Veloflex enters the tubeless market

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
PinaRene

by PinaRene

I ride the Veloflex Corsa TLR 28mm ( not the race version ) on my Zipp 303S wheels and quite happy with them. Mounting and inflation was hard but not impossible. Tires seated with a CO2 canister, and a bit of soapy water. First setup with aprox 35ml of sealant wasn't enough, went empty after 2 days after the first ride and a few ml extra did the job well. I check the pressure before each ride.

They measure 29.2mm after a few weeks. They roll great, grip and cornering is superb so these are keepers, and ordered one extra tire in case of failure.

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:28 am
bobones wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:24 am
alanyu wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:37 pm
A quick question: the early vf tubeless was a nightmare to inflate. Have they improved it now or still the same as before?
They are one of the worst I have dealt with: I could only get them to inflate by partially seating the bead using a tube and then an airshot to finish them off. The fact that they sit flat and don't have a round shape until they're inflated contributes to the difficulty ime. They also weep sealant (and air) through the side walls so lose pressure relatively quickly.
And then on top of that the sidewalls are more fragile than what's offered by Vittoria and Challenge. I seriously don't get why anyone runs these tires. The Challenge Strada Pro are more supple IMO.
In case you want true tan walls, what is the best in the market? Never felt like Vittoria g2.0 TLR is worth it based on reviews and Challenge quite expensive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nixster

by Nixster

Just installed VFlex Race TLR 25mm on Bora WTO 45s.
Tyres went on by hand, with soapy water they seated with CO2. Sealed with a generous helping of Stans regular, one took a while to get there but holding pressure now.
And they were half the price of Conti 5000 TR, not that I could actually buy those anywhere, so worth trying I thought.

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

Ok, sp this is the rear tyre. Normal or should I ask Bike24 for refund?

PS: Abything on the market that is as grippy as these? Similar suppleness and speed? Mainly the grip - I push when descending, very on the limit of the tires.

Thanks!
Attachments
3FC538BC-FD06-4B2E-8E4D-78DEC3D24FD6.jpeg

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Strange bump in the tire ... I would ask for a replacement, or refund.

petromyzon

by petromyzon

GorrGrimWolf wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:52 pm
Ok, sp this is the rear tyre. Normal or should I ask Bike24 for refund?

PS: Abything on the market that is as grippy as these? Similar suppleness and speed? Mainly the grip - I push when descending, very on the limit of the tires.

Thanks!
Try Turbo Cottons or RapidAirs. My impression is that Specialized have chosen a different tradeoff between grip and speed when compared to other brands. Some limited confirmation from the BicycleRollingResistance data.

bobinski

by bobinski

Anyone running the Silca sealant with Veloflex Corsa's? I have 2 if the tyres on order and was going to order some joe's. Veloflex say they have not tested the tyres with the Silca.
I have run tubeless for 4y and it holds no fears for me but want to get the sealant right.
Cheers

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

bobinski wrote:Anyone running the Silca sealant with Veloflex Corsa's? I have 2 if the tyres on order and was going to order some joe's. Veloflex say they have not tested the tyres with the Silca.
I have run tubeless for 4y and it holds no fears for me but want to get the sealant right.
Cheers
Then why not use sealant Veloflex have verified is compatible with their tyres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Veloflex Corsa TLR are the only tubeless road race tires I've used where the sidewalls would get sticky from Orange Seal seeping through. They'd also get extremely dirty due to that damp stickiness. Can't imagine how damp they'd be if I used something like Bontrager TLR with its propensity for seepage and heavy dose of blue dye too. The nude version would probably turn grayish blue in short order.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

TobinHatesYou wrote:Veloflex Corsa TLR are the only tubeless road race tires I've used where the sidewalls would get sticky from Orange Seal seeping through. They'd also get extremely dirty due to that damp stickiness. Can't imagine how damp they'd be if I used something like Bontrager TLR with its propensity for seepage and heavy dose of blue dye too. The nude version would probably turn grayish blue in short order.
I’ve been using Mavic sealant with nary a single issue.

bobinski

by bobinski

Hi, did anyone manage to get the 25mm to mount on Hunt 21mm infernal rims? I couldn't get the 28mm versions and try as I might they just won't seat even with an air compressor. I have been running tubeless for years and managed to mount many tyres but after 3hr I fear I have bought the wrong sise tyre :cry:

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

bobinski wrote:Hi, did anyone manage to get the 25mm to mount on Hunt 21mm infernal rims? I couldn't get the 28mm versions and try as I might they just won't seat even with an air compressor. I have been running tubeless for years and managed to mount many tyres but after 3hr I fear I have bought the wrong sise tyre :cry:
Tyres are probably objecting to being fitted to Hunts!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

bobinski wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:46 pm
Hi, did anyone manage to get the 25mm to mount on Hunt 21mm infernal rims? I couldn't get the 28mm versions and try as I might they just won't seat even with an air compressor. I have been running tubeless for years and managed to mount many tyres but after 3hr I fear I have bought the wrong sise tyre :cry:
Grip/cup the tire at the valve stem so it takes a rounder shape and so the bead gets pressed into the channel. Are you removing the valve stem? Some compressors can’t move as much air as others. Some valve stems have narrower apertures as well.

Elmersen

by Elmersen

bobinski wrote:
I had no trouble seating my Race 25s on my 21 ID Scribes with a compressor. Nor was it hard getting them on by hand, but I could just not seat them with my track pump. They seaped a little bit when pumping them up initially, but stopped after just a few seconds. No issues after that, so I'm really happy with them. They measure just shy of 27 mm after a couple of short spins.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobinski

by bobinski

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:50 am
bobinski wrote:

Grip/cup the tire at the valve stem so it takes a rounder shape and so the bead gets pressed into the channel. Are you removing the valve stem? Some compressors can’t move as much air as others. Some valve stems have narrower apertures as well.
I am using the newer muc off tubeless valves and removing the core so should be fine. A bit of progress in that removed and re applied tyres after adding another layer of tape and they went on a bit easier this time. Air shot and they popped on but let air out quickish from the sides. Added joes and air shot again and a little leakage and gradually lose air. I have added some more sealant and spun them a few more times and will leave them for a few hours before I add air. Fingers crossed.

Edit: both holding air at 70ish psi. Any more than that and I seem to have leakage through spoke holes :( Despite 2 layers of tape.