Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

wolfesquire wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:21 pm
ryanw wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:31 pm
Here's one I specced and built for a good friend of mine. One pic with training wheels (8.75kg), the other with race wheels.

On his second ever "hot lap", he broke the 5 year KOM round Richmond Park on it. A lot more to be had once he dials it in. Has his first 10 on it tomorrow too.

58/44 AeroCoach chainrings will be here next week, so he's currently on a 53T :oops:
No safety issues with the amount of spacers?
The bike has no spacers :noidea:
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimmS

by TimmS

Race mode

Just bought a Tririg frontbrake, dropped the front 1cm and I need a bigger, 52, chainring!
DSC_1472.JPG

jekyll man

by jekyll man

wolfesquire wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:21 pm
ryanw wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:31 pm
Here's one I specced and built for a good friend of mine. One pic with training wheels (8.75kg), the other with race wheels.

On his second ever "hot lap", he broke the 5 year KOM round Richmond Park on it. A lot more to be had once he dials it in. Has his first 10 on it tomorrow too.

58/44 AeroCoach chainrings will be here next week, so he's currently on a 53T :oops:
No safety issues with the amount of spacers?
It's a telescoping "stem" for want of a better word.
Check out the cervelo website
Official cafe stop tester

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

The beast returns with a new cockpit and the world's fastest (and flimsiest) tires:
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

14sandee

by 14sandee

I love the look of the Wattshop extensions, what do you think about the setup of them?
All-City Zig-Zag / Custom Trinity / Crockett / 2014 TCR / Tom Bromwich Singlespeed / Kinesis "Kermit" Pro6

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

While I am happy with the extensions themselve, the set up wasn't a great experience.
Out of the box, it only comes with the angle and position you had before, but you can't really move the bars forward of backwards.... or change their tilt. You can only move the arm cups to each side and move the bars closer together at the tips, but even that is super limited, because you otherwise can't fit a Bolt in between.
And the grips are really darn short, lucky I have small hands.
Also, tightening steel screws to 5Nm on the thinnest pieces of carbon felt wrong.
They gave more thought to aerodynamics and looks than to ergonomics.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

14sandee

by 14sandee

Interesting to know. The grips being short is so they can be UCI legal I'd guess, and I assume Dan reckons most people buying these will already be pretty dialled position-wise. Considering he's constantly tweeking you'd have thought he'd want plenty of adjustability in the design, but apparently not.
All-City Zig-Zag / Custom Trinity / Crockett / 2014 TCR / Tom Bromwich Singlespeed / Kinesis "Kermit" Pro6

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Just spoke to them, and there will be a solution to make the position more "tweakable" over the winter. I am getting custom hand poles, that are slightly longer.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

robeambro

by robeambro

If everytime you get a ban you come back with all of these purchases, I can't wait for the next time they ban you. Unsure what the reason was but do it again! :lol:

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I am unsure too, but always come back stronger. Important rule :lol:
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

RyanH

by RyanH

Please do not quote everyone above you, it makes it very difficult to read.

Buexx

by Buexx

Very nice upgrades FlatlandClimber. Always a pleasure to see your bike and makes me want mine to be built up even more.
What made you buy the wattshop extensions over e.g. the aerocoach ones (they are a fair amount cheaper) or some completly custom made options (that would probably be a lot more expensive).

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Hello Buexx,
The main reason that made me pick the Wattshop extensions over the Aerocoach extensions was, that the AC ones weren't available at the time of ordering. If I had the choice again, I'd probably go AC, because I am also being coached by them and do my position adjustment with them.
The Wattshop ones look great and have great build quality, but they have their limitations when it comes to adjustment.
I will likely move my position around a little every now and then, and therefore this is important to me.
That would also be the problem for me with something like "Speed Bar". The fully custom solutions have one position and usually no adjustment. That is not an option for me.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:14 pm
The beast returns with a new cockpit and the world's fastest (and flimsiest) tires:
Such a sick bike. How tall are you and what size is the Shiv?
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I am 190cm tall (around 6'2.5") and have a 91cm inseam. The bike is a Large, which is the biggest frame they make.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg