Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jman

by Jman

Ok, another attempt to hide the blipbox:

I think this is best I cand do without modding the frame or getting so long wires that I can hide it in saddle or something.

When browsing the net I bumped to this project, where the guy was using the blipbox as only switching device and had mounted it at the end of one extension. No wires required.:)

http://www.tririg.com/articles.php?id=2 ... Tap_Review

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

that USPS bike yuck, well executed, but not my cup of tea

Jman

by Jman

Mine either. Liked just the execution.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Stoo, which Endura skinsuit are you using?

Stoo

by Stoo

mrlobber wrote:Stoo, which Endura skinsuit are you using?

Drag2Zero Encapsulator
'18 Giant Trinity Pro TT - DA9070 - Rotor 3D+ P2Max - Zipp 900T/HED Jet 9+
'18 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 - R8000 - QuarQ DZero - SLR1
'16 Genesis Equilibrium - U6800 - FSA SRM - WH6800
'13 Giant Trinity Composite - U6800 - QuarQ DZero

caddis

by caddis

^^ I think it's far better now. USPS looks neat, if only SRAM could make smaller Blip Box, or do something like in USPS bike, implement the power and electronix to bar end shifters and run the wires from brakes there...

Jman

by Jman

caddis wrote:^^ I think it's far better now. USPS looks neat, if only SRAM could make smaller Blip Box, or do something like in USPS bike, implement the power and electronix to bar end shifters and run the wires from brakes there...

I wish they would make version that would be built-in to bar end shifter.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Jman wrote:
caddis wrote:^^ I think it's far better now. USPS looks neat, if only SRAM could make smaller Blip Box, or do something like in USPS bike, implement the power and electronix to bar end shifters and run the wires from brakes there...

i'm getting these printed and will test pilot these for the greater good of us etap owners ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jman

by Jman

nathanong87 wrote:
Jman wrote:

i'm getting these printed and will test pilot these for the greater good of us etap owners ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now I'm interested! How would that work?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

blip is mounted on that little ledge thing. and this was drafted up to used a m10 nut and standard wedge from shimano bar ends i had laying around..... i have no idea if this will work and if the cut outs for the cable will be a guide (i'm thinking not) BUT, i wanted something to extend length of extensions.....

the blip grips i bought, were so underwhelming.

also the end of these grips, can take a standard bar end plug, so u can (potentially) get curved ones or something to cap this thing off.

i'm just curious if these will work.... will report back later

Jman

by Jman

Well I think those SRAM Clics are super clean and wires are easily routed inside extensions all the way.

What would be interesting, would be disassemble blipbox and fit all the internals to custom bar end plug. Or create custom bar end plug where you could attach blipbox.

I could live without brake handle shifters now when I'm running 1x setup to be able to go completely wireless.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Had my own fastest ever (which, of course, is nowhere fast on absolute terms) TT yesterday - 3 laps on a local racetrack, slightly more than 10 miles, 43.7 kph @ mediocre 280W, 1:45 behind the 1st place guy. Not sure if there are low hanging aero fruits for me to grab left.
Attachments
TT - O.jpg

JHeiro

by JHeiro

I have an aero session coming up, so there might be some minor position tweaks. Feeling quite good already!

Grill

by Grill

mrlobber wrote:Had my own fastest ever (which, of course, is nowhere fast on absolute terms) TT yesterday - 3 laps on a local racetrack, slightly more than 10 miles, 43.7 kph @ mediocre 280W, 1:45 behind the 1st place guy. Not sure if there are low hanging aero fruits for me to grab left.

Skinsuit is the most obvious. And ditch the bottle.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

mrlobber wrote:Had my own fastest ever (which, of course, is nowhere fast on absolute terms) TT yesterday - 3 laps on a local racetrack, slightly more than 10 miles, 43.7 kph @ mediocre 280W, 1:45 behind the 1st place guy. Not sure if there are low hanging aero fruits for me to grab left.

looks like u already have the shark faceplate stem, no more fruit low hanging.