Winter bibs with legwarmers

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Max Gravity

by Max Gravity

Got a pair of Pearl Izumi bib-shorts and one thing is certain US rider must be enormously fat!
2XL was really tight in the elastic and from there they just funneled up to being the widest pant I've
ever seen, seriously.
Normally I use 3XL in Santini or VGL in Assos and they are tight fit all over.
They were not in "Roubaix" anyway, some other heavier and not so pleasant to touch material.
Assos on the way.
Max Gravity, unfairly treated by gravity!

sanrensho

by sanrensho

Are the Dhb bottoms true to Euro sizing? I wear Castelli/Capo S, so is the Dhb sizing similar?

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tinchy

by tinchy

Got a pair of Pearl Izumi bib-shorts and one thing is certain US rider must be enormously fat!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps instead of cafe stops americans head to macdonalds for supersize burgers?

boolinwall

by boolinwall

If you're used to Etxe-ondo and Assos sizing, you'll find the north american stuff to be a whole lot different in terms of sizing.lol
Funny though, I find Castelli to fit more like north american stuff. Maybe it's just me though.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

sanrensho wrote:Are the Dhb bottoms true to Euro sizing? I wear Castelli/Capo S, so is the Dhb sizing similar?

Thanks.

I have some Castelli Free and Velocissimo bibs in M, and I also have the DHB Pace Roubaix shorts in a M and S.

I would say that, for overall fit, the DHB M come up a little bigger than the Castelli M, and the S are a smidge smaller.

The leg length of the M sizes is about the same. The DHB S legs are shorter.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

otoman

by otoman

YES.

I almost never use my bib tights anymore with the combination of thermal bibs and leg warmers. That combination is much more flexible and comfortable, yet still warm down to subfreezing temps. Bib tights always feel so restrictive to me. I use Specialized and Assos leg warmers, have a variety of knee warmers including Castelli Nanoflex, Pearl Izumi, etc. No real preference. I have found the bibs to be a bit more variable. A Louis Garneau pair is my favorite - nicely compressive, warm, sheds water a bit, yet flexible stretchy fabric. A Capo pair and a Castelli Claudio pair are both equal in my eyes: warm but less stretchy fabric than the LG bibs.

I'm a big fan of that combo for winter riding. :thumbup:
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

Max Gravity

by Max Gravity

Castelli Claudio seems to be discontinued with no replacement.
Max Gravity, unfairly treated by gravity!

ayrej2

by ayrej2

I've got the rapha deep winter tights which you wear over your normal bibshorts. They're absolutely roasting. I can only wear them when it get's below 5 degrees C, otherwise it's bibs with legwarmers.

For me, I find it's most important to keep my top half and extremities warm. I don't mind cold legs but hate cold ears/fingers/toes.