Vermu wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:49 pm
And the weight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Should have weighed mine before installing
sub 400g according to Canyon

skyboy

by skyboy

Does anyone know if the rubber grommet plug for the front derailleur is important on the Ultimate SLX?

I was removing the old cable and the grommet came out, the plastic it was connected to is also worn so it won't go back on.
Should I glue it or is it ok with out it. I guess it's there to stop water getting in but it doesn't seem to be doing a great job.

It's also impossible to replace the plastic cable guide as it's glued to the frame. It's ok for now but is showing signs of wear.

Not the best picture as I couldn't get my phone to focus on the cable guide above the bottom bracket.

addictR1

by addictR1

Anyone know if there is any difference between the ultimate frameset 8.0 versus 9.0?

Seeing on their website they list both rim brake version 8.0 and 9.0 to be the same as 7kg.

skyboy

by skyboy

addictR1 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:06 pm
Anyone know if there is any difference between the ultimate frameset 8.0 versus 9.0?

Seeing on their website they list both rim brake version 8.0 and 9.0 to be the same as 7kg.

Are you asking if there is a difference between the SL and SLX frame set?
If so the answer is the carbon layup is different. The SLX is a bit lighter, 100 grams less.
The SLX may also be slightly stiffer too but I can't find any info on that.

addictR1

by addictR1

skyboy wrote:
addictR1 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:06 pm

Are you asking if there is a difference between the SL and SLX frame set?
If so the answer is the carbon layup is different. The SLX is a bit lighter, 100 grams less.
The SLX may also be slightly stiffer too but I can't find any info on that.
Yea I would think the SLX is lighter but not sure why the website list the 8.0 & 9.0 the same weight. I would think the 9.0 would be lighter

Anyone know how much the SL frameset weights in S size?
Think to replace my addict r1 with the SL, but not sure if SL frameset will be lighter than my addict or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertbb

by robertbb

My Ultimate SLX, rim brake in size S, matte black, weighed in at 782g (which included the hangers + bearings @ 37g).

The fork weighed 324g (including the nut).

skyboy

by skyboy

Last edited by skyboy on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

skyboy

by skyboy

Canyon do list the two framesets for the Ultimate SL and SLX but it's difficult to compare weights as one comes with the aero cockpit.

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road-bikes ... ngroesse=M

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road-bikes ... groesse=XL

BurgundyMist

by BurgundyMist

I don’t think he means SL vs. SLX. Difference between Ultimate 8.0 (SLX) and 9.0 (SLX) is the group set: 8.0 is Ultegra and 9.0 Dura-Ace. It’s the same frame —> same frame weight.

addictR1

by addictR1

BurgundyMist wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:06 pm
I don’t think he means SL vs. SLX. Difference between Ultimate 8.0 (SLX) and 9.0 (SLX) is the group set: 8.0 is Ultegra and 9.0 Dura-Ace. It’s the same frame —> same frame weight.

if SL and SLX is same frame weight, then it's not really different layup, as different layup shoudl yield different weight? or maybe less epoxy used? just curious..

BurgundyMist

by BurgundyMist

I didn’t say SL and SLX frames are same weight. You asked what is the difference between 8.0 and 9.0 and the difference is the group set, wheels, etc.

addictR1

by addictR1

BurgundyMist wrote:I didn’t say SL and SLX frames are same weight. You asked what is the difference between 8.0 and 9.0 and the difference is the group set, wheels, etc.

Perhaps miscommunication, I’m only interested in the frameset weight of SL. Not sure if the SL will be lighter than my current Addict R1 frameset.

What’s this about ultimate Evo 10? 5.1Kg? Omg... just saw it on EU site. How come not available in US?

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

addictR1 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:11 am
BurgundyMist wrote:I didn’t say SL and SLX frames are same weight. You asked what is the difference between 8.0 and 9.0 and the difference is the group set, wheels, etc.

Perhaps miscommunication, I’m only interested in the frameset weight of SL. Not sure if the SL will be lighter than my current Addict R1 frameset.

What’s this about ultimate Evo 10? 5.1Kg? Omg... just saw it on EU site. How come not available in US?

It sure is
https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road-bikes ... /2174.html

addictR1

by addictR1

RedbullFiXX wrote:
addictR1 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:11 am

It sure is
https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road-bikes ... /2174.html
Yea I saw that frameset. But not digging the brown. Wish it was orange up top to match my POC orange helmet.

by Weenie