DT Swiss DICUT DB - New wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Tofast

by Tofast

DOUG wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:11 pm
Ok so they finally, finally arrived! Got the tyres mounted up and took the bike a quick spin (about an hour) last night. First thoughts:

- Much stiffer than the MCFK on Extralite wheelset I have been running as a result much more direct doing sprint efforts. That was to be expected as these are deeper and wider so much better suited to racing. Still only about 200g heavier though so not that much of a weight penalty

- Maybe slightly less comfort over rough ground but that could just be in my head. The difference is negligable IMO so thats nice as I was concerned I would be giving up a lot more in terms of comfort.

- The DT 180 EXP hub is not as loud as I thought it would be, particulalrly at low speed. It has a pretty (very!) decent buzz once you get up over about 30km/h but below say about 25km/h its actually relatively quiet. I dont know if this is intentional from DT Swiss (or just because the grease in the ratchet is brand new) but I like it.

- Enagagement on the 180 Hub is excellent. Im pretty sure they come with the 36T ratchet which is plenty of POE, maybe Ill upgrade to the 54T when its available though just because :D

- Im running tubeless and the tape job is perfect. The tubeless valves that are shipped with the wheels are also top notch and the Vittoria Corsa TLR's went on by hand and inflated without any issues (although I am using a compressor so YMMV).

They also look great on the Tarmac which is probably the most important part :lol: . I will need to get some more time on them to really evaluate them properly but after the first ride I'm impressed.

Any update on how you find the wheels?
How wide are the rims, and the width of the tires when mounted?

davidesancho

by davidesancho

@Doug is so busy enjoying the wheelset! :-D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DOUG

by DOUG

Lol I've actually hardly done any outdoor riding because, in stark contrast to last summer in Australia, it hasn't stopped bloody raining! I have managed to squeeze in a few decent rides though and my initial impressions are confirmed. These spin up really nicely, are plenty stiff and handle very well in crosswind conditions. As mentioned above, I previously had a set of MCFK 38mm rims on Extralite hubs and while they were fine in gusty conditions I actually find the these are much better depsite their deeper profile. So basically it's win-win.

Are they heavier than my previous wheelset (1190g vs 1465)? Sure. But the additional stiffness and aero properties make them a much better performing wheelset IMO. They also look great if i do say so myself, Ill have to get some decent photo's and update the build thread but here's a quick dodgy one from my phone on a recent ride to give you an idea how they look on the Tarmac.

Tofast

by Tofast

Looks great! as i have a Tarmac Sl6 as well:)
But how wide are the rims and how wide are the tires on the rims? what tires do you use?

DOUG

by DOUG

Tofast wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:14 pm
Looks great! as i have a Tarmac Sl6 as well:)
But how wide are the rims and how wide are the tires on the rims? what tires do you use?
I just measured them and the rims are pretty well spot on 27mm and the tyres are 27.5mm @70psi. So a good match in terms of aero compatibility.

The tyres are 25mm Vittoria Corsa G2.0 TLR's. Ive been running them tubeless for a couple of years now, fantastic all round tryes not much to fault with them really.

hhp5711

by hhp5711

I'm seriously considering a pair of the exact same wheels, they look awesome 8) How about the Decals, are they protected behind a layer of lacquer..? I am a bit concerned that the white DT SWISS logos will turn grey as time goes by...

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

The decals are water slide ones. They will not come off and should be very robust. I used asetone and a lot of elbow grease to remove and replace mine.
Attachments
IMG_0717.jpg
Ride fast Take chances

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

Are those stickers Alexbn921? If so, why not just put them over existing decals?
Also, are those 25 or 28mm tires?

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

They are stickers. It's almost imposable to get them the exact perfect size and radius.
28mm tires! Will never run anything smaller.
Ride fast Take chances

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

I see, where did you get them, ebay?
What does the Pro Ones measure on the rims?

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

I made the PNG file and gave it to a local vinyl shop. Pro one measures 28.1mm on 19mm internal rim. They are smaller than the GP5000 tubeless. Those where closer to 30mm.

Here are the stock non warped template.
Attachments
dt-swiss-logo.png
LOG_DT_Swiss_Swiss_Side_short_black_large.png
Ride fast Take chances

kipers

by kipers

So, anyone tested 62 mm new ARCs in windy conditions yet?

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Good question, I’m contemplating 50/62 or 62/62

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

kipers wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:55 am
So, anyone tested 62 mm new ARCs in windy conditions yet?
I have the 80mm front wheel and it is fantastic in the wind... 62 should be fine! :thumbup:
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kipers

by kipers

FlatlandClimber wrote: I have the 80mm front wheel and it is fantastic in the wind... 62 should be fine! :thumbup:
Great news, thx! Can i ask for you weight for reference? Im 71 kg.