Light wheels with narrow rim for Campagnolo drive train

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
claus

by claus

Light wheels with narrow rim for Campagnolo drive train

I'm looking for replacements for Campagnolo Zonda C15 / Hyperon Ultra clincher wheels (rim brakes).
Up to now I almost never bought non-Campagnolo wheels, but it seems they don't sell "narrow" wheels anymore.
There are several reasons why I need narrow wheels, e.g., my frames do not take any tyres wider than 23
(otherwise I would try Zonda C17 but those seem to have a "suggested" minimum tyre width of 25 and are also heavier than C15)
I don't want any "deep" wheels (it's too windy here); just light wheels for climbing.
(I don't care about the aerodynamics because I'm slow at descending anyway).

Last, but not least, the wheels should require very little maintenance.

I might consider trying tubulars if they offer significantly lower weight
(including carrying a replacement tyre in case there's a flat)

Any suggestions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

Aside from searching auction sites for legacy wheels, you could maybe get a custom build. Old-style narrow clincher rims are still available if you look, eg totalcycling.com has the Ambrosio Excellence which was/is a rather nice narrow alloy rim. Match those to your selected hubset and you'll have nice wheels to fit your (many?) frames.