Anyone still have a steel bike?

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Crashtest

by Crashtest

one of my steel bikes, 2001 Supercorsa Neuron frame. very quick handling, comfortable without being too flexy. about 21lbs with a mix of centaur and veloce.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

That Kelson is a very very nice ride. Pretty awesome components on it too!

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Here my custom Rychtarski in Columbus Max. It's NOT ww material as it sits a bit over 9kg as it is in the pictures.

See more here: http://showmethebike.tumblr.com/post/50 ... ith-a-camo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thatdkid

by thatdkid

Thanks! Just ordered a complete Campy record group... Can't wait for the clean classic look!

SWijland wrote:That Kelson is a very very nice ride. Pretty awesome components on it too!

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

prendrefeu wrote:The bike by Phallenthoul is almost perfect.

+1!
For me it just needs a polished quill stem and maybe chainrings with a little less drillium - messes with the overall simplicity!
Extremely nice!
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

thatdkid wrote:Here is my "modern" Steel Frame...

Love the Kelson, particularly as I am currently working with Brian on a KVA MS2 Cross/Gravel bike. The ST he wanted to use was on backorder, but I understand that he should have the full tubeset this week, and welding should begin soon. I can't wait. He has been great to work with and he was a pleasure to talk to at NAHBS. Hopefully we will be seeing more of his bike around the forums.

One of my steel rides is below...

thatdkid

by thatdkid

xjbaylor wrote:
Love the Kelson, particularly as I am currently working with Brian on a KVA MS2 Cross/Gravel bike. The ST he wanted to use was on backorder, but I understand that he should have the full tubeset this week, and welding should begin soon. I can't wait. He has been great to work with and he was a pleasure to talk to at NAHBS. Hopefully we will be seeing more of his bike around the forums.

Brian is one of the greats! My only problem is trying to decide what to have him build me next?

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

My ‘new’ steel bike – readers of Ride Review magazine may recognise this one – an original 1986 Pinarello Vini Ricordi Pro Team bike featuring a custom Pinarello team frameset (not a production frame) and first generation C-Record with cobalto brakes. The SLX tubing frame and the groupset have several subtle differences from standard production versions - external cables, number brackets, blanked off 2nd water bottle position, cut-down BB with Ti spindle and cut-outs to the RD. This bike was raced by first year pro rider Frederico Chiotto in the Giro that year who finished 122nd - his name is still painted on the top tube. It has plenty of battle scars but has been meticulously mechanically maintained. Amazing to ride.

Last edited by dadoflam08 on Fri May 31, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Surely your lovely Pinarello deserves more pictures, or at least a link to where we can find them.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

dado, what happened with your Cinelli?

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

SWijland wrote:Surely your lovely Pinarello deserves more pictures, or at least a link to where we can find them.

Added some more to the original post - thanks for asking!

Tinea - Cinelli is alive and well

- the project turned out so well that it has become a wall queen - has not been ridden since I finished it - hence the need for a 'rider' - the Pina.
BTW - you finished that Merckx yet!!!!!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

dadoflam08 wrote:Image
Holy pantographed Pinarello, Batman!! And back in the days before those stupid squiggly forks and chain stays.

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

HammerTime2 wrote:
Holy pantographed Pinarello, Batman!! And back in the days before those stupid squiggly forks and chain stays.[/quote]

Too right! - the second generation Italian frame makers have a lot to answer for! Pinarello's best work came from the leadership of the master Giovanni - to Pina purists I'm told things went downhill after it moved factory in the early 90's and the next generation took over
- and don't get me started on Cinelli post-Cino

Dammit

by Dammit

I almost have a steel bike:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fletch62

by fletch62

Interesting looking steel frame Dammit, what is it?