Page 4 of 4

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:21 pm
by nathanong87
im about to sue all the people who have times faster than me on segments and everyone who has taken a KOM from me for emotional damages.

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:51 am
by Tinea Pedis
Frans wrote:Has Guiness ever been sued? What about all the folks who went over the falls in a barrel who didn't make it?

Has me laughing more than it really should :lol:

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:38 am
by BobSantini
Plainly society is to blame. We should all carry insurance against "acts of society". Of course we need a social indemnity tax to pay for it.
Only rich people should pay the tax of course because poor people are the natural victims of society.

Should mention this to Obama. There's a huge untapped resource of non-voters amongst the bogans. It's not too late to make the platform.

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:47 am
by kgt
If you ask me the relatives should better spend their money on a good therapist in order to try to recover psychologically and not on courts and lawyers.

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm
by tinchy
Its always someone elses fault isnt it.

If strava told the guy to ride over a cliff would he have done it?

Would the family then blame strava for his death at bottom of said cliff?

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm
by Butcher
sugarkane wrote:Why do Americans always try to sue somebody when they do something stupid?


This guy is not sueing anyone, he is dead. It's the family that is sueing.

They sue because they can win [or settle out of court]. Money motivates most americans [including myself] and it is easier to sue and win than to work hard and save [my prefered plan].

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:17 pm
by prendrefeu
kgt wrote:If you ask me the relatives should better spend their money on a good therapist in order to try to recover psychologically and not on courts and lawyers.


Ah, but you see, Therapists cost money - and where do you get that money? From the "pain and suffering" "caused" by Strava. :roll:

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:07 pm
by rustychain
I just recieved an email from Strava. I lost my KOM! I didn't know I was ever a KOM so I checked it out. Turns out I had the record time from my house to the Starbucks :shock:

Wow, I had no idea. I'm unsure how I can recover my one and only KOM before I get to Starbucks :noidea:

I now see how dangerous this app can be :beerchug:

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:34 pm
by roca rule
If strava loses the case then I shall sure for my separated shoulder as well. I do not get this law suit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:38 am
by CerveloBert
Butcher wrote:
sugarkane wrote:Why do Americans always try to sue somebody when they do something stupid?


This guy is not sueing anyone, he is dead. It's the family that is sueing.

They sue because they can win [or settle out of court]. Money motivates most americans [including myself] and it is easier to sue and win than to work hard and save [my prefered plan].


I think that's the definitive post.

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 pm
by dmp
rustychain wrote:I just recieved an email from Strava. I lost my KOM! I didn't know I was ever a KOM so I checked it out. Turns out I had the record time from my house to the Starbucks :shock:

Wow, I had no idea. I'm unsure how I can recover my one and only KOM before I get to Starbucks :noidea:

:

Answer- you need more caffeine. Drink the coffee before you leave the house.

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:37 pm
by spud
This suit is tantamount to the family saying that
1) they did not approve of his interest in cycling
2) they thought he was a fool who couldn't make decisions for himself

This guy died doing what he loved (riding a bike and pushing himself), and that bothers them. And now they are pissing on his grave.

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:26 am
by BobSantini
^^ no it's not.

Re: Did Strava Kill This Rider?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:30 pm
by 53x12
rustychain wrote:I just recieved an email from Strava. I lost my KOM! I didn't know I was ever a KOM so I checked it out. Turns out I had the record time from my house to the Starbucks :shock:

Wow, I had no idea. I'm unsure how I can recover my one and only KOM before I get to Starbucks :noidea:

I now see how dangerous this app can be :beerchug:



Just hop in your car and beat the time on your way to work. You won't even break a sweat. :mrgreen: