FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Turrifik

by Turrifik

timmerrr wrote:Been riding Feder 35s with RD230 Hubs for about 5 months now. Front wheel bearings are completely shot. Probably 4000 miles and only 1 ride in the rain. They have play in them and the balls have disintegrated. Kinda disappointed, but not surpised. Probably cheap bearings with no external bearing covers.
Sorry to hear that. I probably have close to that mileage and they’re ok so far, but I have been wondering how long the bearings will last. I put a water repelling grease on the exposed side of the bearings just in case

Might buy a spare bearing set from Farsports, or upgrade to NTN bearings, which I’ve heard some people do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiz92

by tiz92

I have similar km on my rd230 hubs and bearings seem still fine although I think I will also replace them during the winter with some low friction NTN bearings. I use my set only for racing. Do you know if its difficult to remove bearings from the rd230 hub?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timmerrr

by timmerrr

Brought the the wheel to the LBS and they are indeed toast. Should be easy to remove the bearings. They ordered some stainless bearings and I will be putting some water repelling grease on the outside after I get the wheel back.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

Turrifik

by Turrifik

timmerrr wrote:Brought the the wheel to the LBS and they are indeed toast. Should be easy to remove the bearings. They ordered some stainless bearings and I will be putting some water repelling grease on the outside after I get the wheel back.
Good luck. If you can, let us know which bearings they install and how the hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tritiltheend

by tritiltheend

Had my Carbon-ti rear hub fail today, one of the non-drive side hubs failed. This is on a Feder wheelset in service for 22 months but with no crashes or unusual stresses. I weigh 168 pounds.

Contacted Farsports and waiting for an answer.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Ccare to post a photo? Did the flange crack around a spoke head?

You'll probably do better contacting Carbon Ti.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

velomane

by velomane

I received a set of Feder's a couple weeks ago with the DT Swiss 180 EXP hubs. Were the rotor lock rings supposed to be included? If not, are they a separate purchase when building a disc bike?

Aesch

by Aesch

velomane wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:53 pm
I received a set of Feder's a couple weeks ago with the DT Swiss 180 EXP hubs. Were the rotor lock rings supposed to be included? If not, are they a separate purchase when building a disc bike?
Not included usually. Shimano includes them with the rotor, other companies usually don't.

velomane

by velomane

Aesch wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:14 pm
velomane wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:53 pm
Not included usually. Shimano includes them with the rotor, other companies usually don't.
Damn! So two little lock rings are keeping me from enjoying my new toy.

tiz92

by tiz92

timmerrr wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:37 pm
Brought the the wheel to the LBS and they are indeed toast. Should be easy to remove the bearings. They ordered some stainless bearings and I will be putting some water repelling grease on the outside after I get the wheel back.
Was your lbs able to replace them easily? Over the winter Im thinking of chagning my bearings for some quality NTN or SFK bearings for next race season.

timmerrr

by timmerrr

tiz92 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:31 am
timmerrr wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:37 pm
Was your lbs able to replace them easily? Over the winter Im thinking of chagning my bearings for some quality NTN or SFK bearings for next race season.
Yup, with no bearing caps or anything, it's pretty easy to push out the 2 bearings and replace. Probably a 20 minute job at worst
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

uilewuit

by uilewuit

not sure if this question has already been asked:
when comparing all of the offerings Farsports has, why would you buy anything but the gravel wheels?
if you put price and specs side by side, the gravel wheels come out lighter, wider, deeper and cheaper than any of the road offerings.
Is there something obvious I am missing here?
attached a comparison I made with a dt240 hub
Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 11.20.53.png

velomane

by velomane

I'd think the internal width of the gravel rims to be too big for road tire.

uilewuit

by uilewuit

velomane wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:56 pm
I'd think the internal width of the gravel rims to be too big for road tire.
according to Schwalbe it is ok to do so starting at 28mm
Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 15.54.25.png

martocom

by martocom

I would say 24 int with a 30 ext is pretty much perfect for 28s.
I'm likely to go with the 50mm deep gravel wheels for my new build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com