the pros on Lightweight list

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CXrider

by CXrider

Dylan Groenewegen riding Lightweights in a cx race.

themidge

by themidge

Riding canti's as well, when was that photo taken?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickcube

by nickcube

there's some major big dick energy right there, lightweights in a cross race

looks to be jumbo's 2017 kit

mendiz

by mendiz

Where are the Lightweight haters? Bernal decided the Tour today in those pathetic wheels ( Ironic mode on). I laughed when people here talked about the great advantage of Enve over LW.
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

kgt

by kgt

+1
All the marketing weenies must be in shock! Lightweight wheels on the bikes of the Tour de France's 1st and 3rd (if not 1st and 2nd). In 2019! But, how is this possible? :?: :!: 8)

dgasmd

by dgasmd

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

kgt wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 pm
+1
All the marketing weenies must be in shock! Lightweight wheels on the bikes of the Tour de France's 1st and 3rd (if not 1st and 2nd). In 2019! But, how is this possible? :?: :!: 8)
ahh... Can I say the markerting was correct when a certain someone schools the field on a disc brake TT bike and descends like a bat out of hell again on a disc brake bike.. once again schooling the field... or is that not allowed :noidea:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

spdntrxi wrote:
kgt wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 pm
+1
ahh... Can I say the markerting was correct when a certain someone schools the field on a disc brake TT bike and descends like a bat out of hell again on a disc brake bike.. once again schooling the field... or is that not allowed :noidea:
You will upset the foamers ;)

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

mendiz

by mendiz

Last several years I have been reading here how Lightweight wheels were awful, that almost every U shape wheelset has advantage, how were a nightmare descending and in flats with wind. And in this Tour we have seen the best pro tour team by a mile with them, descending climbs at speeds that users here never have seen. First and second in GC. I am the first saying that Le Tour can be won in a steel bike with Tiagra but was absolutely ridiculous read many posts criticizing a fantastic wheelset. Besides they were Meilenstein 20/20 spokes , not Obermayer, for more stiffness.

kgt

by kgt

Lightweight Meilenstein:
aero? no
wide? no
new technology? no
no. 1 and no. 2 in Tour de France 2019? yes
end of story

marketing weenies can rest in peace

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

kgt wrote:Lightweight Meilenstein:
aero? no
wide? no
new technology? no
no. 1 and no. 2 in Tour de France 2019? yes
end of story

marketing weenies can rest in peace

Ha ha ha ha .... I can’t stop laughing

Disk brake ? No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

dgasmd

by dgasmd

spdntrxi wrote:ahh... Can I say the markerting was correct when a certain someone schools the field on a disc brake TT bike and descends like a bat out of hell again on a disc brake bike.. once again schooling the field... or is that not allowed :noidea:
Alaphilippe’s descending had all to do with skills and risk taking and very very little to do with disc brakes. Sure, they helped a tiny bit, but that was simply a display of skills!!!

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

And Bernal would have climbed equally fast on 32h alloy tubs.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Berzin1

by Berzin1

If that were even remotely true, then why would team Ineos spend money on purchasing their own sets of Lightweight wheels?

I've always liked Lightweight wheels, and have wanted a pair ever since pro riders rode ADAs from Cees Beers. Now that I have a pair, it's nice to see them ridden to such success at the Tour.

This is great marlketing for them, and hopefully they can use this as a springboard for more consumer sales. I would hate to see this company go out of business.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mendiz

by mendiz

Everyone know that, but that alloy 32 holes tubular rim with same stiffness and weight impossible. Not alloy rim and no another carbon rim has that stiffness and weight. But the laugh really is why Ineos did not choose Enve, or Bora, like I have read here a million of times are better wheels. I say you, because they are no special wheels. Just a carbon rim with steel spokes. In Enve case more heavy and less stiff.