Corsa N.EXT TLR real life reviews?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Unfortunately with rear tires, distance covered doesn't tell us the whole story. A big guy sprinting up many short steep climbs out of the saddle can kill a tire in a lot less than 2200 km. A small woman in flat terrain might never wear it out. Still, the comments about excellent traction suggest we shouldn't be expecting super durability.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

C36

by C36

Mr.Gib wrote:Unfortunately with rear tires, distance covered doesn't tell us the whole story. A big guy sprinting up many short steep climbs out of the saddle can kill a tire in a lot less than 2200 km. A small woman in flat terrain might never wear it out. Still, the comments about excellent traction suggest we shouldn't be expecting super durability.
Absolutely, but it’s far from being a super fast tire (tt type), not even a very fast tire (cup or gp5k).
I will get more info from the rider but even being on the light side, I got more mileage from corsa speed.
2k km is a very very small number even for heavy riders no?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

C36 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:20 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:Unfortunately with rear tires, distance covered doesn't tell us the whole story. A big guy sprinting up many short steep climbs out of the saddle can kill a tire in a lot less than 2200 km. A small woman in flat terrain might never wear it out. Still, the comments about excellent traction suggest we shouldn't be expecting super durability.
Absolutely, but it’s far from being a super fast tire (tt type), not even a very fast tire (cup or gp5k).
I will get more info from the rider but even being on the light side, I got more mileage from corsa speed.
2k km is a very very small number even for heavy riders no?
Agreed. If that wear was from average person on average terrain, that is not good. To be fair I did kill a Corsa 2.0 in about 1000 km of climbing + 1000 km of descending. Steep and rough roads though. I'm 77kg. In fact even some of the smaller guys wore out their rear tires on that trip.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Pretty happy with mine; mounted on elite Drive wheels, 26c, wet grip is insane, holds pressure with no issue

Also i dont feel any diffrence in speed to gp5000 TL. Will be my go to tire from now on
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Has anyone tried the 34c yet? I wonder how they'd compare with the Schwalbe Pro One TLE

BigPoser

by BigPoser

I have about 250miles on some 28's and so far I really like them. They aren't as fast as Pirelli Race TLR but ride well, grip well and are pretty quick. Mounting was easy and they hold air for me extremely well on my Ultra WTO's. The pricing is also good and should make a great training tire. We'll how long they last but I'll keep buying them.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

I've been on these since USA release. Do note they sponsor my team but I typically use the tyres I like, not what's cheap. Furthermore, I bought these for full cost from my local bike shop.

After shredding a 400 mile old GP5KTL S-TR I've given up on fast tyres for typical road rides. I just can't do it anymore, the cost, the lack of puncture resistance when tubeless, and the mess to change the tyre is a nightmare. I did the same with the old Specialized RapidAir - brilliant tyre but tired of getting punctures that sometimes seal.

The N.EXT in 28's TL are brilliant. Slower but have more grip overall than the race tyres, they feel numb and give less road feedback. The flat protection is BRILLIANT.

gorkypl

by gorkypl

Sock3t wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:43 pm
The N.EXT in 28's TL are brilliant. Slower but have more grip overall than the race tyres, they feel numb and give less road feedback. The flat protection is BRILLIANT.
You mean the Corsa NEXT feel numb, correct?

Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s
Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

Sock3t

by Sock3t

gorkypl wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:49 pm
Sock3t wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:43 pm
You mean the Corsa NEXT feel numb, correct?
Yeah. They feel numb and don't give much for feedback. It's made it difficult when trying to find the edge of traction. The GP5K TL S always felt slippery, the RapidAir was supple and grippy - I could push it deep.

The NEXT feels meh, but it works well.

DieselCondor

by DieselCondor

As the OP I wanted to feedback my experience after 1600km....
I have been impressed with the tyres and feel they are just about perfect for use over the winter on my UK Cotswold rough, gritty, mucky roads.
They have bags and bags of grip, are still plenty quick enough with a really nice ride quality. Longevity seems to be good with minimal apparent wear and they are cut resistant.
I have had two punctures- which considering the crap I have been riding through- is good! One was an unusual long slither of glass through the front tyre!?!
The other caused by a sharp flint piece in the rear tyre when forced to emergency stop into a tractor lay by.
The muc off sealant sealed them both, but has been weeping, particularly when wet.
I'm thinking of just swapping it out for Orange seal for confidence. Which one regular or endurance?

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Orange endurance always
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

jlok

by jlok

Will there be a tubular N.EXT?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

vinc

by vinc

I recently got me a set of 28mm Corsa Next TLR’s and had a real struggle getting the tires fit correctly. Finally I used an inner tube and left the tires pumped up a couple of days to set themselves and then remove the inner tube and put the sealant in. That worked fine. I didn’t ride with them yet so I’ll inform later on that in comparison with the normal Corsa’s with an inner tube and the Schwalbe One TLE’s…

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

vinc wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:11 pm
I recently got me a set of 28mm Corsa Next TLR’s and had a real struggle getting the tires fit correctly. Finally I used an inner tube and left the tires pumped up a couple of days to set themselves and then remove the inner tube and put the sealant in. That worked fine. I didn’t ride with them yet so I’ll inform later on that in comparison with the normal Corsa’s with an inner tube and the Schwalbe One TLE’s…
Please tell us what wheels!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com