The Canyon love thread

Moderator: Moderator Team

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

Looks great, especially the tan wall of the tyres which gives it a classy look. But you've missed the all important total weight?

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Sorry, i forget the weight.
With wheels (complete with heavy and strong skewers, tires and tubes) = 6,78 kg

Frame with all parts (no wheels) = 4,72 kg

I like that bike, but my cheaper Ultimate AL SLX is good enough and only a few gramms (300g) heavier. Pics following in a few days :-)

by Weenie

addictR1

by addictR1

i don't have a canyon YET.. but i really love the lines on the aeroad and the curves on the ultimate slx. since canyon will be coming to US, hopefully in Aug.. i'm debating on which one to get?

when looking for more stiffness, compliance and lightweight... which to choose? i'd need a XS.. so not sure what's the weight difference between the aeroad vs ultimate SLX.

thanks.

slake21

by slake21

addictR1 wrote: i'd need a XS.. so not sure what's the weight difference between the aeroad vs ultimate SLX

the Ultimate's frame is 200g lighter in size M.
no info on the weight of the Aeroad's fork so can't compare those.

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

Yes great to have this thread back and unlocked again. Definitely the right call by the site moderators. It's just made my day

slake21

by slake21

TDF sale has started. 60 bikes on sale
Just ordered my Ultimate CF SLX with 400EUR discount. Yaayy!

nonamed

by nonamed

What is the weight of Ultimate CF SLX frame (Non disc) and fork in size M ?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

slake21

by slake21

nonamed wrote:What is the weight of Ultimate CF SLX frame (Non disc) and fork in size M ?

size M is literally the only one that has the weight in the bike's description on Canyon's website.
780+295

robertbb

by robertbb

Just pulled the trigger on an Ultimate AL SLX 9.0. Had been eyeing off the frameset only, but they sold out of it a day before I was ready to buy. Saved AU$450 with the TDF discount, and within hours have just sold the Ultegra groupset (guy paypalled me a deposit on the understanding the bike is still on its way!)... now to sell the set of Ksyrium Elite WTS wheelset... even if I undercut online prices by $200, I still get the frame (incl. bars - which I like)... for $1500 to my door which is what I would have paid for the frameset anyway. Will make a nice B bike, with Potenza and Zonda C17's.... to go along with my CF SLX, with Chrous and Shamal C17's :thumbsup:

With the amazing reviews this frame is getting (when you consider that it draws comparisons with the CAAD 12 and comes with the same awesome 295g fork as on the flagship CF SLX), I reckon this particular frame/build at the reduced price is a steal.
It's ALL about the bike.

RobertBB's CyclePlanner Spreadsheet:
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 8&t=152263

lucasv

by lucasv

addictR1 wrote:i don't have a canyon YET.. but i really love the lines on the aeroad and the curves on the ultimate slx. since canyon will be coming to US, hopefully in Aug.. i'm debating on which one to get?

when looking for more stiffness, compliance and lightweight... which to choose? i'd need a XS.. so not sure what's the weight difference between the aeroad vs ultimate SLX.

thanks.

If you want aerodynamics and a more aggressive position, pick aeroad; if you want higher stiffness-to-weight ratio with some compliance, pick ultimate

Note that the aeroad has the "Pro" geometry (lower stack, longer reach), while the ultimate has the "Sport Pro" geometry

The ultimate is lighter than the aeroad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucasv

by lucasv

I'm replacing the stem on my ultimate cf slx but don't know which brand to pick from... As you know the steerer has to be 1 1/4" instead of the common 1 1/8", and not many brands are offering that

Any recommendations? I'm looking into Zipp, Ritchey and PRO (Shimano), is there any other choices? I want a stem with 100mm length and -6/-10 degrees, thanks! :D

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

lucasv wrote:I'm replacing the stem on my ultimate cf slx but don't know which brand to pick from... As you know the steerer has to be 1 1/4" instead of the common 1 1/8", and not many brands are offering that

Any recommendations? I'm looking into Zipp, Ritchey and PRO (Shimano), is there any other choices? I want a stem with 100mm length and -6/-10 degrees, thanks! :D

Giant is also an option although the-8/+8 degrees doesn't quite match your requirements. Example https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/giant ... -1-8-fork-

slake21

by slake21

lucasv wrote:I'm replacing the stem on my ultimate cf slx but don't know which brand to pick from... As you know the steerer has to be 1 1/4" instead of the common 1 1/8", and not many brands are offering that

take a look at this thread Stem for 1 1/4 "

robertbb

by robertbb

My recommendation is the Ritchey WCS 4-Axis. 140g @ 100mm (my measured weight). Looks great and stiff as guts. Drop it in a tub of solvent and rub it lightly with a non-scratch scourer and the logos come off for a very clean, stealthy look.
It's ALL about the bike.

RobertBB's CyclePlanner Spreadsheet:
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 8&t=152263

slake21

by slake21

anyone knows if the top tube cable guide is removable? or is it glued?

by Weenie