Disk brake wheelset

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
godspeed

by godspeed

Hello there !

Iam searching for new wheels and need info about wheels spec - what i need - what i will buy .

I need hub with better rolling resistance - for climbing - disk brake - 23mm tyre .

My current entry wheels . fulcrum 600db . disk brake - centerlock.

It says : rim width 25mm - inner rim width 20mm - rim height 24mm .

I will spend 500 euro . it worth the upgrade / i will mention any obvious difference or should spend more?

Thx in advance !

jch3n

by jch3n

500 eur won't get you anything much better than the Fulcrums you currently have. Definitely consider spending more.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dirks

by dirks

I am in the same boat as OP. My wheelset is a Fulcrum 600 aswell, with 10k KM on them and recently the third spoke on the rear wheel broke. From what I have read so far is, that after the 3rd strike, you should consider relacing the wheel or buy a new set.
I m thinking 500€ too, like Fulcrum 3, Campagnolo Zonda or DT Swiss (1400 if I stretch my budget).

You think that makes no sense? I m an endurance rider and I dont care about aero or weight. I just like to upgrade to a nicer set.