The Canyon love thread

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
RedbullFiXX
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:13 am

by RedbullFiXX

Nice one
What size & weight ?

by Weenie


RedbullFiXX
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:13 am

by RedbullFiXX

Vermu wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:49 pm
And the weight?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Should have weighed mine before installing
sub 400g according to Canyon

skyboy
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 pm

by skyboy

Does anyone know if the rubber grommet plug for the front derailleur is important on the Ultimate SLX?

I was removing the old cable and the grommet came out, the plastic it was connected to is also worn so it won't go back on.
Should I glue it or is it ok with out it. I guess it's there to stop water getting in but it doesn't seem to be doing a great job.
Image

It's also impossible to replace the plastic cable guide as it's glued to the frame. It's ok for now but is showing signs of wear.
Image

Not the best picture as I couldn't get my phone to focus on the cable guide above the bottom bracket.

addictR1
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

by addictR1

Anyone know if there is any difference between the ultimate frameset 8.0 versus 9.0?

Seeing on their website they list both rim brake version 8.0 and 9.0 to be the same as 7kg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skyboy
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 pm

by skyboy

addictR1 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:06 pm
Anyone know if there is any difference between the ultimate frameset 8.0 versus 9.0?

Seeing on their website they list both rim brake version 8.0 and 9.0 to be the same as 7kg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you asking if there is a difference between the SL and SLX frame set?
If so the answer is the carbon layup is different. The SLX is a bit lighter, 100 grams less.
The SLX may also be slightly stiffer too but I can't find any info on that.

addictR1
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

by addictR1

skyboy wrote:
addictR1 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:06 pm
Anyone know if there is any difference between the ultimate frameset 8.0 versus 9.0?

Seeing on their website they list both rim brake version 8.0 and 9.0 to be the same as 7kg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you asking if there is a difference between the SL and SLX frame set?
If so the answer is the carbon layup is different. The SLX is a bit lighter, 100 grams less.
The SLX may also be slightly stiffer too but I can't find any info on that.
Yea I would think the SLX is lighter but not sure why the website list the 8.0 & 9.0 the same weight. I would think the 9.0 would be lighter

Anyone know how much the SL frameset weights in S size?
Think to replace my addict r1 with the SL, but not sure if SL frameset will be lighter than my addict or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertbb
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:35 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

by robertbb

My Ultimate SLX, rim brake in size S, matte black, weighed in at 782g (which included the hangers + bearings @ 37g).

The fork weighed 324g (including the nut).

skyboy
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 pm

by skyboy

.
Last edited by skyboy on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

skyboy
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 pm

by skyboy

Canyon do list the two framesets for the Ultimate SL and SLX but it's difficult to compare weights as one comes with the aero cockpit.

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road-bikes ... ngroesse=M

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road-bikes ... groesse=XL

BurgundyMist
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:32 am

by BurgundyMist

I don’t think he means SL vs. SLX. Difference between Ultimate 8.0 (SLX) and 9.0 (SLX) is the group set: 8.0 is Ultegra and 9.0 Dura-Ace. It’s the same frame —> same frame weight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addictR1
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

by addictR1

BurgundyMist wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:06 pm
I don’t think he means SL vs. SLX. Difference between Ultimate 8.0 (SLX) and 9.0 (SLX) is the group set: 8.0 is Ultegra and 9.0 Dura-Ace. It’s the same frame —> same frame weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if SL and SLX is same frame weight, then it's not really different layup, as different layup shoudl yield different weight? or maybe less epoxy used? just curious..

BurgundyMist
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:32 am

by BurgundyMist

I didn’t say SL and SLX frames are same weight. You asked what is the difference between 8.0 and 9.0 and the difference is the group set, wheels, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addictR1
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

by addictR1

BurgundyMist wrote:I didn’t say SL and SLX frames are same weight. You asked what is the difference between 8.0 and 9.0 and the difference is the group set, wheels, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps miscommunication, I’m only interested in the frameset weight of SL. Not sure if the SL will be lighter than my current Addict R1 frameset.

What’s this about ultimate Evo 10? 5.1Kg? Omg... just saw it on EU site. How come not available in US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedbullFiXX
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:13 am

by RedbullFiXX

addictR1 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:11 am
BurgundyMist wrote:I didn’t say SL and SLX frames are same weight. You asked what is the difference between 8.0 and 9.0 and the difference is the group set, wheels, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps miscommunication, I’m only interested in the frameset weight of SL. Not sure if the SL will be lighter than my current Addict R1 frameset.

What’s this about ultimate Evo 10? 5.1Kg? Omg... just saw it on EU site. How come not available in US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sure is
https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road-bikes ... /2174.html

addictR1
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

by addictR1

RedbullFiXX wrote:
addictR1 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:11 am
BurgundyMist wrote:I didn’t say SL and SLX frames are same weight. You asked what is the difference between 8.0 and 9.0 and the difference is the group set, wheels, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps miscommunication, I’m only interested in the frameset weight of SL. Not sure if the SL will be lighter than my current Addict R1 frameset.

What’s this about ultimate Evo 10? 5.1Kg? Omg... just saw it on EU site. How come not available in US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sure is
https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road-bikes ... /2174.html
Yea I saw that frameset. But not digging the brown. Wish it was orange up top to match my POC orange helmet.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post