DT Swiss 350 update for 2021

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
ooo

by ooo

DT Swiss update 350 hubs, they still uses Star Ratchet (not EXP)

https://www.facebook.com/DTSwissAG/
https://www.facebook.com/DTSwissAG/post ... 4978420121

Right now, only mtb hubs listed:

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/components/h ... bs-mtb/350
'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ypuh

by Ypuh

From the comments on "So what's new?" here DT Swiss' answer:
If you take a closer look you will find some more important details. Fro sure, for most of the people the 36t ratchets might be the most important one. But we changed some more parts to the ones we used in the 240s, which makes the rear hub lighter. As well as the 350 is not using waterslide decals. Have a nice week, Friso "DT Swiss".
Seems very minor if you ask me, but on the other hand that's good news. Interesting that they're going to keep the old and new EXP ratchet system alongside each other, whereas most other brands choose to run only one version for cost efficiency.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

ooo wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:18 pm
Right now, only mtb hubs listed:
Also according to a reply from DT Swiss on Facebook, the new road models are launching later due to "capacity reasons". But almost sounds like they perhaps still have a stockpile of the old model (which should still be available) they want to sell through first.

https://www.facebook.com/DTSwissAG/post ... 7001677252

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Ypuh wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:37 pm
Interesting that they're going to keep the old and new EXP ratchet system alongside each other, whereas most other brands choose to run only one version for cost efficiency.
I remember reading somewhere that supposedly 180 and 240 are made in Switzerland, while 350 and anything lower is made in Taiwan. So quite possibly they still had plenty of original star ratchets still in stock and/or fresh tooling to continue making them, so they just shipped all of that over to Taiwan while the Swiss can now focus solely on making ratchet EXP parts and hubs…

PatchuaPatcherson

by PatchuaPatcherson

Got an update on the new dt350 road hubs- turns out there was a big stockpile of the old hubs and they've just worn through them. I don't believe there's been an announcement about the updated versions yet but I've got some pics and weights. looking much more refined, cleaner and crucially lighter. does a good job closing the gap between the 240s and greatly increases the value proposition.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

If they're still using 6902s across the board and the non-EXP ratchet at that weight...that's pretty awesome. Maybe 55-60 grams heavier than a 240 set.

PatchuaPatcherson

by PatchuaPatcherson

when the mtb hubs came out they did a full individual parts weights breakdown and I think a lot of that applies here. Still non exp but new hollowed out SL star ratchet rings cut a big chunk of weight. I hadn't thought about bearings though- lets hope they're still big and chunky!

robertbb

by robertbb

PatchuaPatcherson wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:38 pm
Got an update on the new dt350 road hubs- turns out there was a big stockpile of the old hubs and they've just worn through them. I don't believe there's been an announcement about the updated versions yet but I've got some pics and weights. looking much more refined, cleaner and crucially lighter. does a good job closing the gap between the 240s and greatly increases the value proposition.

Are those decals/stickers removable or are they perma - like the 240's ?

MucRadl

by MucRadl

Here is a good video comparing the old and new version.

https://youtu.be/MBRsMkLcEI8

matteof93

by matteof93

PatchuaPatcherson wrote:
Any idea about why DT Swiss is not providing the 6-bolt option anymore for road hubs? In particular, I want to convert a DT 350 Classic 32h 6-bolt MTB hub (15x100) to 12x100...but I cannot find any info online.

PatchuaPatcherson

by PatchuaPatcherson

No confirmation on the decals sorry- they certainly look like they could be a glossy sticker from the images which would be my preference.

PatchuaPatcherson

by PatchuaPatcherson

Got a wheelset built with these in hand today- still no official release from DTSwiss?
They look great. Decals are not stickers but a higher end semi gloss as seen on some 3t stems etc. potentially same as 240s. 36t ratchet. Haven't got the tools to disassemble and check bearings sorry. Any other questions about these hubs?
Last edited by PatchuaPatcherson on Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

PatchuaPatcherson wrote:
Was discussed last year:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/dt-swiss- ... -hubs.html

Sticker is the most obvious difference, although hub machining has more square edges vs the slighter rounder edges of previous-gen 350

Seems like their OEM hub only supply was a little backlogged (like everything) but their supply for whole wheelsets was pretty good. I bought a set of Terra CL's last year which used the new DT350s:
https://bikerumor.com/roval-terra-c-ter ... erra-bars/

PatchuaPatcherson

by PatchuaPatcherson

the pinkbike pics and writeup is for the mtb version, but these roval hubs are definitely the same road version as mine. Strange that they'd identify it as a 340 even though the decal clearly shows 350.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/www.bikerumor. ... s-CL-.jpeg
Guess the OEMs have been let in front of the line early! Strange that there's no specs or announcement from dt to help these new wheels sell though? any idea on bearings in your rovals?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joejack951

by joejack951

matteof93 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:51 pm
Any idea about why DT Swiss is not providing the 6-bolt option anymore for road hubs? In particular, I want to convert a DT 350 Classic 32h 6-bolt MTB hub (15x100) to 12x100...but I cannot find any info online.
15x100 to 12x100 hub conversion is as easy as using a simple tube-shaped hub adapter, available for $15-20 from a bunch of places.