The CAAD Build Thread...

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

young

by young

love that silver/grey with yellow accents!

Alumen

by Alumen

2019 CAAD 13 with new tyres (Schwalbe Pro One Tube Type, since I am still riding the stock Maddux wheels).
CAAD 13 Disc
CAAD 10 2015 R.I.P.
Kona Kahuna

28, the real 25

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Edd11

by Edd11

Where did you get the bottle cages, they look really nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Alumen

by Alumen

Edd11 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:34 pm

They really look nice indeed and they are very convenient in their usage.

They came with my bike from the LBS, it concerns the Elite Custom Race bottle cage. Elite sells many variaties of them, have a look on the www....
CAAD 13 Disc
CAAD 10 2015 R.I.P.
Kona Kahuna

28, the real 25

okimy

by okimy

Edd11 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:34 pm

They're Elite Custom Race Plus. The Elite Vico Carbon is their lighter counterpart.

ierdelyi

by ierdelyi

They're not weight weenie, but I got new wheels. H+Son TB14s, for training.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Oh very nice, so nice it could be mine :D

I have about the same drop, same bars, same saddle and fast the same box rims.

Great taste lol!!

alpinestar

by alpinestar

In the spring of 2020 i got a great deal on a mini R8000 groupset. So spent a bit of time stripping the caad 10 down, and getting it back on the road for the Scandinavian fall/winter. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ierdelyi

by ierdelyi

chuingbeans wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:21 am
chuingbeans wrote:Hello. This is my trusty CAAD from the Western suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.

Currently sitting at 8.6kg as pictured, though looking to change a few things and bringing that number down to the mid 7kgs. Ditching the SRAM GXP cranks and Praxis conversion BB should free up a bit of weight.
Above the bike weighed 7.95kg without the framepump, light and Garmin.

Since then I’ve moved on from Force 10-speed to Force 11-speed, swapping some other things at the same time.

Now weighs in at 6.95kg. So close...

I know this post was a while ago but what stem and bars are those? Really dig everything going on in the cockpit

chuingbeans

by chuingbeans

ierdelyi wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:58 am
chuingbeans wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:21 am
Now weighs in at 6.95kg. So close...

I know this post was a while ago but what stem and bars are those? Really dig everything going on in the cockpit
3T stem and 3T Rotundo bars.Have since moved to 3T Tornova bars for flatter transition to the hoods and bring relief to my aging back.

mcal8055

by mcal8055

Just finished up my CAAD10. Went with 1x and a wide enough gear range to handle the climbs here in Utah.

Still looking to cut some weight - especially since there's not a good aftermarket replacement for the fork. Anyone else have the numbers on how much the fork paint weighs?
Attachments
CAAD10 DS.jpg

chuingbeans

by chuingbeans

Moved onto a CAAD12. 6.8kg including saddle roll, empty bidon and Garmin 510.
mcal8055 wrote:Still looking to cut some weight - especially since there's not a good aftermarket replacement for the fork. Anyone else have the numbers on how much the fork paint weighs?
Not after market but I’m running a rim brake Izalco Max fork (sub 300g) which has the same 1-1/8” to 1-1/4” tapered steerer.

mcal8055

by mcal8055

chuingbeans wrote:Image

Moved onto a CAAD12. 6.8kg including saddle roll, empty bidon and Garmin 510.
mcal8055 wrote:Still looking to cut some weight - especially since there's not a good aftermarket replacement for the fork. Anyone else have the numbers on how much the fork paint weighs?
Not after market but I’m running a rim brake Izalco Max fork (sub 300g) which has the same 1-1/8” to 1-1/4” tapered steerer.
Did that noticeably change the handling? The CAAD forks achieved their rake at the dropouts (thanks for being different Cannondale).

chuingbeans

by chuingbeans

mcal8055 wrote:[
Did that noticeably change the handling? The CAAD forks achieved their rake at the dropouts (thanks for being different Cannondale).

Looking at the geometry charts there’s a 2mm difference in rake. 43mm vs the CAAD’s 45mm.

Compared to my CAAD10 and the factory fork, it’s a little faster steering but not twitchy.

mythical

by mythical

Here's my 54cm CAAD12 I've had for a few years now. Given the green accents of the decals, I matched the cables and Speedplay Zero pedals as well, the latter tuned with all ti parts by Toronto Cycles. Green bar tape was bought but turned out to be a bit much.
The stem is a Wert prototype 130mm weighing 82 grams and QR's are prototype Wert QR's weighin 28 gram the pair. I may mount some 3D printed titanium Wert crankset prototypes once I got the arm manufacturing sorted. The black eebrakes I bought for it were sold on without ever mounting them.
I thought about a white B.People Unica saddle but still had a Selle Italia carbon with ti rails lying around, so used that one. The pictured wheels are tubular Edco Umbrial Lights, whose rims are actually Reynolds 46 Aero's, and I also have a clincher/tubeless ready set with Bitex hubs laced with Sapim CX-Rays and Conti GP's on Pacenti SL rims. Never weighed the bike but it's pretty light, and probably UCI illegal.
I religiously am against cleaning my bike, and since discovered another person who has the same policy and who goes by the name of Tom Ritchey.
Once, it had an Ultegra FD, but that one broke so I replaced the front chainrings with a 1X 48T from Garbaruk. Never looked back since.
Rico CAAD12.jpeg
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com