DT Swiss DICUT DB - New wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Turrifik

by Turrifik

When bought separately, DT says they come with tubeless valves. SwissSide says valve extenders are also included for the Hardon2’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WizzyBob

by WizzyBob

Could anybody confirm which size bearings the 240 exp hubs take? I'm lead to belive both the 240 and 180 exp require 6802 bearings, so I'd need to source 5 of these to replace the front and rear?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wwnero

by wwnero

Does anyone have information on the er 1400 dicut hub weights? I believe they're based on the 240 non exp hubs but with ceramic bearings. I'm trying to find the weight of these hubs or the weight of the non exp 240 hubs but can't seem to locate this info.
I'm looking to buy a used pair of these wheels for about $400 CAD. Will probably use it this year as my road wheels and then rebuild it with some light bicycle rims. Main issue would be ordering the special T shape spokes directly from DT.

Scania123

by Scania123

Anyone know a good way to tell when it's time to replace the SINC ceramic bearings? While brilliant they're not exactly cheap so I don't want to get new ones if it turns out there's little to no benefit.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Scania123 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:14 pm
Anyone know a good way to tell when it's time to replace the SINC ceramic bearings? While brilliant they're not exactly cheap so I don't want to get new ones if it turns out there's little to no benefit.
probably just when they get notchy. have to take the endcaps off and run them with your finger. i wouldn't spend on OEM bearings, would just go aftermarket. good japanese steel or if you're brave, chinese ceramic from boca bearing out of florida. i've had good luck with the bocas on road bikes, got a bad one that got pitted (albeit under too much preload...sometimes DT Swiss gets their seat depths wrong) on the rear DS of a MTB.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

I pulled the trigger on some Arc 1100 50s. 85kgs....wish me luck. i wanted to go with another set of cosmic SLR bc i love the tapeless FORE rims and the ratchet FH system that doesnt cover the DS bearing (meaning you can pull the bearing without a trip to the bench vise to back out the drive ring), but alas it seems Mavic support in USA is next to non-existent. It's a really good product, just...conservative.

so DTSwiss it is. I hope the NDS bearing doesn't walk like the MTB hub i had (literally no NDS bearing seat) and i hope theres no windup. i like they build with aerocomps on the DS side. stoked on the rim profile and stoked they didnt chase the 25ID bandwagon. looks a little like the Reynolds/LEW blacklable profile, but without quite so acute of an edge at the spoke bed.

Roel W

by Roel W

DT ER1400 and PR1400 are being outphased?
The wheels are no longer available on most webshops.
Is a successor coming up?

trackflack

by trackflack

Maybe just streamlining production

trackflack

by trackflack

But something new would be nice

Roel W

by Roel W

trackflack wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:09 pm
But something new would be nice
i don't see what can be improved:
DT240 hubs are a standard
24 DT Swiss spokes and nipples are also common
the rims of the ER1400 and PR1600 are low profile wide alloy rims; Not much to improve there.

NordicSal

by NordicSal

New alu wheels are up

wwnero

by wwnero

looks like the new er1400 dicut has gain about 100g (~1600g vs ~1500g) compared to the previous version. Also my understanding was the previous dicut version came with ceramic bearing (spline did not) vs the current dicut comes with steel bearings. Makes it a bit complicated because i thought "dicut" was how DT would let the consumer know it came with ceramic bearings

scapewalker

by scapewalker

Debating getting the Hadron 625 as Swisside has a solid discount going right now.
Any idea when these wheels will be updated again? Would be bummed if i start riding them next season and they get updated just a few months later.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

It's too bad there's no update to the rim brake OXIC wheels. The only 'new' rim brake offering is the P1800 which appears to use the old 18mm wide rim. I'm happy the OXICs haven't been completely phased out, but it would have been nice to see a refresh with wider rims on these otherwise brilliant wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ypuh

by Ypuh

How do I know if I have the EXP hubs? I've just purchased a brand new GRC 1400 wheelset, but it doesn't state EXP anywhere. Does DT still produce the older style 240 hubs and does this affect the freehub body required?

Also, I can't seem to find any CL lockrings. Aren't these included with the wheels? Neither are they included with the new AXS groupset's rotors.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg