DT Swiss DICUT DB - New wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Indyx

by Indyx

Just picked up a set of SwissSide Hadron 2 50/62.5 aka DT Swiss PR 1100 Dicuts, and blown away with how good they are. Coming from "Premium" China brands with Carbon TIs, I was a bit skeptical.

Amazed with how smooth the bearings are, but especially how stiff the wheels are, yet compliant. I've been riding a while, and probably the best wheels I tried. Cured my front brake rotor rub. Excellent.

Liquidating my Farsports wheels and going all Dtswiss.

ichobi

by ichobi

Thats an interesting observation. Could you elaborate more what your dt wheels do better than your farsport aside from
Stiffness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Indyx

by Indyx

ichobi wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:16 pm
Thats an interesting observation. Could you elaborate more what your dt wheels do better than your farsport aside from
Stiffness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am surpised as well. I have not owned a "Brand" named wheelset since Reynolds wheels in the Rim brake days, and owned 3x Farsports wheels. For reasons I'll explain in the Farsports thread soon, I decided to try a brand named set.

Things I like about the DT wheels:

1. DT swiss hub is simple to dis-assemble. No tools needed.
2. DT wiss 180 hub flange is round, which braces a larger circle, which makes the hub stiff (vs Carbon Ti where hub mounts is sectioned)
3. The SINC ceramic bearings are super smooth... at least out of the box. We shall see long term.
4. The DT Swiss AERO spokes are super wide, and I suspect this increases stiffness. I will have to check the spoke tension.
5. The Carbon rim itself is thicker and though heavier I think adds to wheel stiffness.

I am overall very surpised in how well they ride.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Do the latest version of the ARC 1100 DB 80 wheels have different decals? I'm used to seeing the latest version come with a red "1100" decal only (as found on the DT SWISS website), haven't seen this version with all black decal.

Can someone confirm if this set is the latest version, or if this set is the older version?

Thanks
Attachments
dt swiss wheel 2.jpg
dt swiss wheel 1.jpg
dt swiss wheel 3.jpg
dt swiss wheel 4.jpg
dt swiss wheel 5.jpg
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

jfranci3

by jfranci3

It might be tough to tell. Swiss has OEM and Swiss builds of that same wheelset. They probably don't build them up until there's an order for them. If there's not a large enough order, they might do different finishes. Those are probably an OEM build, which is why they don't have the waterslide graphics.

If you've got a serial number, just email DT Swiss.

Looks like the current model is around 820g / 942g 20/32mm(widest point) https://www.dtswiss.com/en/wheels/wheel ... 0-dicut-db

The other verison 840g/960g 17int/27 at widest point https://bikerumor.com/dt-swiss-pushes-d ... swissside/
Weight isn't going to work, so you'd need to use outside measurement.

The widest point is in the middle, so you need something like this... but if you lay the rim on a table and it's wider then 29-30mm eyeing it with a ruler, it's the new version.
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Vernier- ... 09&sr=8-11
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-14-inch-S ... =1-15&th=1

You might be able to shoot these folks an email and get a graphic made up if DT Swiss doesn't have anything for you - https://www.slikgraphics.com/shop/ or SwissSide graphics are "valid" on these. They sell decals.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

jfranci3 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:14 pm
It might be tough to tell. Swiss has OEM and Swiss builds of that same wheelset. They probably don't build them up until there's an order for them. If there's not a large enough order, they might do different finishes. Those are probably an OEM build, which is why they don't have the waterslide graphics.

If you've got a serial number, just email DT Swiss.

Looks like the current model is around 820g / 942g 20/32mm(widest point) https://www.dtswiss.com/en/wheels/wheel ... 0-dicut-db

The other verison 840g/960g 17int/27 at widest point https://bikerumor.com/dt-swiss-pushes-d ... swissside/
Weight isn't going to work, so you'd need to use outside measurement.

The widest point is in the middle, so you need something like this... but if you lay the rim on a table and it's wider then 29-30mm eyeing it with a ruler, it's the new version.
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Vernier- ... 09&sr=8-11
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-14-inch-S ... =1-15&th=1

You might be able to shoot these folks an email and get a graphic made up if DT Swiss doesn't have anything for you - https://www.slikgraphics.com/shop/ or SwissSide graphics are "valid" on these. They sell decals.
This wheelset is from the a local seller. (It came off of his new TT bike)

I guess the only way to be certain, is to measure the dimensions of the wheels and see if they are 20int/32ext.

Thanks.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Based on the min 25c tire and 8.5bar max, I'd say it's the latest model. The narrower wheels get up to 9bar.
https://www.dtswiss.com/pmt/00/00/00/00 ... ZZ_001.pdf

The older model can take a 23c. The newer model can take a 64c, which the 17int cant.
Is it a EXP freehub?

