The CAAD Build Thread...

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
SixThirteen
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:49 am

by SixThirteen

Don't post very often, but I do like my CAAD9

Full DA7900 except the chainset

About 7.4kg with the commuter / hubbardry / fred gear

About 7.0kg clean.

Image

eggleston
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:50 am

by eggleston

Image
Image

Frame: 2012 CAAD10 54cm
Wheelset: 2009 Campagnolo Eurus
Handlebar: Bontrager XXX Intergrated
Crankset: 2009 Campagnolo Chorus
Seat Post: Deda Superleggero
Saddle: Fizik Volta R1
Pedals: Speedplay Stainless
Shifters: Sram Force 10s
Front Derailer: Sram Red 10s
Rear Derailer: Sram Rival 10s
Brakes: Sram Rival 10s
Cassette: Sram Red 10s
Chainring: Sram 10s
Tires: Veloflex Corsa 23c

Finished in 6.9kg, custom painting for frame, Handlebar and seatpost.

258666961_副本.jpg

1260755658.jpg

rukomasa
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:18 am

by rukomasa

Hi, I am a new CAAD user, just got CAAD12/2016/54cm. Just wondering if anybody has the same issue i have.

I am using shimano 5800 105 11spd and cant get satisfied with B tension properly.

If i make it strong enough to not rubbing chain with small/small cogs, shifting is not so good at outter ring+lower three rears. if i set to weak enough for large front, pully rubbs at lowest gear with small front.

I assume the reason is the RD cable housing. does anybody have a bright idea?

i was running 11/28+50/34

Tapatalk を使用して私の SOL26 から送信
Image

garjo
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:41 pm
Location: ITALY

by garjo

rukomasa wrote:Hi, I am a new CAAD user, just got CAAD12/2016/54cm. Just wondering if anybody has the same issue i have.

I am using shimano 5800 105 11spd and cant get satisfied with B tension properly.

If i make it strong enough to not rubbing chain with small/small cogs, shifting is not so good at outter ring+lower three rears. if i set to weak enough for large front, pully rubbs at lowest gear with small front.

I assume the reason is the RD cable housing. does anybody have a bright idea?

i was running 11/28+50/34

Tapatalk を使用して私の SOL26 から送信
Image


in my opinion it appears to have a too short RD cable, compare it with that red caad12 posted above in this page
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

rukomasa
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:18 am

by rukomasa

garjo wrote:
in my opinion it appears to have a too short RD cable, compare it with that red caad12 posted above in this page


Thank you garjo! I just tried an inch longer. Much better now.

Image

Tapatalk を使用して私の SOL26 から送信

angryfrank
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:29 pm

by angryfrank

proud owner of CAAD12 Dura-ace Disc 2016.

I have one question I have been searching high and low for a carbon 0 set back seatpost (25.4mm) and cannot find anyone that makes one, does anyone know of a one off hand?

cheers

Peeza21
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:00 pm

by Peeza21

angryfrank wrote:proud owner of CAAD12 Dura-ace Disc 2016.

I have one question I have been searching high and low for a carbon 0 set back seatpost (25.4mm) and cannot find anyone that makes one, does anyone know of a one off hand?

cheers


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hylix-Carbon- ... CzZl6RzJlg

Super light and work well, I have one on my caad12
Cannondale Supersix Evo HiMod 2012 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=148290

Cannondale Caad12 2017 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=143217&p=1389852#p1389852

Hazzles
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:50 am
Location: London

by Hazzles

Image
Image

Trying out some Vittoria Corsa G+ tyres at the moment, impressed so far.


prebsy
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:52 pm
Location: PHL

by prebsy

Drilled my old caad10 frame for di2, still need to get the cockpit cleaned upImage

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

gtinut
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:04 pm

by gtinut

do you have close up pictures of the holes?

prebsy
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:52 pm
Location: PHL

by prebsy

They are plugged up now but they are 1/4 inch and mimic the location from the old black inc di2 frame. It was shockingly straightforward.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

proudCAAD12
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 4:43 am
Location: Iowa City, IA

by proudCAAD12

angryfrank wrote:proud owner of CAAD12 Dura-ace Disc 2016.

I have one question I have been searching high and low for a carbon 0 set back seatpost (25.4mm) and cannot find anyone that makes one, does anyone know of a one off hand?

cheers


I just picked up a Cannondale C2 25.4mm (350mm) 15 mm offset that is about 54 grams lighter than the stock C3 alloy seat post. The new seat post has plenty of room to chop off so I'm hoping to save another 80 grams or so. I paid $79.99 from Bicyclebuys.com

The new c2 post weighed 249.48 grams on my scale and the old C3 weighed 303.34

I do have a question though. The stem doesn't look carbon, but the packaging says it is. Does it just not look like "typical" carbon because it's Unidirectional carbon? I'd like to know for sure before I send it back or keep it and chop it.

Here is a link to a FSA zero offset 25.4mm http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/p-4389 ... oCEjrw_wcB that claims weight at 197 g for 350mm

Thanks in advance!
2017 Cannondale CAAD12
2005 Trek 7.4
Oldie Dahon Boardwalk

r33prman
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 pm

by r33prman

Posted in the cannondale thread but needs to be here too.

Caad12 58cm
Zipp 404 vittoria corsa 25c
Sram red 22 with bespoke chainrings
Deda zero100 bars and stem
Cannondale c2 carbon post
Pro stealth saddle
Carbonworks bidon cages.

Comes in at 7.12kgs.

Needs a lighter seatpost I reckon. Recommendations?

Image

jinnie799
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:33 pm

by jinnie799

is this 2017 caad12? if so, this frame use 25.4mm seatpost. I recommend MCFK, ENVE, or Cannondale speed save seatpost.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post