Anyone still have a steel bike?

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Love those Wilier Superleggera's. And the Rusby (not heard of them before, but want to look more at them).

My latest steel addition.

KB

by KB

Love the grey and pink colours. My mate had one similar, but that goes back over 45 years. brings back the nostalgia trip. very nice build. It looks so clean and uncluttered with the SRAM E-Tap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

megl

by megl

sheberin wrote:My 1992 Eddy Merckx MX-Leader, restored and built with new parts, 8.02kg as shown.

That's beyond awesome! I'm lost for word!

Where are you located?

jockeywilson

by jockeywilson

This is my eddy merckx, made with Columbus slx I think.
Attachments
My Eddy Merckx. Columbus SLX
My Eddy Merckx. Columbus SLX

sheberin

by sheberin

megl wrote:
sheberin wrote:My 1992 Eddy Merckx MX-Leader, restored and built with new parts, 8.02kg as shown.

That's beyond awesome! I'm lost for word!

Where are you located?

hi, thanks a lot! :)
i´m located in switzerland, why?
buildlist and some more information -> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=144985

Timo

by Timo

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Roel W

by Roel W

What frame is this?
Modern cablestopper on the right-hand side of the down tube and oldschool shifter on the other side?

Timo

by Timo

Roel W wrote:What frame is this?
Modern cablestopper on the right-hand side of the down tube and oldschool shifter on the other side?

It's custom build to my specifications by Antonio Taverna at Telai Vetta in Padua and painted by Brady van Dalen at BCP Special Paintwork. I specifically asked for this setup with a cable stop on the right and a shifter boss on the left.

http://www.vetta.it - a small family business which celebrates 70 years of framebuilding this year

I named the bike Mefistofele...

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Timo

by Timo

Well done! Are those Mavic Extralith wheels without decals or those new DT ceramic wheels?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

KB wrote:Love the grey and pink colours. My mate had one similar, but that goes back over 45 years. brings back the nostalgia trip. very nice build. It looks so clean and uncluttered with the SRAM E-Tap.

Etap truly is a godsend for cleaning bikes up. Handily too, it just works. No hassles with it. Easy to set up. Easy to charge. Sure the batteries could stand to be a little smaller, but that's an issue with overall battery tech and less so with SRAM.

Bike itself I am also damn happy with. Racing wise it's been terrific.

Timo, love that build. And had no idea about Vetta. So old skool they don't even have Instagram (or an English page).

Marin

by Marin

Love the Vetta, so classy! Bet it rides like a dream.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Looks really nice Timo, love the left shifter. Beautiful colour for the frame and stem too...how do you compare it to the feel of the Merlin Ti?

sheberin

by sheberin

Timo wrote:

Well done! Are those Mavic Extralith wheels without decals or those new DT ceramic wheels?

These are the new DT Swiss Pr1400 Dicut Oxic. I thought i‘ll give them a chance, I‘m happy so far.

Really nice a special vetta btw, love the many details!

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Lovely Vetta Timo. When Ergo/STI shifters first started appearing in the Pro peloton it was often seen that some riders would have the front ring changer on the down tube especially for mountain stages in order to save weight. Yours looks fine and a nice nod to tradition, I like it. :D

Timo

by Timo

Wingnut wrote:Looks really nice Timo, love the left shifter. Beautiful colour for the frame and stem too...how do you compare it to the feel of the Merlin Ti?

Thanks all! I'll be able to get you a ride impression in a week or two. Only just glued the tires to the rims and I'm yet to do a first ride :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com