional third party emails. I’m effectively being held ransom until I pay these fees. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m asking here because cycling is really the only thing I order from overseas for. Everything else comes from my friends to the south and I just ship to a P.O. box and pick up myself to being into Canada.

TonyM

by TonyM

I ordered a few times stuff from them to Canada and paid the GST as usual. Plus the brokerage fee of Canada Post ($10). I never received any email from 3rd parties for brokerage fees and/ or duties.

ctn

by ctn

This just happened to me too. Never before with my previous purchases. Just paid the brokerage and duties end of last week and received a notice that the parcel is at the post office for pickup today. Total cost was under $200.

FredSavageyxd

by FredSavageyxd

TonyM wrote:I ordered a few times stuff from them to Canada and paid the GST as usual. Plus the brokerage fee of Canada Post ($10). I never received any email from 3rd parties for brokerage fees and/ or duties.
I have ordered from them in the past too, a few times. Including a wheelset. Wheelset was obviously over the $200 threshold so I was charged duty/tax from Canada post. As expected. What is troubling is that there’s is brokerage attached to this and from what I’ve read googling this, it will arrive by Post anyhow. So how is this third party coming into possession of my packages between whoever Probikekit shipped with and Canada Post delivering my items?

Orbital

by Orbital

FredSavageyxd wrote:
TonyM wrote:I ordered a few times stuff from them to Canada and paid the GST as usual. Plus the brokerage fee of Canada Post ($10). I never received any email from 3rd parties for brokerage fees and/ or duties.
I have ordered from them in the past too, a few times. Including a wheelset. Wheelset was obviously over the $200 threshold so I was charged duty/tax from Canada post. As expected. What is troubling is that there’s is brokerage attached to this and from what I’ve read googling this, it will arrive by Post anyhow. So how is this third party coming into possession of my packages between whoever Probikekit shipped with and Canada Post delivering my items?

Ah, this was me, I guess I had made a previous log in and my phone was smarter than I was at remembering it.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Be careful, this appears to be a semi-scam. A few reviews and some more information. The consensus is not to pay them.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/ezclear.ca
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Orbital

by Orbital

Yes I read that too. Troubling for sure.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

aliexpress is a great place to buy shimano part for cheap. you never get hit with duty either

robertbb

by robertbb

waltthizzney wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 am
aliexpress is a great place to buy shimano part for cheap. you never get hit with duty either
Genuine? Full parts (e.g. shifters, derailleurs, brakes, cranks, etc.)? Or smaller things that are replaceable?

TonyM

by TonyM

robertbb wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 pm
waltthizzney wrote:
Genuine? Full parts (e.g. shifters, derailleurs, brakes, cranks, etc.)? Or smaller things that are replaceable?
Aliexpress has the best prices indeed :wink: - authenticity/ genuine is of course something different :mrgreen:
Nobody buy there for that..... :mrgreen:

robertbb

by robertbb

TonyM wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 pm
robertbb wrote:
waltthizzney wrote:
Aliexpress has the best prices indeed :wink: - authenticity/ genuine is of course something different :mrgreen:
Would have thought it's hard to fake a Shimano part...?

Orbital

by Orbital

A quick message to Probikekit and they advised they have been trialing a different shipping method and had been receiving similar complaints. They advised to contact ezclear.ca and just decline the fees and have them send my parcels back. Ezclear was actually very nice on the phone and had no issue with my request. I’ll reorder when I see my refund.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

robertbb wrote:
TonyM wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 pm
robertbb wrote:
waltthizzney wrote:
Would have thought it's hard to fake a Shimano part...?
Not difficult to put a Shimano sticker on parts - or sell parts which did not pass the quality control etc....