Tour de france 2012 predictions

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Wiggins has yet to show any real attacks in the mountains. He's kinda like Indurain. Kill them in the TT and follow in the mountains.
This might be his year but if you have someone that can climb really well and TT well then he would not win.Maybe hes saving his attacks for the tour but he has not convinced me yet.

Schleck can climb but no TT.
Evans can climb and TT but not the best at both disciplines.
Nibali can climb but has average TT.

In this years tour there no one that has previously shown that they can climb and attack with the best and TT.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Willier wrote:A while ago I said:

Now that Andy is out, I will go with Horner

Wow that is a bold prediction.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

stella-azzurra wrote:
Willier wrote:A while ago I said:
Now that Andy is out, I will go with Horner

Wow that is a bold prediction.

Bold, but not daft. I will be having a small wager on Horner as well. And from a personal perspective, would love to see him win it.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Horner might be an 80:1 shot.

mjduct

by mjduct

as much as I hate to say it, Horner couldn't pull out a win gifted to him by an amazing TTT at Tirreno-Adriatico... With many more strong supported GC riders in le Tour, I don't think he has a chance...

konky

by konky

I don't think you need to attack on the climbs to win a TDF but that depends on the competition. Frank Schleck if on form is probably the only person who can do a Contador style attack but I don't think he'll be up to it this year. Anyway he lacks consistancy and can't TT. Wiggins never attacks on the climbs but he can keep up. He won't lose loads on the climbs partly because there is no Contador style climber this year to blow him away. He's very consistant and with his TT ability he should be in Paris with the Yellow jersey on his back. Only a crash or illness will stop him.

The Italians have disappointed this year and the Schlecks are out of it. Wiggins will be able to follow Evans and will gain on the TTs.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

21.6.12 (stating the date because...)

Has Astana announced their selection yet?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Garmin's selection looks quite strong to support Ryder.

Tom Danielson
Tyler Farrar
Ryder Hesjedal
Robbie Hunter
Dan Martin
David Millar
Christian Vande Velde
Johan Vansummeren
David Zabriskie

CVV, Danielson and Martin should be great help pacing Ryder in the mountains.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

prendrefeu wrote:Has Astana announced their selection yet?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brajkov ... -de-france" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Astana team for Tour de France: Alexandre Vinokurov (Kaz), Jani Brajkovic (Slo), Borut Bozic (Slo), Dmitry Fofonov (Kaz), Andriy Grivko (Ukr), Maxim Iglinskiy (Kaz), Andrey Kashechkin (Kaz), Fredrik Kessiakoff (Swe), Robert Kiserlovski (Cro)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Thanks tony. :thumbup:
I must have missed it!

I'll place a "non-favourite-darkhorse" label on Vinokourov and Brajkovic, the latter being the stronger GC podium spot if the two parlay off each other.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Are we up for a super exciting Tour? The climbers will be forced to attack even more than usual, because they will lose more than normal in the TTs.

sawyer

by sawyer

stella-azzurra wrote:Wiggins has yet to show any real attacks in the mountains. He's kinda like Indurain. Kill them in the TT and follow in the mountains.
This might be his year but if you have someone that can climb really well and TT well then he would not win.Maybe hes saving his attacks for the tour but he has not convinced me yet.

Schleck can climb but no TT.
Evans can climb and TT but not the best at both disciplines.
Nibali can climb but has average TT.

In this years tour there no one that has previously shown that they can climb and attack with the best and TT.

So who do you think will win??

Edit: saw your first post. Evans ... I agree.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I already stated my position in my first post. I'm just answering to other peoples posts.
I'm not a politician so I stand by my position and fully support it.
I believe in my position and Evans is the man.

Unless he crashes then my position will be with the next best man to represent my position :lol:

mjduct

by mjduct

Cavendish wins the Prologue!

think about it, who else is as good at to cranking out 500 watts for 6k then cranking out 1200 in the last 500m? not to mentio the little elf is Aero and has won similar events in the past.

Hoogerland wins the polka dot jersey

The guy should win a big fat medal for finishing the tour last year after being hit by a FRENCH news vehicle, I think KOM is the only chance he has at notoriety, so what the hell I'll give it to him!

Farrar Gets skunked

ok so thats not very bold...

JENS VOIGT WILL SOLO TO A VICTORY IN HIS FINAL TdF and retire on top!!!!

there I said it...

now SHUT UP LEGS!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

record

by record

Frank Schleck
Bradley Wiggins
Cadel Evans

it's my top 3, altough in no particular order.

Nibali will be 4th or 5th

Rolland 5th or 6th

And as a black horse I would go with Vande Velde.
A light bike does replace good fitness.