It also looks rounder than flat. The spokes also look wider and rounder
https://cyclingtips.com/2020/08/dt-swis ... el-review/
Older models had a drain hole https://aerogeeks.com/2018/01/05/dt-swi ... 80-review/

Leon

by Leon

Vuong05 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:22 pm

Here you found the clue. I think the OEM wheels don't get a red tag.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Leon wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:55 pm
Vuong05 wrote:

Hi Leon, you are correct, OEM wheels don't come with the red "1100" decal. This is what the local DT Swiss distributor/brand rep said: "The difference between OEM and After-Market is the Decal color variation and there is no included accessories with the OEM such as tubeless valves, extra free hubs, etc…

Regarding the warranty coverage, because he is purchasing these second hand, the original sales receipt is needed in order for the warranty to apply.

As for the carbon Fair-share policy this is unfortunately non-transferable to second owner."

Does anyone have much experience with these ARC 1100 DB 80 wheels? I do a ton of riding where there is literally zero elevation. Most of the time, I'm riding with a group in a paceline, but do venture out solo quite often. It's also windy 90% of the time where I ride, but nothing too crazy. I'm also only 66kg (145lbs), but don't get too bothered by the winds. My current wheelset are the Rapide CLX version 1, no complaints with them, just itching for something new.

Cheers.

uppis

by uppis

Vuong05 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:45 pm
Leon wrote:
Vuong05 wrote:

Hi Leon, you are correct, OEM wheels don't come with the red "1100" decal. This is what the local DT Swiss distributor/brand rep said: "The difference between OEM and After-Market is the Decal color variation and there is no included accessories with the OEM such as tubeless valves, extra free hubs, etc…

Regarding the warranty coverage, because he is purchasing these second hand, the original sales receipt is needed in order for the warranty to apply.

As for the carbon Fair-share policy this is unfortunately non-transferable to second owner."

Does anyone have much experience with these ARC 1100 DB 80 wheels? I do a ton of riding where there is literally zero elevation. Most of the time, I'm riding with a group in a paceline, but do venture out solo quite often. It's also windy 90% of the time where I ride, but nothing too crazy. I'm also only 66kg (145lbs), but don't get too bothered by the winds. My current wheelset are the Rapide CLX version 1, no complaints with them, just itching for something new.

Cheers.
I got a pair just before winter, so I only had time to ride ARC 1100 80 DB for about 500km. Ran with latex tubes and 25mm GP5K. Compared to Rapide CL I with same tires and inner tubes ARC felt faster, little more sensitive to wind (wasn't that windy, maybe 5m/s and that was just fine). Otherwise pretty identical, rides were fastish, solo, on good tarmac, road bike. I'm 70kg or so. Next season plan to set them up tubeless.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

uppis wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:45 am
Vuong05 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:45 pm
Leon wrote:
Vuong05 wrote:

Cheers.
I got a pair just before winter, so I only had time to ride ARC 1100 80 DB for about 500km. Ran with latex tubes and 25mm GP5K. Compared to Rapide CL I with same tires and inner tubes ARC felt faster, little more sensitive to wind (wasn't that windy, maybe 5m/s and that was just fine). Otherwise pretty identical, rides were fastish, solo, on good tarmac, road bike. I'm 70kg or so. Next season plan to set them up tubeless.
That's good to hear, that it reacts in a similar way as the Rapides. My fear was that 80mm wheels will be too twitchy in the wind. I've narrowed my choices down to the ARC 1100 80 DB or Ascent Polaris 69 w/ DT 180 hubs (I plan to run both with latex tubes and GP5000 28C tires).

AscentBikes
in the industry

by AscentBikes

Vuong05, I'd be happy to answer your questions about the Polaris 69mm. Drop me a PM if you wish. I don't want to distract from this thread.

-QX

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Also - FWIW

The DT Swiss ceramic bearings last as super long. The regular ones do too, but the ceramics do also. I tried regreasing them, but it wasn't something you could really do.

The aero disc hubs are not as stiff as the regular ones. I couldn't run a light TA with them. You can feel and hear the difference.

Turrifik

by Turrifik

For those that are running 80mm, did DT or SwissSide include valve extenders?

Currently torn between going with 80/80 to chase KOM’s or 62.5/80 for daily riding. I’m 75kg and current Rapides wheels have never felt twitchy in crosswinds.

I’m also trying to find comparisons with Caden’s 80mm wheels, which are a bit narrower (28mm) and 200g lighter. Has anybody tried both?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djemz

by djemz

Are dt swiss wheels delivered with tubeless valves? Because I didn't receive them with my new canyon aeroad..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk