USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Mr.Gib wrote:A few points:

As to this being a waste of money I am not so sure. Certainly much more money has been spent on far more questionable pursuits. If the evidence is good it must be prosecuted. It has nothing to do with finding out if Armstrong doped - that he did is simply common knowledge. It has to do with seeing justice done and not leaving our sport with the impression that you can get away with cheating. "Convicting" Armstrong is essential if cycling is ever to be perceived as clean.

As to the lack of fairness - Armstrong being singled out, sometimes resources (not just money, but manpower and time) dictate that you just go after the most important and most symbolic target.

As for those with concerns about Hamilton and Landis, how will you feel when big George tells the exact same story?

Here's my quote from page two.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

swinter

by swinter

Once again, Mr.Gib got it right. :smartass:
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Rick wrote:
The stupid thing about this whole saga is that even if he is given a fair and completely transparent trial, if he is found completely innocent, people are still going to accuse him for years to come. That alone for me means that this whole process is pointless and should not be pursued. Cycling as a sport would be better off just moving on and ignoring him.

:thumbup:
That summarizes it.

All the speculation and blather....he said ....she saw....blah, blah, blah....
IT'S ALL OVER. (or at least it should be)
Lance took all the tests. Nothing came up positive. No evidence ==> witch hunt.
At this point, some people will never be convinced that he is either guilty or innocent. Further "investigations" are a waste of time and money and are serving ONLY the personal and political agendas of some of the investigators involved.

But there is never any shortage of inbred hillbillies with torches and pitchforks. :P

Here's a real gem above.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Now now, let's just leave it as it is.
If you continue, people will call this thread a witch hunt too.
And we'll get nowhere fast.

Some sound advice I often give to my peers when I'm presiding over whatever drama comes up at my nonprofit:
"Arguing with an idiot makes two idiots."
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

prendrefeu wrote:"Arguing with an idiot makes two idiots."

I totally agree! Great quote!!

Its like: "He is so mean to his wife. And he is cheating on her."

Well, she can leave him.

Were Hamilton, Landis, Hincapie, etc. forced, TIED AND FORCEFULLY injected with EPO?
No. They werent 5 years old at that time...

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Where is the data from the "Fuentes story"?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

This report is gonne take me out for the majority of the day. All printed off, doubt abny work will get done by me today :popcorn:

airwise

by airwise

If I were American I would be asking one more question.

Why, if they had all of this evidence, did the Federal Investigators close their investigation almost overnight with no charges being made?

shadster

by shadster

artray wrote:Armstrong continues to laugh while Landis calls Pat and the UCI a lot of insulting names near one of Switzerlands many boarders quite legally.

is he still laughing?? :D

maquisard

by maquisard

airwise wrote:Why, if they had all of this evidence, did the Federal Investigators close their investigation almost overnight with no charges being made?

- The burden of proof required in a Federal case is much tighter. Cases can be thrown out on technicalities. This evidence didn't meet those requirements.

artray

by artray

shadster wrote:
artray wrote:Armstrong continues to laugh while Landis calls Pat and the UCI a lot of insulting names near one of Switzerlands many boarders quite legally.

is he still laughing?? :D

Armstrong has done a geat job with damage limitation . Nothing has changed from his perspective.
He knew what the USADA had thats why he did not defend himself . He could not win against the USADA but he can still answer all the charges out of court and there is no one there to say he is gulity. People will still believe he did not dope .
Armstrong is still laughing.

bartali

by bartali

Who will believe he didn't dope? There may still be fans out there, but surely no one still believes he rode clean.

maquisard

by maquisard

People believe in religion despite all the evidence to the contrary.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Who is Paul Scott and how did he know so much?

artray

by artray

maquisard wrote:People believe in religion despite all the evidence to the contrary.

:thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com