2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

C36

by C36

tymon_tm wrote:well, my biggest mistake is to have thought WW crowd is mature enough to handle a photo without panicking. guess not, move on.
The picture was nothing to comment except yes it’s (really) nice to see Jan doing better.

But saying just if he was less of an a.. he could be “acting as ROLE MODELS for new generations and stuff” is quite *f##k* up. So as you mention let’s give up on fantasies and move on, we have one big race out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

Duplicate
Last edited by C36 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C36

by C36

robbosmans wrote:A lot of retirements after this season.
Indeed and so many very big names
- Valverde
- Nibali
- Gilbert
But also
- Dumoulin
- Porte
- Terpstra

Was reading on a spanish newspaper Valverde saying his numbers were as good as 10 years ago and his mind would still be ok to continue. When we see riders retiring mentally burned out in their very early 30s…

Karvalo

by Karvalo

tymon_tm wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:16 pm
well, my biggest mistake is to have thought WW crowd is mature enough to handle a photo without panicking. guess not, move on.
You're talking about who's mature while throwing all of your toys out the pram because you can't deal with other people having opinions about a subject you brought up.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Karvalo wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:08 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:16 pm
well, my biggest mistake is to have thought WW crowd is mature enough to handle a photo without panicking. guess not, move on.
You're talking about who's mature while throwing all of your toys out the pram because you can't deal with other people having opinions about a subject you brought up.
dude, it's not about having an opinion, it's about stating the same old obvious thing for 1000th time. get over with the fact, some people don't need constatant reminders from you and those like you.

today Valverde ends his career. gonna produce 5-page long 'debate' about how big of cheat he is? again?

get a freaking grip pn reality for once and stop repeating their dossiers every freakin time someone mentiones their names beacause, guess what, WE ALREADY KNOW THAT

trying to convince us/me about something that's pretty damn obvious only makes you look stupid. and the inability to see beyond someone's transgressions only adds to that.

I'd say think about it, but I guess you already know - you already know "you're right"
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

C36 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:38 pm
...When we see riders retiring mentally burned out in their very early 30s…
I was gonna comment: seems like the shelf life for WT riders is around 34-35. There are certainly outliers...but seems mid-30s is where they are cooked, burned out, fed up, or for whatever reason...it's time to go.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

tymon_tm wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:12 pm
dude, it's not about having an opinion, it's about stating the same old obvious thing for 1000th time. get over with the fact, some people don't need constatant reminders from you and those like you.
Some people not needing a reminder doesn't translate into other people being banned from talking.

And again, you haven't given a single indication of why you posted the photo or what you wanted to discuss about it beyond baiting people into discussing this very topic as you clearly knew they would.

With that in mind, what on earth do you think you're right about? :noidea:

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

OMG, you're a relentless fellow... I've no intentions to indulge your urge of being on top of every, even the most pointless, argument.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

smartyiak wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:45 pm
C36 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:38 pm
...When we see riders retiring mentally burned out in their very early 30s…
I was gonna comment: seems like the shelf life for WT riders is around 34-35. There are certainly outliers...but seems mid-30s is where they are cooked, burned out, fed up, or for whatever reason...it's time to go.
Someone else mentioned when Dumoulin announced his 'early' retirement that he's older than Merckx or Hinault were when they retired, and many riders continuing well into their mid 30's might be a more modern phenomenon than we realise.

I wonder if we had a wave of riders continuing well into their 30s partly because the financial rewards are better now (particularly for good donestiques), followed by a bit of a reset back down as people realise it's ok to quit when something just doesn't make you happy anymore.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

tymon_tm wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:07 pm
OMG, you're a relentless fellow... I've no intentions to indulge your urge of being on top of every, even the most pointless, argument.
Relentless? You created this pointless argument and posted more in it than I have.

Anyway, you still can't explain why you posted a photo of Lance except so you could attack anyone who wanted to talk about Lance?

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Ganna having a real hard time staying close to that black line. Leaving some on the table already. Im thinking those last 10mins are going to be very close.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin

Miller

by Miller

Watching now at 22km in and he's gaining time but only 4s ahead. It would be amusing if he didn't beat Biggles time. Assuming he does, it does not look like being the stupendous 57km that was being touted.

Miller

by Miller

Ok! Not far off AND a unified record. Looks like it is 56.792km. Sorry Chris Boardman, you're going to get an 'uh oh' email from the UCI. Wow.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Pauline Ferrand Prevot is a living legend - that's her, what, 8th rainbow jersey? and she's only 30..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

Filippo Image
Dan Image

Source on pics.