DT Swiss DICUT DB - New wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

ajcav86 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:02 pm
FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:29 pm
With 550ml Elite bottle it works for me. Heavier or stiffer bottles don't work so well.

I have already received my Wattshop extensions. Probably will put them on in two weeks or so.
From today's perspective, the Aerocoach Titanium ones are probably the most interesting the market has to offer.
It's the wattshop that dominated today's national 10 TTs in the U.K.. I'm curious, why spend so much money on wheels when surely some wind tunnel and aero testing on a velodrome would be far more useful?
How do aero wheels and wind tunnel testing contradict each other?
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

They don't contradict, it is more that it would seem a better use of funds to get you faster...
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I am training several hours each week in a position, that was dialed in, in the boardman performance Centre. I don't know how this Thread has turned into "aero wheels are not as important as position on the bike".
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

https://youtu.be/MYUFmq3LPss

The head of Swiss Side answering questions on the Hadron2 (basically the new DT Swiss Dicut).

My front wheel is great after a few rides. Rapid and stabil.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

jarm

by jarm

Has anyone tried the new ARC DB Aero+ wheels? I'm about to order Bora WTO 60s, but noticed the new ARCs are now available also.

DOUG

by DOUG

Bought a set of the ARC 1100 DICUT 50's last week, just waiting for them to arrive from Germany. Anyone had a chance to ride them yet? From the reviews I have read they seem like an exccelent all rounder with excellent aero, top tier hubs, 27mm outside width (perfect for 25mm tyres) and are as good as anything else on the market in crosswinds. DT have been a bit behind Roval and Bontrager in terms of weight and aero for their flagship models but the new ARC's seem to have really closed that gap.

jarm

by jarm

DOUG wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:28 am
Bought a set of the ARC 1100 DICUT 50's last week, just waiting for them to arrive from Germany. Anyone had a chance to ride them yet?
Have you tried them yet? Any first impressions? :)

DOUG

by DOUG

They haven't arrived just yet, tracking shows they left Frankfurt on Wednesday so they should be here sometime next week (im in Australia). So will be able to put some decent km's on them next weekend all going well.

DOUG

by DOUG

And still waiting. This is agonising. They have finally arrived in Australia and awaiting customs clearance in Melbourne (I'm in Sydney of course) so i guess we'll see how long that takes. Then they need to make their way up to Sydney so thatll be another few days.

At least theyre not available in stock from any local retailers that I've been able to find anyway, makes the wait slightly less excrutiating.

lukext

by lukext

DOUG wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:58 am
And still waiting...
Really keen to find out your opinion on these wheels! Please do report back on what you think!!! Fingers crossed they arrive soon :P

DOUG

by DOUG

Well after a week of sitting at customs doing nothing I got on the phone and filled out all the forms myself. Its now cleared so now I need to wait for Australia post to do their job, I have a feeling Ill be forcing the issue there as well. Now 5 weeks since it was picked up from r2 Bike by DHL. This is getting ridiculous!

DOUG

by DOUG

Ok so they finally, finally arrived! Got the tyres mounted up and took the bike a quick spin (about an hour) last night. First thoughts:

- Much stiffer than the MCFK on Extralite wheelset I have been running as a result much more direct doing sprint efforts. That was to be expected as these are deeper and wider so much better suited to racing. Still only about 200g heavier though so not that much of a weight penalty

- Maybe slightly less comfort over rough ground but that could just be in my head. The difference is negligable IMO so thats nice as I was concerned I would be giving up a lot more in terms of comfort.

- The DT 180 EXP hub is not as loud as I thought it would be, particulalrly at low speed. It has a pretty (very!) decent buzz once you get up over about 30km/h but below say about 25km/h its actually relatively quiet. I dont know if this is intentional from DT Swiss (or just because the grease in the ratchet is brand new) but I like it.

- Enagagement on the 180 Hub is excellent. Im pretty sure they come with the 36T ratchet which is plenty of POE, maybe Ill upgrade to the 54T when its available though just because :D

- Im running tubeless and the tape job is perfect. The tubeless valves that are shipped with the wheels are also top notch and the Vittoria Corsa TLR's went on by hand and inflated without any issues (although I am using a compressor so YMMV).

They also look great on the Tarmac which is probably the most important part :lol: . I will need to get some more time on them to really evaluate them properly but after the first ride I'm impressed.

Last edited by DOUG on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

lukext

by lukext

Good to hear Doug, thanks for reporting back! Keep us posted on how you get on longer term!

davidesancho

by davidesancho

DOUG wrote:Ok so they finally, finally arrived! Got the tyres mounted up and took the bike a quick spin (about an hour) last night. First thoughts:

- Much stiffer than the MCFK on Extralite wheelset I have been running as a result much more direct doing sprint efforts. That was to be expected as these are deeper and wider so much better suited to racing. Still only about 200g heavier though so not that much of a weight penalty

- Maybe slightly less comfort over rough ground but that could just be in my head. The difference is negligable IMO so thats nice as I was concerned I would be giving up a lot more in terms of comfort.

- The DT 180 EXP hub is not as loud as I thought it would be, particulalrly at low speed. It has a pretty (very!) decent buzz once you get up over about 30km/h but below say about 25km/h its actually relatively quiet. I dont know if this is intentional from DT Swiss (or just because the grease in the ratchet is brand new) but I like it.

- Enagagement on the 180 Hub is excellent. Im pretty sure they come with the 36T ratchet which is plenty of POE, maybe Ill upgrade to the 54T when its available though just because :D

- Im running tubeless and the tape job is perfect. The tubeless valves that are shipped with the wheels are also top notch and the Vittoria Corsa TLR's went on by hand and inflated without any issues (although I am using a compressor so YMMV).

They also look great on the Tarmac which is probably the most important part :lol: . I will need to get some more time on them to really evaluate them properly but after the first ride I'm impressed.

Hi! Good to see that you have got the wheels, could you please post some pics of your bike with these wheels on? I am going to buy them when available and would like to see. Could you please give some info about how them work with crosswinds? Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tofast

by Tofast

DOUG wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:11 pm
Ok so they finally, finally arrived! Got the tyres mounted up and took the bike a quick spin (about an hour) last night. First thoughts:

Thanks for reporting back😊

Did you measure the weight of the wheels before assembling the tires?

What tire dimension do you use and what do they measure to on the wheels? And what is the width of the rims in reality?