DI2 timing

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:54 pm
Location: London

by canbakay

Hi all,

I'm considering di2 (at a good price) and have a DA chainset, chain, cassette lying around as well.
Having said that, i'm trying to figure out if I should wait for the 9000 di2 (which is a bit away and will cost much more in my case) or go through with the current di2.

I'd appreciate your thought!


by Weenie

Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:43 pm
Location: Canada

by crohnsy

I would probably wait for di2 9100 or whatever the next model will be after 9000.

If you keep waiting for the next best and greatest you'll never buy anything.....

Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:37 pm

by xjbaylor

If there is a deficiency that you see in the current Di2 I would say wait. Also, if you know you will feel disappointed owning the current model when the new model comes out, you should wait. Finally, if you want to buy the current model once the new model pushes the prices down a little, I would recommend that you wait.

However, if the current Di2 fits your needs, and owning the latest and greatest doesn't do anything for you, then go ahead and buy now and enjoy.

Post Reply