the pros on Lightweight list

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Vagabond

by Vagabond

kgt wrote:
Bad luck.. they deserved better IMO.

Like everyone else, Vinnie mostly makes his own luck. I was rooting for him and was disappointed to see the live feed cut back to him on the ground. But that fall had nothing to do with luck and everything to do with two guys riding too fast for the conditions.
Colnago e Campagnolo

ak47

by ak47

lisu wrote:
ak47 wrote:He owns a hi-end bicycle shop in Warsaw, which is a Lightweight dealer.

Bullshit :) His brother (who is quite good serviceman) and sister work there. That's all :) It's like a friendship between him and owner :)

You're wrong. Kwiato invested some significant cash into Veloart warsaw and he owns most part of this business. Maybe that's all he wanted you to know if he told you so. From what I heard there are few reason he doesn't admit he's an owner...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

The women's tt silver was on Meilenstein front and Autobahn disc rear. Nibali could have easily win on his LWs. He was at the front after 230+km of hard racing. So, top pros still choose them as the best wheels available and they certainly know better what is a great wheelset and what is not than any of our forum members.

So this myth that 'Meilensteins look cool but they are not that competitive anymore' just sounds silly. It is not proven by their actual use and performance. It's just one of the urban BS legends of our forum lately.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

ak47 wrote:
lisu wrote:
ak47 wrote:He owns a hi-end bicycle shop in Warsaw, which is a Lightweight dealer.

Bullshit :) His brother (who is quite good serviceman) and sister work there. That's all :) It's like a friendship between him and owner :)

You're wrong. Kwiato invested some significant cash into Veloart warsaw and he owns most part of this business. Maybe that's all he wanted you to know if he told you so. From what I heard there are few reason he doesn't admit he's an owner...

I don't know any of them in person so I have no clue what the truth exactly is but it could be interesting to see where the peloton's highrollers invest their money. Does anyone have some info on that?
Ride it like you stole it

sawyer

by sawyer

kgt wrote:The women's tt silver was on Meilenstein front and Autobahn disc rear. Nibali could have easily win on his LWs. He was at the front after 230+km of hard racing. So, top pros still choose them as the best wheels available and they certainly know better what is a great wheelset and what is not than any of our forum members.

So this myth that 'Meilensteins look cool but they are not that competitive anymore' just sounds silly. It is not proven by their actual use and performance. It's just one of the urban BS legends of our forum lately.

Do you work for LW?

Women's TT silver is a convicted Russian cheat. I am sure many on this board are delighted Armstrong beat her

Nibali crashed because of the poor braking surface ( :lol: jk - though no more ridiculous that your pro LW posts). Nibali was part of the LW supported Italian team of course

The rear disc is cool because it is a WW disc in TT where there is opportunity to reduce weight.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

kgt

by kgt

Armstrong was on LW also. People riding other wheels, and not only Nibali, fell as well.

Anyway, so many current examples from pros riding LWs and your constribution to the thread is a childish personal attack?
That is what I call ridiculous...

sawyer

by sawyer

kgt wrote:Armstrong was on LW also. People riding other wheels, and not only Nibali, fell as well.

Anyway, so many current examples from pros riding LWs and your constribution to the thread is a childish personal attack?
That is what I call ridiculous...

Childish (?) ... now, now .. let's have full disclosure ... Armstrong was on a LW rear (good choice for weight) and did not choose a LW front ... the LW disc is in the "pros will choose it" category in a way the normal road wheels aren't tbh

Aside from (1) the Italian team - sponsored by LW (2) A Russian cheat (3) a Pole who owns a share in a shop dealing in LWs ... there aren't that many people on LW wheels that aren't discs are there?

But ... this LW fan has his reasons that reason cannot know ... and I doff my hat to your brand advocacy which on this forum is unrivalled. If you don't work for them, you should think about it
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

CAFERACER

by CAFERACER

sawyer wrote:
kgt wrote:The women's tt silver was on Meilenstein front and Autobahn disc rear. Nibali could have easily win on his LWs. He was at the front after 230+km of hard racing. So, top pros still choose them as the best wheels available and they certainly know better what is a great wheelset and what is not than any of our forum members.

Women's TT silver is a convicted Russian cheat. I am sure many on this board are delighted Armstrong beat her

I think kristin armstrong's performance is just as suss as a convicted russian ex-doper.

kgt

by kgt

Doper, ex-doper, clean or whatever no rider would use a wheel that would not be at the top in terms of performance.
If a LW disc is used by so many riders (yes, because lighter is better) then this is a proof that it this a top wheel. If Italy, a team that goes for the gold, uses Meilensteins (sponsored or not) that is a proof that this is a top wheelset.
Things are simple as that.

@Sawyer
this is a thread titled 'the pros on Lightweight list'. You have nothing to contribute obviously, at least try not to spoil it.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Cool down guys..

Btw has anyone seen pros racing on the 80mm Fernweg?

micky

by micky

Perhaps TT events, but I dont remember any on RR.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@micky
Thanks.
I think the weight on the Fernweg is a drawback. Not much difference compared to Bora 80.
(less than 60 grams?)
Stiffness is good though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mac567

by mac567

Old photo I have not seen before not exactly on lightweights but made me smile...