2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rondje

by Rondje

It was an audition :lol:

by Weenie

Frankie - B
Administrator

by Frankie - B

haha, Boom must be great doing a Haka with the NZ team. Maybe they should meet during the worlds.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'

tmr5555

by tmr5555

fa63 wrote: (but I grew up in Turkey, where it is used way too much).

HA! 8)

Renne

by Renne

Ok that's hilarious.

beatle

by beatle

lol

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

fun fact: bras d'honneur made quite a fuss during the 1980 Olympics in Moscow. Polish pole vault gold medalist - Władysław Kozakiewicz - made the same gesture towards Russian public who booed during his attempts. it was then regarded as a symbolic act, and Kozakiewicz became sort of a hero for his display. of course Soviets tried to take his medal away, applying pressure on the highest goverment levels - it was still long 9 years before the 1989 - but a response by Polish officials closed the door to any argument: Kozakiewicz had suffered an involuntary muscle spasm caused by his exertion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C5%82adys%C5%82aw_Kozakiewicz
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Ah yes, and when cars pass too close, I often coincidentally get an involuntary spasm in my middle finger.

gravity

by gravity

Glad that Uran has signed for Vaughter's team for another 3 years. Looks like a great match.

Hugh Carthy hasn't shown anything spectacular yet in Cannondale-Drapac but he's only 23years old -- i hope we can see something great from him next year.
Last edited by gravity on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

micky

by micky

It's funny how some riders are very fast when riding at Pro Conti/Conti and then dissapear once step up to WT.
Seriously, age might be the main factor but still.... .

I was a bit "dissapointed" by the performance of Van Aert in Holland; I was really looking forward to him showing something at least in 1-2 stages.

Rondje

by Rondje

micky wrote:I was a bit "dissapointed" by the performance of Van Aert in Holland; I was really looking forward to him showing something at least in 1-2 stages.

Hard to judge. He had a flat on an unlucky monent on friday which made him decide to save energy on saturday for sunday. He tried sunday but went to early and just isn't strong enough to follow the world top yet. I though he will ride the spring classics in 2018, but I'm not sure if that works well with a CX season. We saw it at Boom this year who did only a few CX races but lacked the endurance for the long spring classics.

djcharlou

by djcharlou

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mikel-landa-signs-two-year-deal-with-movistar/

It's done, Landa at Moviestar. Bring on TDF2018 ! Or, at least, Giro and Vuelta

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I'd like to see landa against froome. but I think tom dumoulin is still froome's biggest threat.

KWalker

by KWalker

Is it just me or do Landa and TD look a lot alike?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

bilwit

by bilwit

gravity wrote:Glad that Uran has signed for Vaughter's team for another 3 years. Looks like a great match.

Hugh Carthy hasn't shown anything spectacular yet in Cannondale-Drapac but he's only 23years old -- i hope we can see something great from him next year.

These types of riders, even the Yates brothers, I don't expect to see big results from for another 3-5 years when they enter into their prime. They will and have been showing flashes along the way.

by Weenie

KWalker

by KWalker

micky wrote:It's funny how some riders are very fast when riding at Pro Conti/Conti and then dissapear once step up to WT.
Seriously, age might be the main factor but still.... .

I was a bit "dissapointed" by the performance of Van Aert in Holland; I was really looking forward to him showing something at least in 1-2 stages.

Depends on the rider and what races their team does

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.ph ... eason=2016 he did the Vuelta and a few other shorter stage races, one of which he won. A few top 10s, but nothing all that wowing.

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.ph ... eason=2015 wasn't super amazing either.

Now Cobo on the other hand- I agree with you there!
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike