Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

A couple of pics form my TT this past Saturday... horrendous weather, pissing down rain. It is a 13.7 km course... essentially a big ractangle with three 90* turns. I averaged 329 watts, 178 bpm, and 45 kph. I took 2nd in the Cat 1/2/3 class, missing the top step by 10.8 seconds.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Juanmoretime wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:45 am
No wonder you lost. I see you have not put the piece on I sent you for your brake! :x :D
Unfortunately, the part you sent me is not compatible with my brake. :cry: I beleive that the tri rig brake has evolved over the years. This is the part that I need.

If you'd like I can send the part you sent, back.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dominikk

by dominikk

What saddle is this on Rohan Dennis' winning bike?
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

It is a Fizik Ares... I missed this shot when I was tryign to grab them all for the post. I think maybe it is an older saddle of theirs.

dominikk

by dominikk

Thanks, looks very comfortable ...
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Tony Martin in yesterday's TT... appears to be using a new/different helmet. That is not the standard Oakley TT helmet that he's had previously this year. Also no longer using the sawtooth front wheel.

themidge

by themidge

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:56 am
...Rohan Dennis' winning bike from Yesterday's Giro TT.

I usually like BMCs, but that is truly disgusting, the stem-headtube interface and the seat cluster are particularly offensive.

RyanH

by RyanH

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:38 am
A couple of pics form my TT this past Saturday... horrendous weather, pissing down rain. It is a 13.7 km course... essentially a big ractangle with three 90* turns. I averaged 329 watts, 178 bpm, and 45 kph. I took 2nd in the Cat 1/2/3 class, missing the top step by 10.8 seconds.
What power meter are you using? Your watts/speed seems off. A CdA of 0.22 seems really low for a big boy :wink: . I think your Merckx style TT's suggested the same CdA which would be more far fetched. Congrats on the results though, those speeds are legit, especially the Merckx style ones.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I have Stages DA9000 power meters on each of my bikes.... I'm not sure what you mean by the "big boy" comment. I'm 5'8" 161 pounds... so I'd say pretty much in the middle of sizing, not tall, nor overweight.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

themidge wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:56 am
...Rohan Dennis' winning bike from Yesterday's Giro TT.

I usually like BMCs, but that is truly disgusting, the stem-headtube interface and the seat cluster are particularly offensive.
I feel the bike is more tri friendly ... you get a draft box in tri mode which in turn makes the seat cluster look better. The stem handlebar interface is really helpful for those that have to disassemble for travel.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

RyanH

by RyanH

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:24 pm
I have Stages DA9000 power meters on each of my bikes.... I'm not sure what you mean by the "big boy" comment. I'm 5'8" 161 pounds... so I'd say pretty much in the middle of sizing, not tall, nor overweight.
Ah, sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm 5'9 and between 154-158lbs so I figured based off your photos, your CdA would be a little higher than mine but I could be wrong:

Anyway, your Route 29 Merckx style TT power numbers don't seem to match up with your average speed unless you had a helluva tail wind that day. I'd think you're probably putting out a lot more power than what your stages is suggesting.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

RyanH wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:52 pm
Ah, sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm 5'9 and between 154-158lbs so I figured based off your photos, your CdA would be a little higher than mine but I could be wrong:

Anyway, your Route 29 Merckx style TT power numbers don't seem to match up with your average speed unless you had a helluva tail wind that day. I'd think you're probably putting out a lot more power than what your stages is suggesting.
Which Rt. 29 numbers are you referring to? I've raced that course a number of times. How are you figuring CdA numbers? It sounds like a tool I'd have fun with. I will say this, I always seem to manage to do more with less power in comparison to other guys I've raced against. I work hard to try and get a good, tight position and I've tried to optimize my bike from an efficiency standpoint, as much as I can... Ceramic bearings, waxed chain, low rolling resistance tires, etc.

The pic you've posted, is that a pic of your Merckx setup? I should also note that my state has some pretty advanced rules.. they actually don't calit Merckx TT, but rather Non-TT. They allow skinsuits, TT helmets and your bike can be as aggressive as you want it, as long as it'd be legal for a mass start road race... so no disc wheels, no trispokes, etc... aero bikes are allowed and deep aero wheels. I raced on a Venge with 88mm wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

I use this one for quick checks on power/speed scenarious:

https://www.cyclingpowerlab.com/PowerSp ... arios.aspx

Have you done any Chung method testing? You need a GSC-10 (they're like $30) since GPS isn't accurate enough and Stages may be iffy but I think some on Slowtwich may be getting acceptable results with Stages.

The Rt 29 one was the one on your blog, so I think from June?

Edited to add: No, that picture is one of the few side profiles of me riding. That's my climbing position and was taken about an hour into a 1.5 hour climb.