14sandee wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:45 pm
addictR1 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 pm
14sandee wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 pm
addictR1 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 am
ok.. i think i'll just stick with my current 10sp setup but will get a SRAM R2C shifter and slap on a 11sp cassette in the rear. i believe the 10sp RD will index properly with the 11sp R2C.

now for fit wise, since i'm running cable, should i do a dry fit with the bars and extension to my liking before routing the cables? since i'ts all internal, BMC is well know to be a PITA to do routing. lol~
I would - that was my approach with the Trinity; if you want to change extensions with internal cables it's a faff if you cable it first. I put mine on a turbo and then took self timer photos of the front and side profiles to get it as refined as possible. I've since bought a Notio and my CdA is about 0.19 so it must have worked...
wow.. learning something new every day.. had to google what Notio was. :)
The ultimate nerd tool! And even better when it's paid for by a 6th form engineering scholarship bursary...
lucky you~~~!

addictR1

by addictR1

14sandee wrote:
The ultimate nerd tool! And even better when it's paid for by a 6th form engineering scholarship bursary...
now you are just rubbing it in... :D
i like the alpha one, but out of my budget range for now. so pulled the trigger on the vision metron TFA. since my current TMR02 is with SRAM Red 10sp, i recall the RD can support 11sp right? i need to get bar end shifters and brake lever. for brake lever thinking to get sram 900 carbon to do the trick. for bar-end shifter, i'm thinking if i should get R2C type or not. any suggestions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

Finally it's built up again, finished her yesterday evening so decided to wait until today to get some pictures outside in day light.

The color is Lamborghini Grigio Estoque, Trek logo and top tube are raw carbon with bright orange details. Really happy with how it turned out. Turns really dark when not in the sun light and really bright when the light hits it, almost silver.

Excuse the lack of pedals and the flat rear tire, the pump didn't fit with the disc cover on 😬

14sandee

by 14sandee

addictR1 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:50 pm
14sandee wrote:
i like the alpha one, but out of my budget range for now. so pulled the trigger on the vision metron TFA. since my current TMR02 is with SRAM Red 10sp, i recall the RD can support 11sp right? i need to get bar end shifters and brake lever. for brake lever thinking to get sram 900 carbon to do the trick. for bar-end shifter, i'm thinking if i should get R2C type or not. any suggestions?
I don't know about the rear mech, but I wouldn't bother with the R2C shifters unless you plan on doing UCI regs events where max extension height is an issue. Brake levers make little difference to aero - I'd go with whatever looks good value; if matching your gruppo is important then maybe the SRAM would be good. My TT rig runs 105 RD with the standard shimano DA 11sp bar end shifters and some very cheap Oval Concepts brake levers.
All-City Zig-Zag / Custom Trinity / Crockett / 2014 TCR / Tom Bromwich Singlespeed / Kinesis "Kermit" Pro6

addictR1

by addictR1

14sandee wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:42 pm
addictR1 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:50 pm
14sandee wrote:
I don't know about the rear mech, but I wouldn't bother with the R2C shifters unless you plan on doing UCI regs events where max extension height is an issue. Brake levers make little difference to aero - I'd go with whatever looks good value; if matching your gruppo is important then maybe the SRAM would be good. My TT rig runs 105 RD with the standard shimano DA 11sp bar end shifters and some very cheap Oval Concepts brake levers.
nice nice.. yea since i have a couple different 10sp cassettes 11/28, 12/30, 11/32.. i figure i'll go with the 10sp. found a pair of used 1090 R2C on ebay, so waiting to see if seller accepts.

addictR1

by addictR1

Got the sram red 1090 R2C delivered today. The shifter for the RD seems to have endless clicks even after the 10th click. Likewise when I downshift to 1st click I keeps going and the marker on the shifter keeps turning. Is it broken?

14sandee

by 14sandee

addictR1 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:19 am
Got the sram red 1090 R2C delivered today. The shifter for the RD seems to have endless clicks even after the 10th click. Likewise when I downshift to 1st click I keeps going and the marker on the shifter keeps turning. Is it broken?
I've no idea personally; I've never used Sram kit but is it possible that as part of the R2C mechanism it can continue to rotate infinitely when there's no cable in it, but then when setup on the bike the cable prevents that?
All-City Zig-Zag / Custom Trinity / Crockett / 2014 TCR / Tom Bromwich Singlespeed / Kinesis "Kermit" Pro6

addictR1

by addictR1

i brought the R2C to a LBS to check out. indeed it was broken. there were missing parts inside like a spring and clip. didn't want to risk trying it with a rebuild kit, so sent it back to the seller and got a SRAM 900 shifter instead. should be here sometime next week.

