2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

spud wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:38 pm
The saddest thing I've ever heard in cycling is what happened down in Austin Tx. What a gawdawful mess, 3 lives ruined.
totally agree... can't beleive it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Ganna to (probably) slay the hour record August 23-34:
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ganna- ... in-august/

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

spud wrote:
The saddest thing I've ever heard in cycling is what happened down in Austin Tx. What a gawdawful mess, 3 lives ruined.
Allegedly he had a thing for dating unstable women and pushing their buttons.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

In reading the affadvit, it definitely seems to me like he was trying to have a realtionship with both women. I think he was attracted to Wilson and wanted to date her, but she wasn't local. Sounds like he had a respect and admiration for her talent.. not the case for Armstrong. he said she was just someone that rode in events and he disliked training with her because she slowed him down. Seems like he was hoping for more with Wilson but was fine to string Armstrong along until better plans with Wilson might come along.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying he's to blame for the murder... this type of relationship stuff is happening all over the place and doesn't result in murder. But he definitely seems like a bit of a deceptive, manipulative dude when it comes to these women.

Maybe there is some sort of legal blame associated with the fact that he purchased the gun, knowing she was unstable? I don't know how or if that is a thing or how you'd go about proving that.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Did Texas authorities screw up here. Brought in Armstrong for questioning on some misdemeanor charge, let her go, and the issue an arrest warrant after ballistics tests?

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Reading the police account of the interview they conducted it seems staggering that she wasn't arrested at that point. Especially considering the flimsy pretexts they'll arrest certain people for on the streets over there.

As an aside I was once on the remote peripheries (and knew several people closely involved) of an unsolved possible suicide / possible murder at a university club event that was sensationalised in the press because of all the casual sex, complicated relationships and partying involved (aka what young people do). I can promise you that public speculation about the romantic lives and motivations of anyone involved is completely useless, with the potential to be very distressing to friends and relatives left behind.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

She is probably in Mexico by now

basilic

by basilic

This thread is turning into a tabloid.
How about a cycling race going on in Italy right now. Strong show by Ciccone today.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

CrankAddictsRich wrote:Yesterday's Giro stage was pretty exciting. The battle for the break away in the morning was incredible.... just constant attacks, nothing going away.
This was crazy I loved it

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

MayhemSWE wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:14 pm
spud wrote:
Allegedly he had a thing for dating unstable women and pushing their buttons.
Hilarious, women murders another women and, yep, its the man's fault. He's a white male let's take him out back and put a bullet in him too.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

basilic wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:43 pm
This thread is turning into a tabloid.
How about a cycling race going on in Italy right now. Strong show by Ciccone today.
https://road.cc/content/news/ds-killed- ... int-292973

Assume you did not mean that Italian race...

LouisN

by LouisN

This thread is slipping "..............

Louis :)

micky

by micky

Quintana to Astana should make Miguel Angel Lopez really happy.

Martin from Cofidis to Arkea as replacement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com