Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Along with another TT build, which is still in progress, decided to try something not-so-popular around - Cube Aerium SLT. The frameset is totally cheap compared to all other superbikes out there - you get everything except saddle, cranks, shifting and wheels - it comes even with a preinstalled Di2 wire in the downtube :shock: The only minor complaints while building it are:

1) after you install the BB, if you want to change something with DI, you have to remove the BB first
2) to raise / lower extensions is a pain in the ass. Then again, they provide up to 15 degree angle right away, which is rare among fully integrated bikes.

My previous TT machine did not have any extension angle change possibilities, so at the moment I've got no idea where my position will end, so the current angle is set up to provide maximal mantis the bike allows.

This one has also front hydration and bento box - similar in appearance to Canyon CF SLX, probably manufactured by the same company - Profile Design, not shown in pics here, though.

Weight as pictured is right at 9.0kg

Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

jorryt

by jorryt

Looks great!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

very nice!

dominikk

by dominikk

Wonderful!
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!

ADW1

by ADW1

Been following thisthread for a while and really impressed with the bikes and advice given.
Just ordered a Giant Trinity Advanced Pro TT frameset and looking at Ultegra di2.
Looking to put shimano brake levers with 2 button option and 2 button shifting on extensions.
Could someone povide me with the correct parts required to complete. E.g battery type, cables required, junction box, charger etc.?
Thanks in advance
Alan

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

2 button on the bars is 9071 or 6871(ultegra) .. extensions you only need 1 button to control rear der..

all the new DA Stuff is 1 button.. I too prefer the older and use 9071.

you can go to shimano homepage and look up install directions... all the part numbers are there.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

jekyll man

by jekyll man

ADW1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:01 pm
Been following thisthread for a while and really impressed with the bikes and advice given.
Just ordered a Giant Trinity Advanced Pro TT frameset and looking at Ultegra di2.
Looking to put shimano brake levers with 2 button option and 2 button shifting on extensions.
Could someone povide me with the correct parts required to complete. E.g battery type, cables required, junction box, charger etc.?
Thanks in advance
Alan
Cant help you with specific cable lengths, and also where you are planning to mount your A junction box, but this should be your first port of call:
https://carltonbale.com/shimano-di2-eve ... d-to-know/
Official cafe stop tester

ADW1

by ADW1

Thanks for the responses. Based on links etc i'll probably go with the following

Brake lever/shifter - Shimano Ultegra Di2 ST-6871
Extension shifters Shimano Ultegra E-Tube SW-R671
Hopefully these are compatible with the items below?

This should cover, battery, charger, cables, junction boxes etc.
https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shi ... ant-688409

Scope of delivery - Ultegra Di2 R8050 Electric-Kit 5-Port internal SS variant
◦Ultegra 11-speed Di2 Rear Derailleur RD-R8050 SS
◦Ultegra 2x11-speed Di2 Front Derailleur FD-R8050 Braze On
◦Di2 Battery BT-DN110 (For built-in installation in the frame or seat post)
◦Di2 Battery Charger SM-BCR2 for Battery SM-BTR2 + BT-DN110
◦Di2 Junction 5 Ports SM-EW90-B
◦Di2 Junction SM-JC41 internal
◦Di2 Electric Wire EW-SD50 Set (1x1200mm / 1x750mm / 1x650mm / 2x350mm / 1x300mm)
◦Di2 Wire Holders EW-SD50 (20 pieces)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

jekyll man wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:47 pm
Shrike wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 am
What wind speed would you consider too blowy for an 80? Just picked up an 808 front, but won't be able to test it for a while. Used a 404 on the road bike in anything up to 19mph before (not that I'd advise it).

Was thinking the 808 could be for sub 10mph wind days.
It depends more on what you are using on the back; ie it should be a greater depth than the front.
Running a pair of similar height wheels can cause buffeting of the front more than the depth being the reason.

Also how your front wheel interacts with the fork and affects it stalling is a contributory factor,
Sorry JM, but your rear is of little consequence as your backside weighs it down. There's also no discernable stall affect due to fork and wheel combo, given the speeds we move at.

Shrike, best way to get more comfortable is to train on it. Especially on windy days. I remember taking my HED trispoke out on a 50km/k+ day to see how it handles. At full cross wind (heading south, wind from the west) it was pretty frightening :lol: but at least then I knew how bad it would have to be for me to not run it. And still got the experience of wrestling it home.
The more you train and race in windy conditions with deep wheels the more comfortable it becomes. I too used to have the issue with trucks. But now am locking in on the skis so just keep on pushing along as they pass.

jorryt

by jorryt

Just bought myself a second-hand Focus Chrono Milram frameset. Setting it up with 1x10 mechanical and a hed three spoke and pro disk wheel. I am in a budget so it won't be light or on the level of the other bikes here. However I like it and it fits.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Focus Chrono in Milram colours will be great. From memory the frame was designed by Andreas Walser and similar to his frames.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

What do people know about grip tape now being (apparently) banned by the UCI? I was forced to remove mine pre Nationals TT week before last. Obviously being in a skinsuit meant I did not have the rule book handy. However at no point did I read about grip tape now being illegal.

Thankfully had gloves, as both base bar and aero extensions were nice and smooth for my sweat to pour all over.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 am
What do people know about grip tape now being (apparently) banned by the UCI? I was forced to remove mine pre Nationals TT week before last. Obviously being in a skinsuit meant I did not have the rule book handy. However at no point did I read about grip tape now being illegal.

Thankfully had gloves, as both base bar and aero extensions were nice and smooth for my sweat to pour all over.
Interesting, first I've heard of this. Raced nationals (NZ) wilth obvious tape on extensions and base bar and not a word. Thy spent most of the time looking at my arm pad to extension height.

TiCass

by TiCass

I believe grip tape is banned on saddle because that would be a modification of equipment. Tony Martin can get away with that because its sew permanently by Fizik, so it's not modified anymore.

Never hear of banning grip tape on bar, its expected to be that way.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I'd certainly never heard of it either - until 10 minutes before my start.

Bravo Aussie UCI officials.