came home from the doc appt and found this big ass box. after all the packaging material removed.. a big black box is there.. when the cover is lifted.. felt like motherf$%king JOHN WICK~! :D
vision.jpg
installed it on my TMR02, but still adjust the arm pads. left the current road bars with shifters on.. so i can adjust and still ride with the new TFA bars on. once i get to that comfort zone, then will do the full cable install. :)

MaxPower

by MaxPower

addictR1 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:17 am
i brought the R2C to a LBS to check out. indeed it was broken. there were missing parts inside like a spring and clip. didn't want to risk trying it with a rebuild kit, so sent it back to the seller and got a SRAM 900 shifter instead. should be here sometime next week.

came home from the doc appt and found this big ass box. after all the packaging material removed.. a big black box is there.. when the cover is lifted.. felt like motherf$%king JOHN WICK~! :D

vision.jpg

installed it on my TMR02, but still adjust the arm pads. left the current road bars with shifters on.. so i can adjust and still ride with the new TFA bars on. once i get to that comfort zone, then will do the full cable install. :)
Envy... i´m still waiting for mine

14sandee

by 14sandee

addictR1 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:17 am

vision.jpg

That's unfortunate. The bars look gorgeous though, I'm looking forward to seeing it built. On another note, you don't happen to live in the UK and be looking for good value disc wheel do you? Or anyone else for that matter? I'm trying to sell my Corima and it's not going well.

poulhansen

by poulhansen

My 2014 PlanetX Exocet 2, built up last winter. Check out the Metron shifters! Looks amazing, works amazingly. ;-)

Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg

addictR1

by addictR1

MaxPower wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:07 am
mine took about 2wks to get to California
14sandee wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:02 pm

That's unfortunate. The bars look gorgeous though, I'm looking forward to seeing it built. On another note, you don't happen to live in the UK and be looking for good value disc wheel do you? Or anyone else for that matter? I'm trying to sell my Corima and it's not going well.
i'm still trying to get dialed in and still trying to find a fitter who's also a physical therapist to help with the fit in northern california. i'll post up a pic once i have everything dialed in. :)
poulhansen wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:11 pm
My 2014 PlanetX Exocet 2, built up last winter. Check out the Metron shifters! Looks amazing, works amazingly. ;-)
does those shifters work with sram; which i think it's a 1:1 pull ratio?

poulhansen

by poulhansen

does those shifters work with sram; which i think it's a 1:1 pull ratio?
I have no idea but they are Dura Ace compatible, so if Sram is DA compatible, they are Sram compatible :)

Or you could mail them, it's Vision Metron shifters.
Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:34 pm
I am 190cm tall (around 6'2.5") and have a 91cm inseam. The bike is a Large, which is the biggest frame they make.
Glad to see someone else on the wattshop front end! I couldn't quite get the right position on the standard trek one (praying mantis)... this is now dialed in!! Although did mean I had to conver to etap 🙈 I've got a new aerocoach 12 speed 54 tooth chain, AXS force RD with CBear pulley wheels, a campy 11-32 12 speed cassette and a gold chain still to go on.. for reference I'm 6ft3, 76kg but very bendy so I'm on a Medium..

Tyre wise, because the roads are so terrible in west Berkshire I run gp5000 TL in 25mm so I can finish the race 😂😂
Walker brothers wideboy disc with DT Swiss hub upgrade and enve 7.8 front with DT 240 hub..

Hope to cause some damage this year... 🤞 for sub 20
Attachments
302CD3DD-4842-4995-90A6-18AA2CBD15CA.jpeg
0A39C4A9-3732-4E48-A94D-33C73D294E4F.jpeg
B0201F13-32FD-4D7C-B057-7CD5BFF4A5A1.jpeg
56051FDF-B9EC-4505-B619-517989D5692B.jpeg
3771ECED-29B9-4351-A285-CD00F6FDEAE4.jpeg
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MaxPower

by MaxPower

addictR1 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:55 pm
MaxPower wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:07 am
mine took about 2wks to get to California
My problem is, its custom order for me. I'm trying to convince them to send me the tfa cockpit together wit special adapters to make them directly compatable with the proprietary frame basebar.

3 weeks now without any info about this project. It's hard to stay focused and wait patiently. But i hope the wait is soon over,