Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Something just appeared in the back of my van..

At 188cm UCI regs kill most of the creativity with fit so changing stems really isnt an issue. It's basically 50mm of saddle set back with as much reach as possible and dial in the stack till things stop hurting/robbing power haha.

Front brake issue should be workable with some creative cable routing. Will pinch the base bar off the DA3 and use these extensions. Have some deep arm cups coming that were going on the other halfs Plazma but managed to score her some 51ss cups so I'll pinch those :) Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The Felt bar doesn't fit :( clamping area is only 37-38mm wide and the Focus clamp is about 42mm.

ImageImage

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:29 pm
It is also important to note that simply having a deep tubing section doesn't men the bike is MORE aero... in a track setting, super deep tube profiles might be faster, but out on the open road, tube shapes are much more important and going super deep only helps in certain wind conditions and really hurts in others... and also makes the bike harder to ride.
Actually it isn't tube shapes so much as frontal area that's important. Elements of the bike frame and bars are in the sub critical Re# zone where deeper aspect ratios have some benefit, but not a lot. In theory Kamm profiles should be best if you are unable to have at least a 6:1 aspect. High yaws (where deep aspects might be undesirable) will rarely occur in a TT.

I think the P5-6 fork would be legal now since the blades are just under 80mm deep. The fairings that go around the brake and front of the headtube would not be legal though, because the headtube is already near the 160mm limit.
formerly rruff...

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The issue with the P5-6 is that apparently the fork can be hit or miss on passing the box limits.

Using Tapatalk

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

Right, the fork from the crown down will not fit in a 80mm box because the blades are offset forward.
formerly rruff...

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

P1 in 2018 may have still had the "UCI Legal" fork, but for 2019, the option only deals with the cockpit. Additionally, if you look at TFS photos dating back as far as 2017, you see that they're using the wider triathlon fork, rather than the narrower "UCI" fork. The speedfin is, however, still verbotten in the UCI.

My understanding is that "off the shelf" Speed Concepts were all non-UCI models. The tri marketplace is far more important to Trek than the limited UCI-legal market. To get a UCI legal version of the Speed Concept, you had to order a P1 (9-series, only - and now there's no 7-series SC's).
Madone 9 https://goo.gl/7UwZpV
Crockett https://goo.gl/f5PdCN
Madone 5 https://goo.gl/cMdyFo

Madone 4, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Need to drop 5mm of stack when I find the box of spacers to account for the wedges but the better halfs rig is finally nearing completion.

Mine should have a Vola base bar by the end of the weekend to finish it up parts wise then may look at getting the frame drilled to hide the Di2 completely. Image

Using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

No bell for racing and need to trim the bridge down when my new arm cups arrive but I think this is as tidy as it will get with the Vola bar without drilling the frame. May try jagwire links for the rear brake cable. Image

https://giphy.com/gifs/3FiOJkXBp1gDDVejFx

Using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Broke it in with a PB time and .IF at Calga with plenty of wind and some rain. Knocked some big time off a few segments so something must be working. Image
Using Tapatalk

chefczyk

by chefczyk

ImageUntitled by peterszew, on Flickr

jorryt

by jorryt

Why are those trinity's so goddamn hot!

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Aerohead acquired Image
Using Tapatalk

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Have you considered a modified swimming cap for the beard :wink: (‘cos your position looks damn good there!)

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Na it's a natural fairing for the arms haha.

The field of veiw is heaps better with the Aerohead, I'd have almost been looking at the floor with the S-Works helmet at that head height, it will probably live in a shelf now.
Using Tapatalk

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

First 40km in a while. Happy with the average speed and power. 52.47 for the ride which was enough for a silver. Not too bad speed wise on this awful road they insist on using.

by Weenie