Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Kristof047

by Kristof047

As I do not really ‘love’ TT training, but do participate a TT race or 3 a year. I build me something versatile instead of a full TT bike. Aero was only 2nd priority, but didn’t want to compromise on the body position.

TT setup weights 8.93 kilo’s including pedals and 3 bottle mounts. Some parts I specially chose for functionality over weight, aero, ...:

- Cinelli Vigorelli road frameset, because I wanted steel, brake cable external for easy removal. High bottom bracket for fixie races and has some streed credibility when used in fixie races 8)
- Haero Carbon H155 handlebar: normal clipp-ons are too high for my position + easy to remove extensions or add triathlon U-bar.
- 1x11 Etap for shifting at extensions and easy change for track/fixie mode.
- Redshift dual position seatpost for TT and Road position on the go.
- Fabric Cageless bottles, because most TT’s are short and don’t need bottles. I think just bolts are faster than empty cages.
- Fabric TT saddle for comfort
- Some cheap Chinese tubular wheels with Aerojacket for aero purposes.
- Other components are reuses from the spare bin.

Also have White Industries Eno Eccentric wheels, so with just minor work the bike can and will be used as TT-bike, Sprint triathlon bike, crit bike, fixie with brakes and track bike without brakes. Just requires wheels swap, chain swap, derailleur removement and for track, brake removal (actually I just swap the entire handlebar which is faster).

dominikk

by dominikk

@Kristof047
Interesting ... very interesting.
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Markcanyon

by Markcanyon

EFCA5A64-9034-4FDC-A77D-AF6EE89BA980.jpeg

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Anyone out there using the Shimano SW-R9160 bar end switches? I'm currently using the two-button Ultegra 6870 TT buttons and I thought the SW-R9160 switches would minimize things at the end of my extensions... I just can't quite find any good information about how the wires connect. It appears as if the wire runs right up the middle, but then I can't figure out how they're tightened into the bar ends.

Jugi

by Jugi

I would adhere to the installation manual on this one (Shimano has quite good manuals after all), but based on how the shifters look, they have surfaces for either a 17mm or a 19mm flat cone wrench. Most likely there is a hollow allen bolt inside which will tighten that expander while the shifter's base is inside the extension bar. By holding the base in the preferred position with a cone wrench, you resist it twisting while tightening the expander.

So, dismantle the actual shifter from it's base. Route the wire through the extension and the shifter's base. Install the base. Connect the wire to the shifter and install the shifter to it's base. It may just snap into place or it may have a securing screw on the underside.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

I have these on my TT bike.
No need to dismantle anything. Hold the shifter in place and tighten with 23mm cone wrench or pliers etc.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Jungels and Majka were on a new Shiv TT disc at the Giro.

I haven't been able to find good pictures of either, but from what I can peice together from images... it looks like a similar fork shape to the revised rim brake fork, but with disc brakes (obviously) the bar and cockpit is deifnitely revised and appears to be simpler/flatter than the previous Shiv TT. The support brace between the elbow pads is rather far apart on Jungels bike, much more so than would be capable on the rim brake bike. The underside of the top tube appears to angle into the rear of the headtube, while the older model curved. The seat stays also appear to have been dropped quite a bit, simialr to the newer, non-UCI model.

here's a zoomed in and brightened crop.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Custom bars for Roglic, Campenaerts and Nibali in the second TT at the Giro.

Maybe custom bars for Yates, as well?

Shiv TT Disc for Jungels and Majka in the second TT.

Canch

by Canch

My BMC:
2019 BMC TM02 Frameset
Campagnolo Chorus 11sp Groupset
Tririg Omega X brakes
Vision Metron TFA handlebar
VENN VAR77 with DT240s Wheelset
Corsa Speed tubeless tires
Prologo seatpost
Ceramicspeed OSPW and chain

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Great shot of Nibali. He looks almost “comfortable”. Almost Image
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Konsi

by Konsi

Not really Time Trial, more triathlon, but I think it might fit here as well :)

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Calnago wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:23 pm
Great shot of Nibali. He looks almost “comfortable”. Almost Image
Of the GC guys, I don't think Nibali is horrible on a TT bike... he's not one that excels like a Froome or Roglic, but he doesn't strike me as someone that is horrible on it either. I remember seeing a peice about him last year prior to the tour and he was working on position in a wind tunnel with the team and Merida people. There are some guys in the WT where it seems the only time they touch the TT bike is for the TT stages of a grand tour and that just seems crazy to me for the guys that are actively targeting GC.

liam7020

by liam7020

I'm trying to set up a San Marco Shortfit saddle on a bike I'm building for short TTs. Can't seem to find the sweet spot. Anyone have any suggestions for setting up these short length type saddles? Cheers.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Konsi

by Konsi

I had a friend taking some video shots with a drone last week on the triathlon bike in almost complete race trim (the bottles move behind the saddle). I have no budget for bike fitting or aero-testing, but I can keep this position for more than two hours, so I think I should be fine for the half-ironman distance on Sunday.

http://konsi.net/intern/WW/aerotraining.mp4

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

The second pic the fit looks nice but I’m no pro.

The yellow grip tape I thought you were carrying bananas till I zoomed in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk