USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

tranzformer
Posts: 875
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:36 pm

by tranzformer

rico wrote:That's great. Thanks for proving how cool you are.



Not sure what you are trying to say by your comment. Seems a little odd that you gloss over all the other doping in cycling, but LA was the last straw on the camel's back? I just don't get it. "He said 'Lance is on it'. I said if he's on it the sport is over for me. And he was. Screw you Lance." Obviously you are making a poor example to make a point. There are plenty of dopers prior to LA and after that you could have used to quite on the sport. Why LA? Let me guess, you really thought he was clean and are now completely shocked and feel like he lied to you?

by Weenie


tonytourist
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:13 am
Location: 93306

by tonytourist

tymon_tm wrote:
oh, and one more thing, where is this devil Lance chasing his mates with bags of blood and forcing them to dope or else...?


It was all Johan! He made them do it! :unbelievable:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/usada-b ... ams-doping
"The group retired to Barry’s apartment where both David and Barry were injected with EPO by Dr. del Moral. Thus began a new stage in David Zabriskie’s cycling career – the doping stage. Cycling was no longer David’s refuge from drugs. When he went back to his room that night he cried.”

Poor Zabriskie :roll:

Mr.Gib
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Mr.Gib
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

Can't find it now but someone posted mocking the evidence and challenging the assertion that Armstrong pressured other riders into doping. Something along the lines of "where is the evidence of the evil Armstrong chasing riders with bags of blood?" The coward probably deleted it before I could quote.

Well how about here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/sport ... wanted=all
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Mr.Gib
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

Found this comment on the National Post website. Pretty much tells you all you need to know about the average Joe. And it's a Canadian publication - damn:

Testimonies? Anyone can lie for a price...How do we know Tygart and his pals didn't find some money somewhere to get these people to lie (they weren't under oath). The bottom line is this: there is NO proof from any of the drug tests and Armstrong was the most drug tested athlete in HISTORY. No proof. None. Just "testimonies" which are not under oath. WHo cares if Armstrong was arrogant and full of himself. He never failed a single drug test. Case closed.

If UCI bends its knee to USADA over some jealous teammate "testimonies" and strips Armstrong of his titles, I will be sick at what "justice" has become and cycling, not to mention sport in general will be forever harmed ...Innocent until proven guilty apparently doesn't appear to apply...it's innocent until accused apparently.

Some people just HAVE TO BELIEVE in Armstrong's wrong doing, despite the overwhelming lack of evidence.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

OJ
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:25 pm
Location: Winterpeg

by OJ

HammerTime2 wrote:Can people now apply for refunds for their Trek Madones, as they were purchased under false pretenses?

Can I get a refund on my planned purchase? Trek dealer is down the street from me and causing anxiety every time I see a Trek logo now so can I get compensation on that one too?

Some people will never believe that Lance, and other professionals doped, but whatever....I don't really even care anymore. Old fart like me doesn't really need idols or motivation other than the fatty dude staring back at me in the mirror.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

milroy
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:37 am

by milroy

Ghost234 wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else find it funny how most of the riders confessing all seem to admit to riding clean since 2006? Maybe a coincidence that it happened the year Armstrong retired?




Yes is was wondering about that. Is there a statue of limitations that would apply?

User avatar
swinter
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:27 am
Location: Grosse Pointe, MI

by swinter

OJ wrote:
HammerTime2 wrote:Can people now apply for refunds for their Trek Madones, as they were purchased under false pretenses?

Can I get a refund on my planned purchase? Trek dealer is down the street from me and causing anxiety every time I see a Trek logo now so can I get compensation on that one too?

Definitely a case of intentional infliction of emotional distress. Yes, you are a victim. :wink:

Mr.Gib wrote:Well how about here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... wanted=

This updated version of Juliet Macur's article (presumedly for the front page of tomorrow's NY Times) is particularly good. :thumbup:

But this has to be the best bit:

Zabriskie . . . recalled serenading Johan Bruyneel, the longtime team manager, with a song about EPO, to the tune of Jimi Hendrix’s “Purple Haze.”

