Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

quadzilla wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm
Great power and speed Rich. solid effort. Whats the (east coast?) racing scene like? Your effort was super strong but on the west coast at my local 10 mile tt the top 5 guys are averaging 360+ watts with many over 6w/kg for 20 mins. some of the fastest official times there have been guys doing over 400 watts. I'm also asking about the racing scene because I might go to college on the east coast and just want to know how it is. not saying one or another is better or easier, just genuinely interested.
Except by any definition east coast is easier. Watts don't lie.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

Stoo wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Both have ridden the Giro d’Italia.
Both rode a UCI legal set up.

Just worth noting.

Stoo

by Stoo

MarkTwain wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:23 am
Stoo wrote:

Just worth noting.
Cool story bro.

Alex - yes.
Marcin - no.

Just worth noting...
'18 Giant Trinity Pro TT - DA9070 - QuarQ DZero - HED Jet 9+/JET+ Disc3
'18 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 - R8000 - QuarQ DZero - SLR1
'16 Genesis Equilibrium - U6800 - FSA SRM - WH6800
'13 Giant Trinity Composite - U6870 - QuarQ DZero

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Popcorn.gif

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

Stoo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:29 pm
MarkTwain wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:23 am
Stoo wrote:

Just worth noting.
Cool story bro.

Alex - yes.
Marcin - no.

Just worth noting...
It's a very cool story. Bro. You're not comparing apples to apples with regards to Alex for starters. And keen to know what exactly was illegal with Marcin? His set up is still nothing on yours with regards to how close to UCI legal.

Stoo

by Stoo

Of course I'm not comparing apples for apples. Those two guys are professional athletes... :roll:

I train <8 hrs a week and have a full time job!

When Marcin set the 25mi Competition Record, his position had his hands in an almost identical position to mine. High. Outside the +10cm above the centre of the pad measurement.

Besides, what's your point?
'18 Giant Trinity Pro TT - DA9070 - QuarQ DZero - HED Jet 9+/JET+ Disc3
'18 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 - R8000 - QuarQ DZero - SLR1
'16 Genesis Equilibrium - U6800 - FSA SRM - WH6800
'13 Giant Trinity Composite - U6870 - QuarQ DZero

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Stoo... don't let Mark Twain get under your skin... He hasn't done anything worth noting (which is why he hides behind his anonymous persona) and so he gets his kicks trying to knock others down. You are racing based on the rules you're allowed to compete within, trying to go as fast as you can go. That's awesome and I think it is pretty awesome that you're kicking ass and taking names, while still working on holding down a normal life.

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

Stoo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:34 pm
Its not a grand tour, 8 hours is enough time to have an exceptional engine for an hour. Only your CdA is nowhere near what Alex (and even Marcin, given how everything else on his bike was UCI legal) is. That drag makes up for a lot. So couch your hubris within your cohort, is my point. By all means actually claim "fastest non UCI legal UK 25 mile TT". In fact I just said it for you. I should have added congrats. My apologies there.
He hasn't done anything worth noting
All I spoke was the truth Richard. Yet you keep wanting to create a strawman where I need to qualify my racing palmares before being permitted to make a comment on an internet forum.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

MarkTwain wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:35 am
Stoo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:34 pm
Its not a grand tour, 8 hours is enough time to have an exceptional engine for an hour. Only your CdA is nowhere near what Alex (and even Marcin, given how everything else on his bike was UCI legal) is. That drag makes up for a lot. So couch your hubris within your cohort, is my point. By all means actually claim "fastest non UCI legal UK 25 mile TT". In fact I just said it for you. I should have added congrats. My apologies there.
He hasn't done anything worth noting
All I spoke was the truth Richard. Yet you keep wanting to create a strawman where I need to qualify my racing palmares before being permitted to make a comment on an internet forum.
Oh no, I'm not trying to say that you need to qualify your racing palmares before being pemitted to comment, you're free to make a comment and have an opinion. Its just that that opinion shouldn't hold much weight because you're just some guy commenting on the internet. We don't know anything about you or if you speak from experience, so why give it any weight. Stoo, for example, is the opposite. I know he's out there pinning a number, competing. He speaks from experience and clearly understands what it takes, so when he recognizes the work and effort that's gone in, he acknowledges that and congratulates, and when he sees an area that can be improved his makes suggestions.

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

Rich, now you're just being ignorant and contradicting yourself with logical fallacies. On top of the denial.

themidge

by themidge

MarkTwain wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:35 am
By all means actually claim "fastest non UCI legal UK 25 mile TT"
Why? They were all three competing under CTT rules. To try to undermine @Stoo's great performance by claiming that he had some sort of unfair advantage is unnecessarily cruel.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

so is the bolide a fast bike? (why was i under the impression it wasn't.... from internet , not from real life) .... As i'm sure if Marcin isn't on a team at the moment, he'd pick the quickest kit?

that guy must really like time trialing haha. Surprising to see him still be without a team i guess....

Grill

by Grill

nathanong87 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:11 pm
so is the bolide a fast bike? (why was i under the impression it wasn't.... from internet , not from real life) .... As i'm sure if Marcin isn't on a team at the moment, he'd pick the quickest kit?

that guy must really like time trialing haha. Surprising to see him still be without a team i guess....
Yup, the Bolide is a very fast bike, great design.

Peeza21

by Peeza21

Cannondale slice 105 5800
Won it on eBay, and seller was only 10minutes away. Won for £335 (Not with lightweights)
Needs a good wash and some fresh bar tape, want to swap out the base bar for something flat. Don’t like the kick up at the end where the brake levers are.
I have my 1st club 10mile (in about 10 years) on Thursday

Cannondale Systemsix Ultegra 2020 8)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160844

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com