2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Good start for the Trek-Segafredo Women's team!

by Weenie

KCookie

by KCookie

Was just returning to Adelaide today from a holiday in Queensland and couldn't believe it when I saw these guys on the same plane as me. They had just come from a training camp there, obviously heading to the TDU. Couldn't resist a photo and an autograph. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

^^yup, first win for my new bike, the Madone, first win for my pro-crush Letizia Paternoster - that's some good news to start a day with (kinda, as it's already noon :oops: )

re: Big Tom's ride - it really grows on me. I'm starting to dig that paintjob, despite it looks super stupid on the S5 (perhaps because the bike itself is a freak)

kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Kjetil

by Kjetil

If Rapha manage to do EF as well as they’ve done Canyon-SRAM it will be quite splendid.

Letizia”s family name always makes me think of Star Wars.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

bilwit

by bilwit

Zakalwe wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 am
DartanianX wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am
The new EF kit and bikes are going to be in my opinion the best looking in the entire peloton.

If there is something Rapha can do, it’s fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What went wrong with the awful Sky kits then
so true, even the Adidas Sky kit was better looking IMO

Wookski

by Wookski

AG2R and Astana bikes look so “low rent”
Even CCC’s Gianté look nicer

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Wookski wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 am
AG2R must be buying alot of their equipment.. but I may be wrong... they are using such a mix n match of components.. Campy 11s derailleurs, the new brakes though from the 12s kit (Record, not Super Record), mavic wheels (easy to change freehubs from old Shimano) not even a Campy crank (with SRM option availalble for Campagnolo) they were on SRM last year..
Seems like the budget isn't very big? Probably got the Campy 11s stuff at a good price considering its all mov(ed) and moving to EPS 12..

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:00 am

AG2R must be buying alot of their equipment.. but I may be wrong... they are using such a mix n match of components.. Campy 11s derailleurs, the new brakes though from the 12s kit (Record, not Super Record), mavic wheels (easy to change freehubs from old Shimano) not even a Campy crank (with SRM option availalble for Campagnolo) they were on SRM last year..
Seems like the budget isn't very big? Probably got the Campy 11s stuff at a good price considering its all mov(ed) and moving to EPS 12..

More like they're lining up more diverse sponsorships to better fund their team. My guess is they are still on 11spd because there isn't enough 12spd EPS to go around right now and they are on a lower rung than Movistar and Lotto-Soudal. Kind of like how in 2017 most teams were using a hodge-podge of old and new Dura-Ace due to similar shortages.

Are the UAE-Emirates bikes on 12spd EPS at TDU?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:00 am

More like they're lining up more diverse sponsorships to better fund their team. My guess is they are still on 11spd because there isn't enough 12spd EPS to go around right now and they are on a lower rung than Movistar and Lotto-Soudal. Kind of like how in 2017 most teams were using a hodge-podge of old and new Dura-Ace due to similar shortages.

Are the UAE-Emirates bikes on 12spd EPS at TDU?
I believe UAE is on 12 EPS already.. saw pics of their training camp and alot of the bikes had EPS 12 (rim and disc).. UAE also are not using P2Max this year, they are on the Stages PM...

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

He's not asking about training camps... training camps that are happening in Spain and Mediterainean Europe very well might be on 12 speed... as those bikes are coming directly from the team's european service course. The TDU bikes usually don't have all of the latest and greatest because they've come down to Australia earlier and were built up prior to receiving all of the newest stuff. The teams always have a mix of stuff at TDU.
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
2017 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL5
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT
2015 Specialized Venge Pro (Retired)

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Wookski wrote:
So Factor bikes are shut out from the tour in 2019?
2018 Bianchi Oltre XR4, (Celeste Matt)
2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina (Blu)
2019 Trek Madone SLR (Rage Red)
2019 Giant TCR Advanced SL (Chameleon Blue)
2016 Specialized Allez DSW Sprint (Gold)

Kjetil

by Kjetil

File under «bikes not used».
Bianchi-Campagnolo

pastronef

by pastronef

Noctiluxx wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:06 pm
Wookski wrote:
So Factor bikes are shut out from the tour in 2019?
yes. no WT teams for them
they will supply Roompot-Charles and 2 women teams: Parkhotel Valkenburg and Rytger Cycling

by Weenie

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:27 pm
He's not asking about training camps... training camps that are happening in Spain and Mediterainean Europe very well might be on 12 speed... as those bikes are coming directly from the team's european service course. The TDU bikes usually don't have all of the latest and greatest because they've come down to Australia earlier and were built up prior to receiving all of the newest stuff. The teams always have a mix of stuff at TDU.
Theres probably more 12s EPS floating around then we know...

UAE Austrailia EPS 12s.. just scroll down a little..

https://twitter.com/teamuaeabudhabi?lang=en

https://twitter.com/IvOliveira96?lang=en