“EPO all in my veins; Lately things just don’t seem the same; Actin’ funny, but I don’t know why; ’Scuse me while I pass this guy.”
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

User avatar
HammerTime2
Posts: 5428
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

milroy wrote:
Ghost234 wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else find it funny how most of the riders confessing all seem to admit to riding clean since 2006? Maybe a coincidence that it happened the year Armstrong retired?

Yes is was wondering about that. Is there a statue of limitations that would apply?

HammerTime2 wrote:Regarding Levi Leipheimer's affadavit:
... It's also interesting to note, that Leipheimer admitted (p. 11) to doping in the 2007 TdF in which he placed 3rd. Does he get to keep that podium finish? And this was after what some poster here said was the 2006 ending date for admitted doping.
O.k., Ghost234 did say most, not all of the riders (I didn't find his quote at the time of my posting).

User avatar
majklnajt
Posts: 3698
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Lenart, Slovenia EUROPE

by majklnajt

tonytourist wrote:Poor Zabriskie :roll:

They were all handcuffed to a radiator and injected with EPO and other stuff. Of course they were resisting to it.
And they were all forced to play happy while winning races and receiving money for it. They all threw the prize-money into the river after the ceremony.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, they couldnt see themselves into the mirror. I really wonder if they can do it now...

User avatar
majklnajt
Posts: 3698
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Lenart, Slovenia EUROPE

by majklnajt

US Postal/Discovery team was the ONLY team that was doping!!!!!! All other teams were riding clean or doping a LOT LESS.

Omega Pharma also distancing from Leipheimer because they are against doping. From which year on are they against it? :D
Hasnt Museeuw rode for them....? :D

Colonia
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 am

by Colonia

artray wrote:He did have cancer and it was not magic, but the great work being done by Drs etc etc to help beat cancer
You should not belittle such a fight against a real threat to life .


I didn't belittle it. I just don't care about his battle with cancer. He later used his illness as a shield behind which he could do whatever he wanted from a PR perspective, and it worked wonderfully. Politicians do this stuff, too, as do most narcissists. And the gullible fall for it. Many people are cancer survivors; does that excuse what he did?

artray wrote:If nobody should benefit from Illegal acts in cycling then you would not have any cycling . Think about it.

This makes no sense whatsoever. You sure this is not an Ali-G line? :lol:

artray wrote: Armstrong would have still been relevant without his return to cycling because of his athletic profile and the fact he his well . If he was a mediocre rider and tour winner, what does that say about the riders he beat.

That they didn't have his doping program? Who knows? What is your point?
artray wrote:Name me a rider who he beat who is not tarnished with doping allegations ? are they all mediocre riders ? If not how come they could not beat Armstrong even though they were doping as well? Most of his rival teams also had a doping program.

Again, impossible to say. What is known is that US Postal and Armstrong ran the most comprehensive and complex doping operation in cycling. That would seem to provide a clear advantage. But again, you stray from the facts -- the reason Armstrong is being punished more harshly than others, is that he still insists he did not dope. Even you seem to think he did dope, so I am having trouble understanding what your point is.
Last edited by Colonia on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

hansonator69
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:23 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

by hansonator69

majklnajt wrote:Omega Pharma also distancing from Leipheimer because they are against doping. From which year on are they against it? :D
Hasnt Museeuw rode for them....? :D

This is a bit precious considering they are sponsored by a pharmaceutical company.

Anyways, I'm glad this is done. Pro cycling existed before Lance Armstrong and co, and will keep on existing after Lance Armstrong and co.
Slam your stem.

maquisard
Posts: 1818
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: France

by maquisard

hansonator69 wrote:Pro cycling existed before Lance Armstrong and co, and will keep on existing after Lance Armstrong and co.


Shouldn't that read... "doping in Pro cycling existed before Lance Armstrong and co, and will keep on existing after Lance Armstrong and co."

hansonator69
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:23 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

by hansonator69

Yes, yes it should. Let's hope more cheats are caught in a shorter time span than what this case has dragged on to be.
Slam your stem.

by Weenie


Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post