Where to find all white cycling socks?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Vagabond

by Vagabond

cmdr199212 wrote:DeFeet, fantastic socks!

Yup. And a great company to boot! They're one of the few clothing companies in the US to still be home grown made in the USA. I'd support them just for that reason. The fact they make awesome socks for endurance athletes is just that much better.
Colnago e Campagnolo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

Yeah but they're called DeFeet.

Bit cringe.

misiek

by misiek

You can go for NOLOGO cycling socks.
I have two pairs - they are 100% eu made and really good quality.
Last edited by misiek on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

For me the real question is where do I find white socks that are crew cut or no more than 1" tall? Love the assos, but can't find them in my size recently.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

dgasmd wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:31 pm
For me the real question is where do I find white socks that are crew cut or no more than 1" tall? Love the assos, but can't find them in my size recently.
Swiftwick Aspire 1”. They make a version with no logos on the cuff so that US military folks can use them. They have normal logos on the toe line, but you won’t see them when your shoes are on.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I believe they are just called “socks”. Cycling socks are just athletic socks that are a size small and of a certain height between running socks and dress socks. Try Wigwam running socks. They never die. https://www.wigwam.com/products/p-cool- ... uctid=2458

misiek

by misiek

Now after riding in multiple conditions that are certainly not friendly for white socks (rain, dust) AND after treating them with bleach, I can confirm that white nologo socks I mentioned before are just awesome. Seems to be bulletproof, does not shrink and are very comfy and airy. They dry super qucik too. I can recommend them without any doubt.

Wookski

by Wookski

jfranci3 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:57 am
I believe they are just called “socks”. Cycling socks are just athletic socks that are a size small and of a certain height between running socks and dress socks. Try Wigwam running socks. They never die. https://www.wigwam.com/products/p-cool- ... uctid=2458
Cushioned soles make for terrible cycling socks. You want as thin as possible with max compression to prevent hot spots/ friction.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Wookski wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:35 pm
jfranci3 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:57 am
Cushioned soles make for terrible cycling socks. You want as thin as possible with max compression to prevent hot spots/ friction.
The only reason one should be buying 'cycling socks is because they either match something or to make your online order big enough for free shipping.
Defeet makes plain 'cycling' specific socks https://amzn.to/2NcsCbe

Do people get hot spots anymore?All the shoes are infintely stiff as is. I can't imagine you'd get hotspots unless your cleat bolts are too long, you've got your shoes unneccessarily tight, or your sock is balling up. I'm using Speedplay Frogs on shoes with flexy toes with Smartwool merino dress socks on cooler days. That's got to be the worst case scenario currently.

micky

by micky

I recently got 3 pairs of Fingers Crossed socks and they are not bad but surely not the most comfortable ones.
MB Wear is one step above but sadly they are stopping with the "no logo" products and they are going for printed logo on socks.

flying

by flying

micky wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:29 am
I recently got 3 pairs of Fingers Crossed socks and they are not bad but surely not the most comfortable ones.
MB Wear is one step above but sadly they are stopping with the "no logo" products and they are going for printed logo on socks.

Good to know & think I will pass then on the fingers crossed.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

I just wear Nike socks. I'll switch to wool socks when the weather turns cooler
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com