Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

CrankAddictsRich wrote:Have you been professionally fit on that bike?
No I haven’t ! I am not a pro. I race masters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

You don't have to be a pro to be professionally fit... you're on a $10,000 bicycle, an investment of a few hundred would likely improve your comfort and speed.

Raccooningtanuki

by Raccooningtanuki

Current setup for commuting and Uber eats. helmet not pictured
Attachments
193BA3EA-C1B0-4D19-B605-88598AD3179B.jpeg
Spring propel viewtopic.php?t=140915
Fall guru merus viewtopic.php?t=155877
Summer carver nonsense viewtopic.php?t=156795

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

On the road again...

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

If any TT racers/riders are looking for a new bike or if you know someone looking to get into TT racing, I'm selling my Shiv TT.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Almost race ready (narrower tires and lates tubes for race day).

Training set up with a fat 28mm tire in the back and a lower profile front wheel for the windy days (or where I live, everyday).

Frame: 2020 Specialized Shiv TT Disc in Size Large with Shiv TT cockpit (80mm of spacers) and Venge Seatpost (Saddle to Armcup drop is 143mm)
Group: SRAM Red AXS 1x with Ceramicspeed OSPW as rear derailleur cage. For training and hilly TTs I used a 48T Chainring, for flat and very short TTs I use a 52T, both on a short 170mm crank.
Saddle: Dash Cycles TT Custom
Bottle Cages: Carbon Works
Computer Mount: K-Edge Aero TT Mount for Wahoo ELEMNT Bolt
Pedals: Speedplay Aero Titanium
Wheels:
Training: ENVE SES 5.6 Disc with 25c Vittoria Corsa front and Roval CLX64 with 28c Vittoria Corsa Control rear
Raceday: Roval CLX 64 Disc with 23c Vittoria Corsa Speed front and Roval 321 Disc with 23c Vittoria Corsa Speed rear
Brake rotors are Dura Ace Freeze. They are lighter than SRAM, look great on the bike and work perfectly.

It is the best bike I've ever ridden, it's as light and nimble as a road bike, yet very very fast on the flat. Also, it is pretty comfortable and somewhat future proof (with basically any tire width possible). The only tiny thing to complain about would be the rather twitchy Roval CLX64 front wheel. The force me more often out of the aero bars than I anticipated with these rather "shallow" rims (for a TT Bike that is).
Last edited by FlatlandClimber on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

Buexx

by Buexx

@FlatlandClimber:
Sadly your images won't load for me, don't have this issue with all the other pcitures on ww. Would love to see your Shiv as I am thinking about getting one myself.
Can you compare the ride feel to more "traditional" TT bikes? I only own a hard-as-a-rock Aero bike from Rose and a S-Works Tarmac SL6. The first let's you know about every little imperfection of the street. When I switch to my Tarmac I always double check my tire pressure as it rides so comfortable as if I only inflated them to 40psi.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Buexx wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:17 am
@FlatlandClimber:
Sadly your images won't load for me, don't have this issue with all the other pcitures on ww. Would love to see your Shiv as I am thinking about getting one myself.
Can you compare the ride feel to more "traditional" TT bikes? I only own a hard-as-a-rock Aero bike from Rose and a S-Works Tarmac SL6. The first let's you know about every little imperfection of the street. When I switch to my Tarmac I always double check my tire pressure as it rides so comfortable as if I only inflated them to 40psi.
Here are the pictures again: Does it work now?

Regarding ride quality: the ride is as comfortable as you like. The seatpost is a Venge seat post, that I think is very comfortable. My saddle is also super comfy. Easily can ride two hours on that. The overal frame comfort is "okay", but I wouldn't want to have it any higher. Ultimately, it's a TT machine. You can do a lot however with tires. The Roval CLX64 are so fat, that they are great with 25c and even work with 28c tires. For training, I run them at 75psi, so yes, that is very comfy for training.

For me however, the ride quality that stands out, is how the bike accelerates and handles. It's like a Venge with Aerobars, and a lot more possibilities of individualization and fit. (I value the Venge extremely high).
Last edited by FlatlandClimber on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

If you have to sit up the Enve front probably faster than the CLX. Looks awesome tho.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

That Shiv is stunning!
I think I need one but they are all sold out in the UK other than size small.

Have customers begging me to source one, but I can't even get one for myself!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Nefarious86 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:56 am
If you have to sit up the Enve front probably faster than the CLX. Looks awesome tho.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
I am still looking for the perfect solution here. The new 858 NSW or the 7.8 SES Frontwheel are on my list. stability over depth and weight here.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Thanks for the nice comments. I love the bike, too. Wouldn't trade it for any other TT bike currently on the market.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

bespoke

by bespoke

I love your Shiv TT
Would you mind sharing your contact points?
And then frame size - thank you
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

bespoke wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:50 pm
I love your Shiv TT
Would you mind sharing your contact points?
And then frame size - thank you
Hey there,
What exactly do you mean about my contact points? The arm cups are the standard ones from Specialized (although I have something nicer coming :wink: ) another saddle is the Dash TT Custom. The saddle arm cup drop is 140mm and I will likely decrease it further for the race season.
Frame is size large.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com